( search forums )
m79 Jumping !
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
ráz0r
April 13, 2003, 9:50 pm
K. In 1.05 it was my faveourite thing to do...it gave m79 meaning to me..run, jump turn aim diagonally back, boom , weeeeee ! It was great to do and really fun...but now in 1.1.3 the m79 does more damage, ok fine i'll lose more health but I should still go wjeeeee but NO ! It has absolutely no bounce whatsoever I fly like a centimetre futher....I mean comon michal, make it possible to m79 jump again plz. It makes the m79 more equal to the other weapons also. Plz [:-bunny]

Aquillion
April 13, 2003, 11:58 pm
Uhh, the m79 is still one of the most popular and powerful weapons in the game. Unless you want it to be weaker, saying that it should be 'more equal to the other weapons' is a bad idea.

enjoyincubus
April 14, 2003, 12:24 am
The M79 is still good, and its all I use, but it isn't the best weapon anymore....

I hope it gets better in the future!

Shadow

Evolution
April 14, 2003, 1:28 am
ARE you saying you want the M79 weaker?
OMG NO!!!! :(
i think its fine, no need to change it(for now at least)

ráz0r
April 14, 2003, 1:32 am
No, what I really want is more bounce on m79 jumps...I would also be pissed if it got weaker and took 2 shots a kill that'd be really gay. I'd like less damage for m79 jumps to ur own character, but dont lessen the damage on the enemies cause it's been [:-censored]ed up enough...the point of this thread is to make m79 jumps more bouncier !!!!!

TheKnightoftheMare
April 14, 2003, 1:35 am
hey MJing was fun, just like DJing in T2.

enjoyincubus
April 14, 2003, 1:36 am
quote: ARE you saying you want the M79 weaker?

WTF?!?! Of course it is weaker! Look at Soldat 1.05! Shots were like normal bullets. Now they're like throwing rocks....maybe you need to play it more to see this....

Shadow

Outcast
April 14, 2003, 7:15 am
Bwahhahaa you still can jump....i fly over the opponenent and shoot at him from close range diagonally and there you go......BOUNCEEEEEE and hes dead...i call it "The head smasher jump" since you littely bounce of their head

dark_skull66
April 14, 2003, 8:13 am
Yup

that fuking sniper
April 14, 2003, 8:55 am
Hehe, crazy ideas, one thing I dont get is why was m79 nerfed in the first place, I liked it alot back then, I still use it but not as efficiently.....

m1nt ch3w
April 14, 2003, 9:19 am
quote:Originally posted by enjoyincubus
quote: ARE you saying you want the M79 weaker?

WTF?!?! Of course it is weaker! Look at Soldat 1.05! Shots were like normal bullets. Now they're like throwing rocks....maybe you need to play it more to see this....

Shadow

Evo doesn't play Soldat. He just visits the forum.

mat
April 14, 2003, 10:28 am
loooooooooool

m1nt ch3w
April 14, 2003, 10:35 am
btw, mat are you the one who hosts the server by the same name? If so, thank you very much. =)

SuperKill
April 14, 2003, 11:19 am
if ur talking about mat i think he is.
evo - dude try to read other posts before posting

that fuking sniper
April 14, 2003, 11:32 am
Thats a good point, I've never seen Evolution in soldat, do you ever play the game?

ráz0r
April 14, 2003, 11:40 am
quote:Originally posted by Outcast
Bwahhahaa you still can jump....i fly over the opponenent and shoot at him from close range diagonally and there you go......BOUNCEEEEEE and hes dead...i call it "The head smasher jump" since you littely bounce of their head

I did that in 1.05, it was so great to bouuuuunce from there head while there like wtf ! HAHAHHA. Michal make more bounce again like it was in 1.05 cos now the best I can achieve is like not very good...and I do it perfect, the jump.....ALSO MAKE ME UNBANNED !

SoldatStriker
April 14, 2003, 5:24 pm
Speaking of version 1.05, one thing I will always miss is lag boosting...

Lag boosting works like this:

You're playing a normal game in some low powered server and you hit a snag of lag that's so hard that it stops all gameplay and causes everyone to run in place. What's cool about it though is that you can still aim around the screen and shoot people, and if you use your jet, the jet fuel refills normally, even though the game has stopped momentarily. If you keep using jet in large quantities while also allowing it some time to refuel during this freeze in the game, when the server finally catches up to speed you're instantly boosted with the force of all the jet fuel you were using.

Jet lagging was one of the funner details of the game in that when you did it, your soldier shot off like a rocket, sometimes even straight into the ceiling!

Oddly enough, you could combine jet lagging with the M79 jump...giving you enough momentum to warp several screens away.

ráz0r
April 14, 2003, 7:00 pm
I notice that kinda thing in game but I allways forget when it comes to the forums :) hehe it's cool, iv'e never really tried going real far, but i remember getting a few boosts :)

sauron_the_deceiver
April 14, 2003, 8:46 pm
So that's why you fly off like buggery! I'm enlightened. I used to M79 jump too, but I can't say I did it on purpose. It was funny when you assaulted someone's base, M79ed off a Soldat, and flew over the rest of the team. Aaah the gud ol' days.

BRING THE M79 JUMP BACK! There, I said it for ya.