You think im good at dodging bullets!?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
xx_nuclear_ice_xx
May 1, 2003, 7:27 am
Well how do you dodge bullets?! lmao
they should put shields in the next game

EvilLaugh
May 1, 2003, 9:46 am
ive ducked a sniperrifle bullet before which looked funny, but, this topic is pointless....... sorry

sauron_the_deceiver
May 1, 2003, 6:27 pm
Imagine a mod of Soldat that included bullet-time Max-Payne/The Matrix style! That would be cool

Feersum Endjinn
May 1, 2003, 7:18 pm
I have that already Sauron - it's called lag :)

dark_skull66
May 1, 2003, 8:44 pm
ive dodged some barrets b4... it was funny cuz i jumped and killed him!

SuperKill
May 1, 2003, 10:02 pm
wow dark skull..thats so "rare" ;P

enjoyincubus
May 1, 2003, 10:14 pm
I don't see how you can "dodge" a barrett shot if it is directly on you....

That's like trying to dodge lightning. You can only hope that the shot is off! Maybe the sniper shoots a little low and you are jumping, but once the shot has been fired, you have to hope he's off. :P

Shadow

SoldatStriker
May 1, 2003, 11:07 pm
As a flag capper, I'm constantly dodging bullets, but it wasn't until my first 1 on 1 with Outcast that I learned how to change my direction in mid air in order to dodge M79 shots.

Dodging bullets is easy once you learn how to do it, but inorder to get good at it you have to get well acquainted with bank rolling, slide jumping, and conserving your jets. It also helps if you've memorized the range of each weapon in the game.

Social Poison
May 1, 2003, 11:21 pm
It basically boils down to familiarity with the game and it's style. Most of the times I've ever "dodged" a barrets shot have been PURE luck. IE I had a one on one match going, I landed from up above and ducked as I hit the ground. The guy I was faceing (hidden in some shrubs) fired a shot that WOULD have hit my head had I not ducked.

Of course then I jumped up and filled him full of AUG fire.

enjoyincubus
May 1, 2003, 11:24 pm
Yeah, M79 can be dodged. But I still don't see how a barrett is dodged. I memorized it's shooting range the first time I played someone with it--it goes on FOREVER!

It takes a while to get a good strategy, but once you understand a lot of stuff, you can develop a good playing style. A lot of people thought I was good at Soldat, but until a week ago, I felt like I was 1-dimensional--grab the m79 and launch. Now I can play with barrett very well, tear it up with m79, or go with a mid-range weapon like HK. That's what helps build a good player-being able to adapt to your playing field.

Shadow

dark_skull66
May 2, 2003, 12:13 am
m79 shots arnt very hard to dodge but thats a differenmt story with outcast ;)
but dodging a barrets rifle bullet is a very rare thing. becuase u either run into it get shot while trying to dodge unless your lucky enough to have a vest "ThAnK GoD" OR ur luicky enought to use enough of your boost to get ut of the bullet just in time. then u get ur aim on ur victim!

that fuking sniper
May 2, 2003, 12:14 am
You dont doge the barret bullet AFTER its fired, you dodge it before, while, and after, just keep moving in no constant pattern to mess whith his aim, he'll fire at one direction and your chances are that you've dodged it......

wormdundee
May 2, 2003, 12:28 am
i had a bit of luck once dodging some bullets, it was on ctf_run and i had the flag with a little tiny sliver of health. some red guy was pretty close to our little base thing shooting an hk, reloading, then shooting again and so on. well anyways i was up top and i wanted to head into our base so i just jumped down and somehow with crazy luck i fell right in between his shots while he was reloading and i didnt even know he was there when i jumped, if i had gotten hit with one bullet we would have lost (did i mention it was tied 4-4?) but fortunately i made it through grabbed some health, someone returned our flag, and we won!!! woohoo :D

the booker man
May 3, 2003, 4:14 am
I've dodged a ruger bullet before \m/ [8D] \m/

eyic
May 3, 2003, 6:12 am
quote:Originally posted by enjoyincubus

A lot of people thought I was good at Soldat,
Shadow

Hey shadow you are good.... I remember versing you, you truley whipped my ass, i couldnt stand a chance, you were like owning me,
and i just killed you atleast once or twice and you killed me more than 20 times [:-weepn]

wormdundee
May 3, 2003, 6:17 am
hey, i wanna play shadow, see how good he is and of course try to kick his ass

eyic
May 3, 2003, 6:31 am
he's the only guy in Soldat I couldnt kill atleast 10 times, he truly owns :D

Im not the guy who likes to own :) I like to be all happy me, and avoid fights, yay!
and shadow claimed that im the only one that admitted that hes better, woohooo

xx_nuclear_ice_xx
May 3, 2003, 7:51 am
Snap guess you havnt played me im like the sleeping king i can play with my toes and do a head stand and still win! buashaaa/! but any ways i think im an above average player dont you guys agree!?!

dark_skull66
May 3, 2003, 8:39 am
yes and "WOW A COMMMENT THX!"
and oi can beat that! ILL PLAY WITH MY HEAD UP MY Ass! BWAHAHAHA!

sqweek
May 3, 2003, 9:38 pm
*rofl@dark_skull66*

sanity
May 4, 2003, 2:33 pm
i use that_fuking_sniper's strategy. sometimes tho if jump as i hear a barret shot i can dodge it. this is why listening closely to sfx is a good idea.

sauron_the_deceiver
May 4, 2003, 8:35 pm
Dodging is hard. Most of the time I don't do it, I don't have the reflex yet, but odd times I can dodge M79, Spas12 and VERY rarely Barret shots, by ducking behind raised polygons in the landscape. I think I once managed to virtually dodge a payload of fire from a Minigun just by flying wonky in the air :D

xx_nuclear_ice_xx
May 8, 2003, 9:04 pm
lol flying wonkey! hahah yes the messed up polygons are helpful sometimes i must agree

sauron_the_deceiver
May 12, 2003, 10:13 pm
flying wonky = HARD

xx_nuclear_ice_xx
May 20, 2003, 5:47 am
= hard in what way you mean?

sauron_the_deceiver
May 21, 2003, 7:39 pm
Meaning getting the right balance of Jet and turning. I can't explain it, you have to learn yourself.

Soul Reaver
May 23, 2003, 4:15 am
ok... someone has A LOT of time to come up with dodging bullets, or youve seen the matrix a few too many times