( search forums )
Guns, guns, guns.. i need advices.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
Alucard
May 1, 2003, 9:13 am
Can you do your own guns to the game? Like, single pistol, like USSOCOM, but it's stronger or something? (this may be noob question, but i am :)

Ta-2
May 1, 2003, 9:47 am
Well if you manage to make pistol more powerful you are a hacker.
I mean no you cant edit the weapons like that.

Alucard
May 1, 2003, 10:04 am
I think you didn't get the point. I meant, if i can do own guns, ex. Nailgun, it doesn't have to be strong, but atleast it's my own gun.

Abortion
May 4, 2003, 11:57 am
You can change the graphics of the gun ... you can't change the name of the gun in the menu

N1nj@
May 5, 2003, 3:12 am
you cant mkae your gun stronger too, that would be eidintg the game

enjoyincubus
May 6, 2003, 2:38 am
Yeah, it doesn't matter if you make it stronger or weaker, you are still hacking the game, and trust me, you can't do it! :P

All you can change is a gun's look.....

Shadow

wormdundee
May 6, 2003, 3:38 am
and the look of almost everything else in the game

Alucard
May 19, 2003, 7:21 pm
Can I then put a cape or hood or something on to my soldier? Ya know, like... changing clothes, that it is, changing clothes... can I?

b00stA
May 19, 2003, 7:27 pm
Yes, you can do that but it probably will look ridiculous and you'd be the only one who would see it.

N1nj@
May 21, 2003, 1:47 am
you could do this by editing the gostek-gfx folder

more details here at this link

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=1330

Guil
May 28, 2003, 4:20 am
So, if I understand well, if I want to create a missile launcher, I have to select a gun like the barret, change the look of this gun, the explosion and the bullets and keep the same name (barret1,barret2,etc) but there is no way I can change the power of the weapon 'cause this is considered like hacking?

eyic
May 28, 2003, 9:00 am
yes thats true, man im as young as you (probably) and i know whats hackign and what isnt :/

Guil
May 28, 2003, 6:26 pm
I know what hacking mean, but I don't considered than change weapons power (something like rocket launcher, not for playing online with a 30 shots nades launcher with a reload time of 0.5 sec or whatever) is hacking. Quake 3 is the best example I can give you. In Quake 3, you can do what you want and you're not considered like a hacker. Anyway, I know than some jackass come online with overpowered weapons and if the only way to stop them is to prevent the weapons mod, I respect that choice.

P.S. For your information, I only have 21 years old :)

Edge
May 29, 2003, 11:00 pm
In my opinion, like it matters to anyone but myself ;), is that "hacking" can be considered changing anything in a game. Anything, images, files, sounds. But there's the good, mod-hacking(like in Quake and Half-Life), the bad(unlimited life, unstoppable weapons, etc.) and the mediocre, which is just imaging or music.

-the-matrix-neo
May 31, 2003, 2:21 pm
You can change the weapons,but that isnt legal and its 1 very hard thing.editing the graphics is possible.

N1nj@
June 4, 2003, 11:46 pm
not really, edit it with paint..thats waht i do