( search forums )
Newbie, Simple Questions
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
ZeRaW_
April 23, 2003, 10:46 am
Sup,

I map alot of 3d games like quake2, quake3. Just waiting for doom3, then i found soldat and im [:-censored]ing hooked =[]

But i was messing around with the mapper and how do i make different vertex's different textures? Stupid i know but all good. Also instead of doing triangles can you change the brush type to say rectangular?

[xx(] ZeRaW

Duke33
April 24, 2003, 4:56 am
Okay, no, its only triangles. Learn to livw with it.
For textures, make a polygon, click on it and click (this is SOOOOOO hard) LOAD TEXTURE. Its at the top, just so that you know. And then, wait for it, wait for it, YOU CLICK ON ONE AND YOU GET A TEXTURE. Any way, is that what you wanted?

.FF.nEcRoTik
April 24, 2003, 5:55 am
LOL!!!

sorry i couldn't hold myself

that fuking sniper
April 24, 2003, 7:38 am
Why do you have to be so enraged in your answer, Duke?

F@NTOM
April 24, 2003, 8:05 am
quote:Originally posted by Duke33
Okay, no, its only triangles. Learn to livw with it.
For textures, make a polygon, click on it and click (this is SOOOOOO hard) LOAD TEXTURE. Its at the top, just so that you know. And then, wait for it, wait for it, YOU CLICK ON ONE AND YOU GET A TEXTURE. Any way, is that what you wanted?

calm down...jesus.

Jelly_King
April 24, 2003, 9:30 am
i agree with duke, the guy only has to play around with the editor or read the bloody help file and all his questions are answered!

give stupid people what they deserve (not neccessarily implying that you are stupid zeraw)

ZeRaW_
April 24, 2003, 10:24 am
[:-censored] off [:-censored]er,

i dont sit at this thing 24/7 no need to [:-censored]ing have a go at me? I asked the question here to get help and a [:-censored] [:-censored] like you comes in and gives a uneducated answer like that. [:-censored] off if i care. I tryed that you [:-censored]ing gimp thats why i posted in here cause i wasn't sure how to do it. For some reason i click load texture and it loads the whole [:-censored]ing map with the texture, seriously. Would someone be more than helpfull to help me out! Rather than duke speaking from his anus, thinking your so good. Dip [:-censored] [:-weepn][:-weepn][:-weepn]

SuperKill
April 24, 2003, 11:57 am
damn i so agree with ZeRaW..duke you even pissed me off.
thats not exactly the attitude that soldat players need to give to the new ones..after all, our community is not really huge..i hope u get me

ZeRaW_
April 25, 2003, 1:20 am
Yeah. Sorry about all the profanity, sorta just pissed me off when someone would react like that, seen as though this 'IS' a help forum.

Jelly_King
April 25, 2003, 2:44 am
"Good lord, that's the loudest profanity i've ever heard!"
(Ned Flanders - Da Simpsons)

:)

SiK TheGreatOne
April 25, 2003, 3:00 am
that was a good show...

Reaver
April 25, 2003, 9:29 am
ZeRaW, would some lessons on dealing with irony be in order ?

you know the term irony? Check it up on the dictionary ... =)

Don't take it so seriously, even I could tell it wasn't ment to be taken personally ...

Live in peace, shoot to kill

enjoyincubus
April 27, 2003, 9:42 pm
Well, welcome to the forums, ZeRaW....I see you have already met some of the mean people on the forums who like to piss everyone else off....don't mind them...just ignore them, and let them yell to themselves....

If you have any more questions, just ask. Remember to ignore these idiots....

Shadow

jerka
May 13, 2003, 7:32 pm
yeah... some people just are childish (is there such an word?)

BManx2000
May 13, 2003, 11:41 pm
Oh, and just so you know, you can only have one texture in the whole map. Which sucks.