( search forums )
Hey, Michal... Inside please
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Starscream66
April 12, 2003, 9:23 pm
The thought just occured to me that Soldat pretty much rules over all. So I was sitting here thinking about all the work that you've put into it and how entirly sick and tired you must be of constantly working to make it better for all of us in the forums.

So I guess what I want to ask is, are you planning to or currently working on any other games besides Soldat?

If so, what is it, and when can we expect to see it?

Evolution
April 12, 2003, 9:31 pm
Maybe Michal could make a sequel to Soldat -Soldat "something"-
and it would be a totally upgraded version of Soldat with lots of improvements from the forum...(vechicles, more weapons etc)

SuperKill
April 12, 2003, 10:21 pm
please guys erase your messages before he comes and see them and actually make a new game :\

N1nj@
April 13, 2003, 3:39 am
i know eh

i think michal should work on soldat, ONLY soldat but no other games, LOL

so that we will have more fun

obviously, he should work on soldat whenever he wants, but as long as he works on soldat ONLY, i m a happy camper

Duke33
April 13, 2003, 3:46 am
Yeah. i think that soldat is a great game. michal really has something good going on, and i dont see why he would need to start a new game or anything. And evo, give up on the vehicle idea. There arent going to happen ecasue, and this has been said before, sodlat is 2d.

Starscream66
April 13, 2003, 7:31 am
It's not that I Don't like Soldat or think it's time for somthing else. It's just that I want to support Michal in whatever he's doing and am curious as to what else he's got going on.

It stands to reason that if Soldat rules, so might anything else he's come up with.

7olik
April 13, 2003, 7:54 am
I can only tell you that Michal wants to make a game with me as a graphic and sound designer. Anyway the game will be more complicated and confused than soldat and it'll be WWII.

READ:

Nothing is planed yet. These are only speculations. We just talked about it. Nothing more.

b00stA
April 13, 2003, 2:39 pm
Time for gossipping, eh?

7olik
April 13, 2003, 3:39 pm
it's not a gossip...

Evolution
April 14, 2003, 1:21 am
well it would be kinda nice if Michal intoduced a DIFFERENT 2d shooter
thats more advanced than Soldat but has the same theme.

enjoyincubus
April 14, 2003, 1:25 am
It would be nice if Soldat was finished before he does anything else though....there are still a few things that need done, like bugs and a few more commands for servers, and an SDK for coders and developers would also be nice.[:D][:D][:D]

Shadow

m1nt ch3w
April 14, 2003, 10:43 am
Yea, before Soldat is finished he should release an SDK. That way, although he isn't working on it, other people can change it to keep it going.

7olik
April 14, 2003, 1:17 pm
oh that thought sucks. do you know what will happen? all servers with different version of soldat... no no ... no sdk

m1nt ch3w
April 14, 2003, 1:20 pm
hmmm... well perhaps for online just use the base version? Keep a seperate install for mods.

Michal Marcinkowski
April 14, 2003, 3:31 pm
LOL , I would like to do other games but I don't have time for that. You don't have to believe me but I'm not bored with Soldat at all. It's still fun to watch those little men fly around and get killed : ))
I'll stop making Soldat when I release some stuff so Soldat will be moddable and the game will live its own life. Don't know when that will happen...

sauron_the_deceiver
April 14, 2003, 4:02 pm
Truthfully, I think Soldat is running on a thin line. Without modding resources etc etc blah blah blah, people will get bored of the same thing being re-released over and over. But, if coding start happening, whenever people want to change the game a bit, they can. And, I don't think Michal should release another game like Soldat unless it has major differences, because it just won't have originality. But that's just my opinion. Feel free to ignore me.

7olik
April 14, 2003, 5:00 pm
don't worry :) i'll make WW2 mod and you won't get bored :PPP

M
April 14, 2003, 5:21 pm
Michal how about some campaign missions in my new mod? I don't think you will get bored with this one.

Evolution
April 15, 2003, 2:58 am
well to be honest Michal......
(sorry, but) i think Soldat's getting KINDA<<<< boring.
when i started it was fun but after a while.... kinda boring.
my friends have stopped playing it now and went to some other games..

enjoyincubus
April 15, 2003, 3:22 am
quote:Truthfully, I think Soldat is running on a thin line. Without modding resources etc etc blah blah blah, people will get bored of the same thing being re-released over and over. But, if coding start happening, whenever people want to change the game a bit, they can. And, I don't think Michal should release another game like Soldat unless it has major differences, because it just won't have originality. But that's just my opinion. Feel free to ignore me.

I won't ignore you....couldn't agree with you more! I see so much potential left in Soldat, even without missions. Evolution, you would see it being much funner if you play online and make your own mods and maps, etc. It's good to hear Michal isn't tired of it, because I know that one reason any game I have made has failed is because I really get tired of a game quickly (if I am making it). Its always good to hear a developer say he isn't bored with his game at all. Because all too often, a game is released before it should be, with lots of bugs and problems, because the maker was tired of it and wanted to get it out of his hands.

Good luck with the future of Soldat...if I get into VB a little more over the summer, and if you release an SDK, I can see Soldat having a goooood modded future. *thinks of the past 4 years of Half Life*

Shadow

GlennHumplik
April 15, 2003, 6:04 am
evo, like Sha... err... enjoyincubus basically said, playing it online would add another dimension. Personally, shooters like this which can be played online are much more fun than playing with tired, predictable, boring, bots. In fact, I despise playing single player on games which I can actually play online, as it's pretty much always better online. So there :P Not trying to argue (or am I?); just trying to present my view.

And I say if Michal wants to keep making Soldat, he should do that. If he's not comfortable or doesn't have the time (which he doesn't) then a game that we somehow convinced him to make would not be as good as a self-inspired game, which he actually wants to make.

xXShavoXx
April 16, 2003, 4:52 am
Whenever Soldat DOES become moddable by the community, the only thing I truely worry about is the abuse of the source code. This usually results in hackers galore (think 1.05b, but worse). But nonetheless, Soldat will always rawk (even though it doesnt work on my comp)...

BTW- Michal, if you can get around to it, read my topic in the bugs forum, its really serious.

Evolution
April 16, 2003, 5:17 am
you have a very good point there Shavo.
i must agree on that one. (cheating bad)

why dont Soldat work on your comp?
did you post it in the help forum?