( search forums )
to any soldat server runner: REMOVE BAN!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
mat
April 15, 2003, 10:32 am
FOR GOD SAKE! those who know me, they know that I don't cheat... but now after this lobby ban (is removed now), I'm banned in most of the servs online. I even tryed to run my serv but nobody is joining now. so I'm a bit bored because we had some great matches around. I'm currently dealing with that stupid Access Violation Error after a few second of playing online, so I can't even play. [V]

please, if u see in your banned.txt my IP remove it.

thanx!

my ip: 193.231.188.251

[server is down until this bug is fixed somehow. sorry ppl]

(moved back to general discussions forum - DNA.styx)

DNA.styx
April 15, 2003, 10:43 am
If michal confirms this as a bug then I'm sure he'll recomend all server admins clear their ban lists.

Blitzkrieg
April 25, 2003, 3:49 am
yeah im dealing with the same thing I havent cheated at all!!!! wtf is going on while I was playing ctf on the hitsumiki server or whatever I got banned for cheating and I didnt the idiot who was running the server put on five frequencies and so the dam power ups were popping up every five sewconds so I used em so wtf remove my IP also IM REALLY PISSED OFF BY THIS CRAP HERES MY IP aw dam I cant find it will someone tell me the direct location to find your ip address on a windows xp processor

Aquillion
April 28, 2003, 1:18 pm
Blitzkrieg, you're in luck. The Gypsy Pxargorina can determine your IP address instantly at this site: [URL]

(And she can tell you your fortune from it, too.)

mr_bob
April 28, 2003, 10:38 pm
go to start and then run and type winipcfg and that will tell u it too and if u have win xp u go to dos prompt and type ip config and that will tell u it

Blitzkrieg
April 30, 2003, 12:15 am
heres my IP and thank you very much bob I am truly greatful
IP ADDRESS:192.168.2.28

enjoyincubus
April 30, 2003, 9:32 pm
There are a lot of people with dynamic IPs now....that means that it will change itself periodically. That's good because then you are unbanned on all servers.

Shadow

oranga
April 30, 2003, 9:42 pm
blitzkreig, thats a LAN IP, it wont show up in any remote internet servers

sauron_the_deceiver
April 30, 2003, 10:21 pm
Yeah, people with broadband/ADSL/Whatever you call that thing have a permenant fixed IP, due to the connection staying online all the time.

dark_skull66
May 1, 2003, 2:09 am
hmmmmmmmmm ive had a couple of problems with my server "ESO Team" (not a dedicated we are still deciding on a dedicated server runner) when ever someone i like to play with EG Fu<king Sniper|FA|
tries to join he joins the game and than he says "hi" and it says FS has left the game and my soldat banned.txt thing says i have banned him and i try to unban him and my ms dos pops up (VERY UNUSUAL) and says "Locked" michal if you get the chance to read this with your eyes i realy think you should fix thing supposed bug! its driving me nuts! lol THX FOR YOUR TIME!

wormdundee
May 1, 2003, 2:17 am
i dunno what your talking about sauron, but i have adsl and we do have a dynamic ip, it changes every month or so

Ardaen
May 2, 2003, 3:31 am
Yup, adsl cable ect. They do go down for a few seconds or minutes every month or every few months when IPs change. On some networks you often get the same IP unless you interfere with the change but thats a different story [;)]. It all depends on the lease the dhcp server gives ya [:)] (its the server that gives your computer an IP address, so dont ask [:p])

Kunal_nba
May 2, 2003, 4:52 am
Yeah, I've got a problem what this ban stuff... Yesterday I wanted to play a private game with a few friends, so I put a password in my game. I gave them The Ip and pass, but when they tryied to join, they got a message telling them that they were banned!, when I never banned them!, and I dont think they got banned of a lobby or smething cause we dont play this game with unknown people on da net, cause we ain't good players.

What I did was clearing all the IPs on my banned.txt, but then they couldnt join cause this time, they got stuck on the "requesting game" message. So finally we were trying to conect for 1 hour, but we couldnt play our game :(

I dont undderstan why, cause last week we played perfectly.

Please, fix this bug men. The game's excellent, and I'll like playing it with my friends.

Best Wishes!

.FF.nEcRoTik
May 3, 2003, 3:05 am
I have dsl and my IP changes everytime i disconnect/connect to my ISP.

dark_skull66
May 3, 2003, 8:42 am
i have T1 and my ip is required to change every 4 months cuza some LAN thingy

neil d
May 11, 2003, 6:18 pm
guys there's different kinds of ADSL and every other kind of connection. obviously you don't have the same kinds =]

but yeah i've been kicked off for cheating even though i wouldn't cheat even if i knew how to. oh well.

shimmy456
July 2, 2003, 6:57 pm
I have the same damn problem.... everytime I try to join a network game I get this access violation error and I cant play! Soldat is great but with this banning thing going on alot of hardcore fans will be banned FOR NO REASON!!!! I dont cheat and all of my friends dont either but we are getting this error and we cant play... Michael please fix this bug for all of us...

DNA.styx
July 2, 2003, 6:59 pm
shimmy456: The access violation error error has nothing to do with banning, see the bugs forum for details.

shimmy456
July 2, 2003, 7:01 pm
thnx DNA

eyic
July 3, 2003, 12:02 pm
did the ban list reset for server owners when they patched their game to 1.1.4 ?

DNA.styx
July 3, 2003, 12:16 pm
nope, unless they cleared it themselves.