( search forums )
Soldat Translation in French !
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Poly Progr@ms
April 15, 2003, 7:02 pm
Hi ! I'm a french user of Soldat. I really like it and with some friends, we are interested translating it into french.

Do you allow us to do it ? What the way to do it ?

Thanks in advance.

Poly Progr@ms
French Soldat Communauty
#soldat on irc.langochat.net

enjoyincubus
April 15, 2003, 8:24 pm
What do you mean translate it into french? All of the menu options and in game stuff? Make the soldiers look french too?[:P] I don't think you can do any of that at this time....wait for Michal to release an SDK I guess, but that probably won't be soon.....

Shadow

Poly Progr@ms
April 15, 2003, 9:39 pm
Yes, all of the menu etc... If Michal is okay I can send him all the text translated which correspond to the english version and he can do it himself...

bandicoot-fou
April 15, 2003, 9:57 pm
I'm a french player of Soldat me too and I think that a French version of Soldat will be good. If (tiens du QBasic) this game will be translated in French, then (encore du QBasic) most of French players will be interesting.

Evolution
April 16, 2003, 2:07 am
is this like a French mod where you change the whole Soldat to french?
or is it just language translation?

bandicoot-fou
April 16, 2003, 8:22 am
Just a language translation...

Poly Progr@ms
April 16, 2003, 9:14 am
I think a mod will be suffisant but, how to make a mod ? and what are the limitations ?

Tha Doggfather
April 16, 2003, 12:31 pm
Man do you guys need everything in your own language? Do you see other people from other countries wanting a mod in their own language? Answer: no, they can addept. What is the use anyway of a french version? You guys obviously know enough english to play it, I doubt if there are any other french players who want to play it, but dont know any english, what are you gonna translate anyway? Dessert Eagle, Barret, M79???

*Cartman voice* : "French people piss me of" (Atleast those with stupid ideas)

Knuckles
April 16, 2003, 2:21 pm
Or a Soldat Spanish version...

Poly Progr@ms
April 16, 2003, 3:00 pm
No, it's not necessary but, if we did only things which are, the world will be horrible.

It's more comfortable to have a french version !

If you're not interested Doggfather, so let us do and **** **. (oula je v me faire des ennemis moi mdr)

Tha Doggfather
April 16, 2003, 4:10 pm
Yeah, you're right, "if we did only things which are, the world would be horrible"... WHATEVER THAT MEANS
and also: read the forum rules: english only, if you're too retarded to say something in english, then its best to say nothing at all.

P.S. **** ** you too (yeah, i wrote some stars because i dont know how to insult people in english)

Poly Progr@ms
April 16, 2003, 9:29 pm
**** ** = shut up if you want to know...

I dunno want to have any problems with you, and I think the best for me is to play and let you in your world of war and spite (thx google translation LOL) ...

EvilLaugh
April 16, 2003, 10:38 pm
some people are such xenophobes.

anyway, if you gave michal the translation for everything, then im sure he'd implement it into the next version. Well, i dunno, its worth a try at least!

blazer
April 17, 2003, 2:07 am
why doesnt mich make a translation in every languge?

N1nj@
April 17, 2003, 3:18 am
i watn some chinese yo

Guil
April 17, 2003, 7:29 am
I'm a french canadian and I hate games translate(d ??) in french but why not? This guy is ready to give to mich the full translation of soldat. If some people don't like french version, just install the english one.

Poly Progr@ms
April 17, 2003, 8:30 am
Ah ! Thx for theses opened replies... Ok, I'm going to send by e-mail the full translation and I esper he will make the necessary ;)

Tha Doggfather
April 17, 2003, 12:17 pm
ROFL, reading these posts is so fun.

m1nt ch3w
April 17, 2003, 1:31 pm
Doggfather, your sig is wrong, he wants TV for his bunghole, not TP. What the [:-censored] is tp?!

bgrathoff
April 17, 2003, 2:25 pm
Toilet Paper

Tha Doggfather
April 17, 2003, 2:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by m1nt ch3w
Doggfather, your sig is wrong, he wants TV for his bunghole, not TP. What the [:-censored] is tp?!

TV for his bunghole?! Have you even seen the episode?! TP = toilet paper... Search for "the great cornholio" on kazaa, its the best episode ever...

EvilLaugh
April 17, 2003, 3:47 pm
: \ beavus and butthead isnt that great.....

Tha Doggfather
April 17, 2003, 4:20 pm
are you kiddin me? allong with family guy, the simpsons and futurama, its the best cartoon ever made...