( search forums )
CHEATING IN SOLDAT AGAIN!!!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
MeshBlorg
May 4, 2003, 6:30 am
Yes cheating is back [:(!]

I saw a guy doing it in ctf_run. He was flying around with blues flag for like 10+ minutes not taking even a scratch(invincibility cheat). I tried to vote kick him but no one payed attention to chat or bothered. He said he wanst cheating but he was. It was obvious.

I hope Michal knows about this.

NightCabbage
May 4, 2003, 7:04 am
"proof! we need proof!" cried the jury...

TheKnightoftheMare
May 4, 2003, 7:18 am
matrix cap?

Vash
May 4, 2003, 8:06 am
I've been accused of doing something like that too, many times, but the truth is, I don't have the faintest clue on where to start on creating a hack such as that. And I wouldn't look for one, either. It just proves how much you actually suck.

JayBDey
May 4, 2003, 8:24 am
I was playing today, and someguy was fly around the map for a long time, longer than the jet boots would last for. Maybe cheaters have figured the new version out?

SuperKill
May 4, 2003, 10:20 am
bah..cheaters = no....
sometime the jetpack ammount multiplies when u respawn.
and that "invincible" cheater is prolly only lag... ;\

that fuking sniper
May 4, 2003, 11:02 am
1. There were never invincibility cheats even in 1.5b.

2. You think he had an invincibility cheat, think this way: lag.

3. There are no cheats since 1.1.0 came out, GET IT IN YOUR HEADS PEOPLE! the goddamn anti-cheat even bans people who dont cheat, so would it spare people who do?

N1nj@
May 4, 2003, 3:29 pm
well...FS, you cant say there are completely NO cheats

SuperKill
May 4, 2003, 3:58 pm
what are u saying..that some of u guys have cheats and ur using it secretly ?
^ ;P
| jk

enjoyincubus
May 4, 2003, 4:58 pm
There ARE still cheats, but they aren't the same types of things as what people used in 1.05....

Now people use edited versions of the barrett (look around the forums for a topic on that:P)...but there are little things they do to give them a little advantage.

Have you noticed that at the beginning of a map, for the first 5 seconds, there is no limit on your jet pack? That means you can fly out of some levels!

There were health hacks in 1.05...I don't know how they worked, but it sounds like its close to invincibility...lag now is the best source of invincibility...

Shadow

N1nj@
May 4, 2003, 7:37 pm
ya...you could also make your soldat player bigger by editing the gostek folder, so you can see where eeveryone is

sauron_the_deceiver
May 4, 2003, 8:28 pm
The jet thing.... skilled players can make it last for ages. There is a way of combining it with normal falling to stay in the air for a long time.

Ardaen
May 4, 2003, 10:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKill
what are u saying..that some of u guys have cheats and ur using it secretly ?
Except for the secret and using parts.... well I've posted bits about that befor, and told michal. Guess he isnt worried [:)]

that fuking sniper
May 4, 2003, 10:26 pm
Hmm, there were never health/invincibility cheats as I saw, eny cheater could be killed by a skilled player, in every game that had cheaters someone would at least kill him once or twice......

And that laser sight, people can use it for all I care, I despise it, but if they dont want to develope skills, let them, in the end they will know that they have no talent and they owe it all to that laser sight, then they wont do whithout it........

Knuckles
May 4, 2003, 10:27 pm
I've seen red guy kill others red guys in no friendly fire game or blue guy pick the objetive in a Infiltration.

that fuking sniper
May 4, 2003, 10:32 pm
I was once playing CTF whith a couple of budds, then one of them switched teams, but on my screen he still appeared on my team, same colour ,there was no FF on, but he could kill me, and F1 screen still showed that he was in my team, it was all caused by lag, I then rejoined the game and it was fixed, lag can be very wierd at times.......

Evolution
May 5, 2003, 1:32 am
LOL :)

man, you need more proof about this before you fully determine
it IS a cheat.

and yes, ive seen it ,i think its lag

mr_bob
May 5, 2003, 1:39 am
it is lag cuz that flying thing happens to me all the time and lag causes alot of things that people think are cheaters

enjoyincubus
May 5, 2003, 1:46 am
The most basic reaction for someone in Soldat is "YOU STUPID HAXOR! KICK HIM!" I believe that it is getting old....lag can do a LOT of wierd things. Just be thankful that a lot of the bugs in 1.05 are gone. There were a lot of lag bugs that affected the outcome of games.

I did see some health hacks for 1.05 or 1.04.....I never used them, though, as I had no idea what to do with them....

Shadow

Evolution
May 5, 2003, 2:13 am
lag.

the worst nightmare of Soldat.
destroys your games.
and it REALLY sucks.

N1nj@
May 5, 2003, 2:52 am
lag could do a LOT of things man, and it sucks

Evolution
May 5, 2003, 3:41 am
yup,

more then i said.
it could make people ban you everytime just because
they think you are cheating but it actually is lag

m1nt ch3w
May 5, 2003, 8:21 am
ok evo, we get the point

Ardaen
May 5, 2003, 11:34 pm
Most of the 'invincibility' cheats for 1.05b where not. They would do things like make your health bar look full when it wasnt. You still died [:)]

I have yet to see any real big or flashy cheats in the new version... well... as big and flashy as in 1.05b atleast... Ahh those where the days [;)] being able to control other people, make everything explode... teleport from flag to flag instantly... God I hated games that where unbalanced (a few cheating a few not) soo lame.

xav
May 6, 2003, 11:26 pm

I use grenades from cartoon mod to see them easy.
Is this cheat?

Ardaen
May 6, 2003, 11:48 pm
I dont mind people up to tripling the size of grenades, thats a bit different than the laser sight. Yes it gives you an advantage but so does a bigger screen. If your like me and sometimes play the game in window mode instead of fullscreen on a 1600x1200 resolution desktop, you cannot see grenades... Although I myself havent used big grenades since 1.05b [:)]

that fuking sniper
May 7, 2003, 12:01 am
Hmmm, I also remember people being neutral in CTF games and holding both flags at the same time, practicly stopping the game till someone kills them, but normally they also had a barret sprayer, so it was quite hard to even get close.....

Also chaters overly abused the ctf viet map, each base had its area, and M79 sprayers would hover above a base and just spray around.......

blazer
May 7, 2003, 2:31 am
yo ppl want to know what most cheats r they r buggs the cheaters found that could help like in lagrange on the first spawn u can fly for a few minutes sometimes its nuggs i tell u buggs

that fuking sniper
May 7, 2003, 3:04 am
What?

enjoyincubus
May 7, 2003, 3:12 am
Yeah....what was that whole thing about? Are you just repeating what I said on the last page? Go look back at what I said and see if what you tried to say was the same thing....

I'm not 100% sure what the hell you meant, but that's what I got from it...

Shadow

EvilLaugh
May 8, 2003, 5:12 am
Heh, shockingly, ive been accused of cheating a few times (things have changed due to the fact i now have ADSL :) ) but you have to remember HPB'S this game lags as well and the only way you can kill people is to SHOOT AHEAD. Ive shoot about 20 spas bullets before into one person with the flag and me not hit anything but i dont accuse him of cheating, i just accuse him of lag.
If its such a problem, host your own god damn server with a ping cap. YOu'll be happy then

SuperKill
May 8, 2003, 12:54 pm
ooooooooooooooooooo i smell 1.1.4 coming
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

CbbLe
May 8, 2003, 1:13 pm
its not hard keeping yourself in the air for a long time...+ maybe he got out of your sight, landed and then flew back up again with refreshed jetpack?

MeshBlorg
May 10, 2003, 2:17 am
How am I suppossed to prove it, I Played for 5 min with my friend and several other players. The guy didn't cap the blue flag he was holding. HE WAS BRAVELY FLYING AROUND WITH THE BARRET AROUND OUR BASE NOT TAKING A SCRATCH OF DAMAGE EVERY TIME WE RELOAD AND FIRE. It wasn't lag, I tested him several times. I shot him with m79 when he stopped to type and he didnt even turn red. He then shot me with barret dead.

He was cheating with some kind of invincibility cheat. I am not a noob. I know what lag is. I know why some people don't die when I shoot them. But this guy wasn't dying at all, not once! He was hanging around our base with our flag using the barret.

There is a cheat.

MeshBlorg
May 10, 2003, 2:18 am
I meant 10 + minutes. sorry about that

blazer
May 10, 2003, 3:00 am
hmm i met this guy he is a cheater forgot his name tho

that fuking sniper
May 10, 2003, 3:00 am
M79 also has the tendency to not kill people even if it blew into them, there are no cheats, not everything that happens and seems unusual is a cheat...

Psilocybin
May 10, 2003, 6:10 am
i kno fukin sniper but come on that does sound crazy... me ive never seen a cheater just laggers.. or maybe its me laggin lol