( search forums )
what makes a perfect server???
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
mr_bob
April 21, 2003, 2:42 am
hey youll post what youll think make a perfect server. not which is a perfect server what makes it perfect

SuperKill
April 21, 2003, 3:05 am
all weapons
NO realistic mode
NO survival
CTF with 14 sopts opend
all the maps are played, on loop.
good ping..
aaaaaaaaaand no lame ppl that call you a cheater ;D

Duke33
April 21, 2003, 3:59 am
I agree with ALL of those. Especially NO REALISTIC. sorry for ppl who like it, but thats me. Also, i love a Inf server, with all of the things above in it.
I dont like a server that has 22 or 30 ppl in it. It ruins it somehow. I like having between 8-14 ppl in a server. Also, though this is hard to regulate, i like having one or two really GOOD ppl agasint me. It makes it so that there is a challenge, a competion between us two. Needless to say, i dont like having tons of noobs saying stuff like 'whats prone' and wandering around. howeve,r when i'm in a certain mood, it is fun to beat them up, but mostly i like playing with ppl who at least played abit.

Evolution
April 21, 2003, 4:57 am
NO REALISTIC
>>>>>>AND NOOOO LAGGGG<<<<<<

and no noobs who are annoying

.FF.nEcRoTik
April 21, 2003, 5:51 am
Survival mode is kEwL when played in a DM with no more then 6 ppl :D

dark_skull66
April 21, 2003, 9:12 am
Super Kill has best pointer Outer

TheKnightoftheMare
April 21, 2003, 9:27 am
M79, below 100 ping.

SoldatStriker
April 21, 2003, 9:27 am
No bots. Ever. I hate bots. Seeing a bot makes me want to leave the server immedietly. There's no greater turn off a Soldat server Admin can make then making a server with 18+ bots. That's absolute hell. If you wanted to play with that many bots, PLAY OFFLINE. Otherwise I won't play on that server. Bots can be even worse than beginners, especially if they infinitly run into a wall.

That, and no lame ass rules that take away from the Soldat experience. I'm already shooting you with a heavy military arsenal that includes bullets of all shapes and sizes, in addition to explosives and flamethrowers, so I don't want to hear a server admin whining about anyone's cursing. EVER. The same goes for bitches who yell out "Don't kill me." in a game of +4 people. You're going to get shot. That's how the game was made to played. Any drastic variants are best left for the meek.

Lastly, I'd prefer if server admins would choose a decent name for their server. Any server admin who includes "1334, leet, noobs, newb, snipe" or any other stupid sounding, negative attention getting name will be shot. If you're server's good, then you don't need some dumbass name to get people to join.

I'll be where the bullets are.

Aquillion
April 21, 2003, 12:02 pm
All weapons, reasonably good ping, and no BS from the person who happens to be running it. And no ping kick, of course, though that's just because you can't really play for long on a server that randomly boots you during every lag spike.

Other then that I like to try different sets of rules for variety -- though I don't think realistic mode is too hot, it's sometimes nice to play it just for a change.

m1nt ch3w
April 21, 2003, 12:11 pm
Yea, I agree with Aquillion. Realistic is good just for a change.
Not too many powerups/bonus'
About 8 players - 20 is too much

SuperKill
April 21, 2003, 4:07 pm
yea no bots.. i knew i forgot something