( search forums )
Saturday Night 1.05 Soldat!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Oldies Soldat - v1.05b (closed)
enjoyincubus
May 4, 2003, 4:51 pm
Hey all,

I'm going to start a little system....every saturday night, I'll host a 1.05 server. Though there is no lobby server, you can still play. I can't believe some people thought you couldn't play it anymore....

Anyway, if you are interested, you can contact me on MSN or AIM....Look in my profile for my MSN stuff, as well as my AIM stuff...

My server IP is 68.1.50.101 with the default port.

I'll try to host from 5:00 PM EST to 10:00 PM EST....

It'd be cool if more people would host games....I wish I could make everyone that just got Soldat download the old version...

LINKS TO DOWNLOAD 1.05b:
[URL] (rar)
[URL] (zip)

Shadow

SuperKill
May 4, 2003, 5:02 pm
dude...
forget about 1.0.5.....its over (coming from a big fan of 1.0.5)

enjoyincubus
May 4, 2003, 6:48 pm
Well, tell that to the other 4 people who were playing with me last night....

Emoac, Wormundee, Cyclone, and Hanz....

It may be over, but it's still fun, so just leave us be. :P

Shadow

Evolution
May 5, 2003, 7:29 am
LOL :)
i would play but my internet sucks :(

that fuking sniper
May 5, 2003, 7:37 am
I'd be up to it, if I get my crappy comp to work by then I'm there.....

NightCabbage
May 5, 2003, 9:04 am
oky day! why not! :)

NightCabbage@hotmail.com

and I have MSN

i have an adsl connection now but i still live in tas so i might be an alright server i dont know i havent tried yet wow this sentence is getting really really long maybe i should use some punctuation before my head explodes.

sanity
May 5, 2003, 5:27 pm
Shadow... let me just say you are a [:-censored]ing legend... ill be there mate. [:)]

Evo: you think your internet sucks? i get 400+ pings on soldat 1.1* and im certain 1.05b will be ALOT better (ie. playable), at least try it!

and to SK: 1.05b will never die while im around. [:P]

ThaD
May 5, 2003, 6:41 pm
cool...but wtf is EST? GMT please :)

oh and can I just join the server or do I have to contact you by one of these messengeres?

enjoyincubus
May 5, 2003, 8:40 pm
EST is Eastern Standard Time....you know us Americans, so ignorant and all....we always think everyone knows what we are talking about! :P

Anywho, it's pretty cool that people are actually listening to me now....Usually I post something and then I get one or two replies....this is cool! ;)

ThaD, feel free to drop in at any time....I don't mind! I just want people to play and have fun!

I'll probably put the limit for people on 10-12, and it almost looks like there will be a line! :P I've talked to other people, and the competition should be good....hope my server's up to the challenge of delivering low pings! :)

Dang man....I just looked up GMT time...5:00 EST=11:00 GMT....that's late for me, but I don't know about you...at least it'll be on a Saturday!

Shadow

-----
EDIT
-----
Oof, forgot to say that my bud Crazed Brit is back, and he'll probably be there on Saturday! I hope that these games can revive a little interest in 1.05b, even though we *should* be more interested in 1.1....

Btw, CTF sound ok? How about ctf_kampf the whole time? :P

mat
May 5, 2003, 9:21 pm
muwahhhaahaa...

saturday night? get a life! (j/k)

anyway, I don't know what hour is that at me, (i think 5pm is 1am here, correct me if i'm wrong) but... anyway, i leave u my details on pm and if u need one more player and I'm avaible, i'll be there :D even with 1200 ping... just for the old times sake

enjoyincubus
May 6, 2003, 2:46 am
A list of everyone that could drop in at the moment:

{GSS} Emoac
{GSS} Shadow)
{GSS} Cyclone
{GSS} Crazed Brit
{ESO} Wormdundee
{MOMA} Hanz
|FA| fuking sniper
Nightcabbage
Sanity
ThaD
Evolution
Mat

That's 12 people, and counting....sounds like fun!

Ctf_kampf has been waiting for you!

Shadow

that fuking sniper
May 6, 2003, 3:06 am
Yeah, but dont make it just kampf, put some ctf_death in it too!

ThaD, you have to contact shadow to get the server IP. because the lobby doesnt work for 1.5b enymore, P.S, enyone knows where I can get 1.5b from?!

enjoyincubus
May 6, 2003, 3:35 am
Hey, look at my top post. I have two links there for Soldat 1.05b....one is rar, one is zip...choose whichever you want!

I also have my IP in my top post, or you can add me to MSN and talk to me on there to get it if you want.

Yeah, I know....I'll add more than just ctf_kampf...maybe 3 hours of ctf with 4 diff maps (anything but ctf_run) and 2 DM hours....

Shadow

wormdundee
May 6, 2003, 3:37 am
FS, look in shadows post, it tells you everything you need to know there, btw, its wormdundee! not wormundee :D i think i may be able to get the other shadow and carl to come, for me and shadow the time you got is perfect (2:00 p.m. PST) hehe, we only live around 30 km away from each other, i could go to his house if i wanted to, (i will stalk him...) anyways, i sure as hell am gonna be there on Saturday! this sounds kickass

NightCabbage
May 6, 2003, 4:30 am
hehehehe :)

good good :)

ok, to get the times right, use the +/- GMT time thingo

eg, get into the windows clock/date/time thing and see what your set to

post your time

I'm +10 Hobart

wormdundee
May 6, 2003, 5:00 am
yep, i happen to be (-8:00) Pacific Standard Time (US&Canada), Tijuana, haha, i got the whole thing down, anyone from Tijuana in here?

ThaD
May 6, 2003, 10:31 am
great, thx.

so 5:00 EST=11:00 GMT=12:00 Warsaw time... omg i'm gonna miss some party, oh well nevermind :)

Mossy
May 6, 2003, 11:43 pm
When I get the chance I'll drop in!

I'm so glad someone started a server! - Maybe we could influence the fast servers for the new versions to host a dedicated 1.05 too! - that would be awsome!

-Well add me to the list! I'll try whenever possible!

(I wish the international GMT time thingy would be more known cause I'm sick of explaining to ppl that sort of thing :/ - at least this one is already settled.)

that fuking sniper
May 6, 2003, 11:56 pm
Hey, what connection do you have, Shadow?

SuperKill
May 7, 2003, 12:16 am
he has good servers

enjoyincubus
May 7, 2003, 2:01 am
I have what the call cable, but it's closer to T1 than cable....you've played on it before..it's pretty good as far as I can see! I'll be hosting from my dad's pc, so I can play too. Hopefully someone else will host another game next week. It would be cool if we could somewhat revive it for a while. I'm not trying to boycott 1.1 in any way, but I just really like 1.05 a LOT.

Anyway,

THIS IS MY 500TH POST! I THINK SUPERKILL AND I BOTH HIT THE BIG 5-0-0 TODAY! HAPPY COLONEL DAY TO US BOTH! :)))

Shadow

that fuking sniper
May 7, 2003, 2:35 am
Grrr I'm a lowly 216.......bah I dont give a damn, lol......

Mossy
May 7, 2003, 3:12 am
SuperKill, Enjoy: Congrats! - I welcome you to my rank status, I believe we will be seeing alot of eachother in the strategy center then! (LOL :P

NightCabbage
May 7, 2003, 4:45 am
haha, I have crap all posts, but I really dont care how many posts I have made, I have better things to do than spam just for the sake of getting an extra post :)

damn...

lol

Mossy
May 7, 2003, 11:17 pm
Why is that whenever we talk about posts and rank that someone comes along with 100-200 posts and says 'SPAM'. I'm sick of being accused of this!

CAUSE I DON'T SPAM!!!

NightCabbage
May 8, 2003, 3:13 am
haha, as if that's what I was saying Mossy :) lol

I was more talking about...coughevocough
hehehehe

lol!! j/k :P

sanity
May 8, 2003, 5:22 am
nc evo IS a spammer. dont say j/k when you arent joking... its impolite. lol

NightCabbage
May 8, 2003, 6:39 am
hahahaha

:P

oh, and btw Sanity:

you know "saturday Night Soldat"? :)

"its actually Sunday Morning Soldat" for us...
hehe

10:00 AM Sunday Morning

Outcast
May 8, 2003, 9:41 am
Ill be there i guess, but am playing steyr or else am gonna screw up my aim in 1.1.x RARRRRR.... [:devil] ... that's like 4/5 AM for me...so am just gonna drop there of the party lol

sanity
May 9, 2003, 5:55 am
damm man imma be hungover from saturday night lol

ohh wells...

enjoyincubus
May 10, 2003, 6:40 pm
Good news everyone...

I'm going to the store in just a little while, and I am going to get 256 MB RAM for my PC...that'll boost me up to 512MB RAM, which should help European and Australian pings by up to 100....erm....pingers!

Shadow

ThaD
May 10, 2003, 7:44 pm
haha it sounds like you were buying bread [:P]

wormdundee
May 10, 2003, 8:36 pm
Hot cross RAM, hot cross RAM, 215 a billion pennies, 520 a jillion pennies, hot cross RAM!!! (sing to the tune of "Hot Cross Buns" you've got to remember that song!) yup, its bread all right

machine
May 26, 2003, 1:40 am
Yeahssir. I'll come in and play yer game. I'm downloading it now. see if its good. I registered 1.1.whatever

enjoyincubus
May 29, 2003, 9:01 pm
Well, sorry everyone, but I see no reason in keeping this going. I don't have interest in 1.05 any more, b/c every time I play it, I come back to 1.1 and screw up badly. Besides, it was a big failure IMO, and I forget to host some weeks...:P

Shadow

¥Vive La Resistance¥
May 29, 2003, 10:06 pm
NOOOOOOooooooooooo! I just seen this thread and got excited cos my mate cant seem to download vers 1.1 but has 1.05(any help with that would be much appreciated). So i thot me and him could come on and that sunuva would feel the wrong end of my mp5. AND NOW MY DREAMS ARE QUASHED! AGAIN! CRUEL WORLD! Is there any chance someone else could set up a 1.05 server just for a night or so? Id set one up but my conns crap(56k) I'm sure theres a few loyal 1.05ers whod be happy to join in. Any takers?

swbat55
June 14, 2003, 6:07 am
umm hey its [THE] secret here i jsut wanted to kno wahts so good about 1.0.5?

xXShavoXx
June 14, 2003, 6:12 am
Everything. The gameplay is faster. The netcode is better. The bugs are fewer. The game is FAR more balanced. And to top it all off, it actually takes skill to get good at 1.05b. The advantages are endless. 1.1.x does have nicer graphics though... *sighs*

enjoyincubus
June 14, 2003, 2:50 pm
I'm stuck in a bind here: Should I stay in 1.1.4 or should I go back to the bare hills of 1.05b. I have been dreaming of returning for quite a while. But I don't know yet...if there was a lobby for it, there is no doubt in my mind where I would go...

Btw, Emoac, change your siggy. Remember, we're dead now. ;)

And if I do go back to 1.05b, there will be 20 more coming with me, right? Because Dutch keeps calling me a "slap jawed faggot", and Dutch keeps coming on to me with this "you're a funny guy, i like you" stuff...:P

Enjoy

that fuking sniper
June 14, 2003, 8:36 pm
If you want both, do both, you dont have to limit yourself to one version, play the version you like at the time you feel like playing it, problem solved :)

enjoyincubus
June 15, 2003, 2:55 am
Yeah...except for I use the m79...it is pointless to go from one to the other and expect my aim to stay on...one gun shoots straight sniper explosives; the other throws explosive rocks. ;)

Enjoy

IamGod
June 15, 2003, 3:05 am
This has nothin t do with the topic at hand but does anyone know where to get the soldat paintball mod?? i swear i cant find it anywhere, i know it is real though.

IamGod
June 15, 2003, 3:06 am
Where can I find the soldat paintball mod?