( search forums )
Installing mods
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
eyic
April 20, 2003, 10:55 am
how do I install mods do I just unzip them into the soldat folder?
I tried that it worked then how do I get back to the normal Soldat????

bgrathoff
April 20, 2003, 1:51 pm
Read the Modding FAQs.

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=1326

eyic
April 20, 2003, 2:02 pm
I tried the simpler way thing it didnt work I got the mod changer program and put ti in the Soldat Folder then I made a folder called MODS then I put a Zipped(meaning not unzipped just downloaded and put there) MOD I downloaded then I ran the program from the Soldat Folder and it say it couldnt find the file : MFC42D.DLL
Any help would be apreeciated if somone knows the reason

N1nj@
April 20, 2003, 3:48 pm
dont use htat

just replace the files

or read that FAQs

eyic
April 21, 2003, 1:17 am
I cant just replace it then how do I get back to normal soldat?

Duke33
April 21, 2003, 1:34 am
you have to reinstall it. not too har,d and all the bots and maps that you have created should stay there despite the reinstalation.

eyic
April 21, 2003, 2:27 am
yeh but it gets annoying to always change my players colour that I desire and all that =(

Duke33
April 21, 2003, 4:01 am
yeah, well, i guess that that means just dont install mods. at leas,t i've tried install mods b4, and while it was a novelty for a bit, it want all that differnet. Just a different looking un and differnet noises and colors, and that was pretty much it. NOt much point in downloading them in my opinion........

eyic
April 21, 2003, 4:11 am
okey but I found a good way now =)

this is how it goes I made a folder for the cs mod I downloaded then I installed a new Soldat there then I pasted the cs mod there and now I have the cs mod speerately than the normal Soldat
I feel so proud =)

Aunt Jemima
April 22, 2003, 6:27 pm
well, maybe i should have included that dll file...

if i have the time I will convert it to pure win32 that doesn't require any dll. I made it with mfc because I hadn't had much time and it is easier. but than again the demand is very low.. so nevermind