( search forums )
IMO - 1.1x
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Ardaen
May 2, 2003, 3:22 am
Hey all!

Warning Rant Ahead

I've been playing the new versions a bit now that they are more stable and dont give me global bans (list server) every 3 seconds.

The game is really great now but I must say:
[RANT]
Minigunners are the worst players in the game. I hate them with a passion now. In 1.05b hating minigunners was more of a joke, they could be annoying but where never quite so bad (atleast where I played [;)])... that was then... I just played a game, soo many minigunners. I hate them, I wish I could kick minigunners off my team in CTF. They are annoying, they dont even try to aim or play well. They sit and hold the button down or try to fly and get the flag really fast. They fire across the spawn/flag area trying to hit someone through thier own team, they instead throw the flag at that person. They shoot at people on the other side of you, throwing you around and ruining your aim. They are worse then shotgunners! Atleast the shotgun allows for people to become skillful even if it does get abused. The minigun just gets in the way, lags everything and ruins the game.
[/RANT]

Despite the annoying minigunners I've run into another thing I find strange. It seems many of the servers I goto like to ban M79. I asked about this and was told that it is a cheap weapon. From what I've observed so far it is no more cheap than the barret, infact they seem to be reasonably ballanced those two weapons. But Barrets dont get banned? For that matter these people allow miniguns?!? Whats up? has everyone gone insane? [xx(] Have I just been playing against newbies?

Anyway, just saying 'hi' [:P]

mr_bob
May 2, 2003, 3:32 am
i would say yes u have been cuz i hate miniguns i always disable them especially if i play on veit ctf map but mostly on my ctf games i dont really remember which map but they go outside the map and i dont know why they do it its stupid but i know what u mean i used to ban the m79 till i figured out that its the same as the berret and now all i disable is the miniguns

but i agree with u that these people are stupid and pointless all their kills are luck well thats how i feel

that fuking sniper
May 2, 2003, 3:49 am
Yeah, the M79 is getting rarer as the idiocy of server admins continues, people say things about certain guns, (that came to be the M79 because they cant use it or get pissed because the other person can and they cant), are cheap and call them n00b weapons or whatever.

Evolution
May 2, 2003, 5:31 am
miniguns are good but nowadays people rant about
M79s and Barrets - especially noobs -

mak89gt
May 2, 2003, 2:25 pm
i agree, they think they know all about the gameonly some of them tho, like crooklyn and idf clans

sauron_the_deceiver
May 2, 2003, 7:01 pm
I think people hating certain weapons is really sad. You should hate the people who abuse them! Miniguns = Normally, they are fine. If a n00b gets hold of one, then they piss the game up.

enjoyincubus
May 2, 2003, 8:26 pm
M79 has lost its popularity, without a doubt. Even I, one of the few people who used the M79 and ONLY the M79, have moved on to try other weapons. I really like the Barrett now, but they both are very good weapons. Spas and Minigunners that are trying to be serious are really a disgrace to Soldat. MY SUGGESTION: Look for a good server, like a 2WAI ctf game that is inhabited by only 6 people, or my own server, which has about 6 different Remote Admins.

Shadow

SuperKill
May 2, 2003, 9:03 pm
Sbal from 2wai is a really good spas player

F@NTOM
May 2, 2003, 10:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ardaen
<cut>

So your problem Is?????

Ardaen
May 2, 2003, 11:05 pm
LOL, I was just commenting F@NTOM. My problem is always as it has been, some people play the game some people abuse it. One of the reasons I tried to build the anticheat way back when [;)] same problem but to a lesser extent.

sanity
May 3, 2003, 2:26 am
i think used in the right hands the mini can become a skilled weapon...

its just people who dont know how to use it that piss everyone off

...not that i use it newayz. lol [:P]

SBaL
May 3, 2003, 12:29 pm
- about spas:
thnx superkill :) but I don't use spas anymore because I get kickbanned if I do.
but you can aim the spas really well, and is in no way as annoying as the minigun just spamming bullets on yer screen.

- about the miniguns :
they're good for a laugh if u use them in DM, but they are truly just annoying in CTF. luckily no1 uses it in a proper clan match.

- about the m79:
I truly respect the good m79 players out there, I myself am not too good with it, but I always laugh my ass off if my gibs are flying all over the place.

- things i hate:
sorry to say it, but yes, n00bs. off course, we all were n00bs one day, but I can still eat my hat (/takeoff) if your team"mate" keeps "defending" the base with his brand new barrett, while enemy flag is still at base, and the friendly flag has just left the building.

sqweek
May 3, 2003, 10:21 pm
Man. I've seen some (ok, one) people with mad minigun skills. Darn he was hardcore. Reminded me of the old days of cheater spammed M79/Barret shots ;)

Anyways, I don't think the noob "problem" is significant. If you think their tactics suck, suggest to them (politely! ;) ) that another course of action might be better. If they continue with "crappy tactics" (and without justifying them), they aren't noobs they are just [:-censored]heads :p
Your scenario is defensible, I think. It pays to have someone back defending so that when your flag gets returned/captured it isn't instantly retaken. Of course, this depends on how many people are playing and various other factors, but that is where communication comes in.
Anyways, what I am saying is a message that goes for all life, not just soldat. Instead of sitting there getting pissed off at someone for their actions, and lashing out at them, try talking to them about it first ;)

Ardaen
May 4, 2003, 10:09 pm
Soo I'm supposta talk to 1000 people a week about how they shouldn't be stupid? Even though 90% of them wont listen?

Oh well, I just need to time when I go online. At the right times the population decreases to those who are there to play the game. With fewer of those who are just there to win (even though many of them dont have a hope at winning.)

that fuking sniper
May 4, 2003, 10:14 pm
Just tell them in a sencible way that if their flag is not in their base, and they are on defence, it would be wise to go and get it back for a change......because, you know, defence is defending the flag, isnt it pointless not to persue the carrier and just camp at the base?

sqweek
May 10, 2003, 1:14 am
What I'm saying is they have to know that they are being stupid (at least from your point of view) before they can stop being such.
I realise not everyone will listen - I was referring to 'noobs' (as in, those new or lacking experience/skill/strategy) not retards (as in, the kind who are intentionally annoying. You know, like those guys that join red and are like 'w0ah! blu3 i'm like007 s3c3rt agent 4 u!') ;)