( search forums )
Waypointing.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
SiK TheGreatOne
April 19, 2003, 9:50 pm
I made my own map and i was trying to waypoint it. I looked at other maps and saw that my map didn't look much different in the waypointing techniques. It seems i cant get the bots to go through the map correctly. I was wondering if someone would like to take a look at it or help me out?

mak89gt
April 19, 2003, 10:09 pm
i think you need to put the direction marks.... the proper direction to where you want the bots to go

SiK TheGreatOne
April 19, 2003, 11:25 pm
you dont think im that stupid.. unless im marking them wrong.. but u have to mark the point as what u need to get to that point. Ex: to get from point 1 to point 2 u have to put wat u need to do from point 1?

SiK TheGreatOne
April 20, 2003, 1:49 am
ok i fixed it somewhat. I needed the waypoint closer to the ground. But, i made a path 1 and a path 2. When i had path 1 byitself the red team would follow it correctly. When i added path 2 the blue bots followed path 1 and the red bots would either follow path 1 or try going to path 2. I have it set up so path 1 brings the red bots to the blue base and path 2 leads the blue bots to the red base. but it seems they dont know what path to follow. So can someone help me on this problem?

SiK TheGreatOne
April 25, 2003, 3:01 am
help me :(?

Reaver
April 25, 2003, 9:14 am
Hi !

I've been working on some pretty difficult flly-around-maps lately and had some practice in waypointing ...

I think the paths are just optional paths for the bots, it's not like team A woud follow one and team B another. I'm not sure though, someone to correct me ?

Waypointing is sure a tricky thing, I usually end up making several targets for one source-point, and hope the bot would hit one of them =) This is very useful in maps where you hope bots would fly around alot. You have to consider the effects of the groud also, if you want a bot to jump at one point he has to be solidly touching ground at that point, and so on ...

Hope this helps some ... have a good one !

SiK TheGreatOne
April 26, 2003, 7:36 pm
im working on a regular teammatch/deathmatch map but bots dont know wheter to follow path 1 or path2...