( search forums )
NEW MOD!! Clown Water Fight!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Starscream66
May 11, 2003, 5:38 am
I've been working on this mod for a month now and I finally finished it.

I decided to make this mod in response to a suggestion made a while ago for a less violent version or a clean mode because some younger players were catching hell from parents and teachers and the like because of the guns, the gore, and some of the sound effects.

So here it is... Clowns... With water guns and water balloons.

It's actually pretty hilarious when your playing. Especially the sound effects.

There is a readme file in the .zip that will explain the install and character setup.

here are some screenies:
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] screen1.jpg79.89 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] screen2.jpg63.9 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] screen3.jpg48.92 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] screen4.jpg65.57 KB

I have also included an updated version of my map, Bulletproof.
Basically the same, just with a better background and texture.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] screen.jpg118.99 KB

The mod is here: www.ikyfa.com/ClownWaterFight.zip

Hope ya like it, and feel free to post all your suggestions so I can fill in the gaps.

Ta-2
May 11, 2003, 6:40 am
Hehe nice but it aint my style :)

PuMa
May 11, 2003, 12:22 pm
LOL good work :P

Evolution
May 11, 2003, 4:42 pm
LOL :)

its pretty funny!!!
good work on the players!

dark_skull66
May 12, 2003, 6:03 am
gj i like the explosion effecvts they look like Nitro Blowing up! gj but as tatoo said iz not mai style either! but gj!

Starscream66
May 12, 2003, 6:53 am
It's actualy is supposed to be water splashing but I was too lazy to redo them so I just changed the color.

liquidis x snake
May 12, 2003, 2:28 pm
Haha great mod. I don't think I'll actually replace Soldat with it... I might Install it into C:\ClownSoldat. But yeah, this mod is hilarious. Great work.

Starscream66
May 15, 2003, 12:11 am
Thanx much everyone.

Nice to see there are some people left on the forum who don't immediatly shred others hard work just to be destructive.

wormdundee
May 15, 2003, 1:45 am
hey yeh, looks nice, but since i happen to enjoy blood and gore, i'll stick with normal soldat, but anyways, great job!

You
May 15, 2003, 1:49 am
I think it looks awesome and It is great that you did it, but its not my style. Great job!

Starscream66
May 16, 2003, 12:53 am
I think it's kinda funny how when the topic of a "clean version" was brought up, everyone thought it was a great idea. But now, it's not anyones style.

Not that I thought it should be anyones style, I happen to like the amount of gore in Soldat. Thats why I tried to at least make it funny.

But at least I can take solice in the fact that it's being recieved as good work.

xav
May 16, 2003, 1:15 am
I don't like gore.
An option to disable would be fine for me.

Great mod. But only one thing. It's cruel when somebody kills you and you hear a laugh...

Starscream66
May 16, 2003, 1:37 am
It's not meant to be cruel, I just felt it was better than a blood curdling scream for the type of mod I was making.

It's supposed to be kind of an demented evil clown laugh thing. Same with the circus music when you pick up bonuses.(flamer, berserker, predetor)

BManx2000
May 16, 2003, 2:15 am
I think when the ppl write "it's not my style" I think they are referring to the fact that clowns throwing water balloons as a "clean mod" is rather... strange. But then again, how else would you remove all the gore and whatnot? Hmm, maybe a rubber bullet mod? Hmm... *goes off babbling to self*

PuMa
May 16, 2003, 11:30 am
Hmm.... Well... I'd say water guns would make more sense... until i remembered my mod- w8 a second- technically there is no blood and gore.... just lots and lots of paint! ;)

Starscream66
May 17, 2003, 1:09 am
Havn't actually seen your mod yet, PuMa.

I've been kinda busy with my mod, and some other stuff latley.

Gonna have to check it out.

HEY!...

I just realized that no one has commented on my map yet. It was included in the .zip with the mod.

Let me know what you thought of it as well.

Abortion
May 27, 2003, 11:37 am
Very nice mod'ing ... good job indeedy

DJmute
June 25, 2003, 1:45 am
nice lookin mod and map 2

-transformers 4 life!

Misse91
June 27, 2003, 11:06 pm
i like the map[:D], but the mod it isn't my style...[:-ashamed]

[?]Can you put the map in to the forum

So i can download it [?]

[:-bigmouth]I need that map[:-bigeyes][:-bigeyes2][:-bigmouth]

Starscream66
June 28, 2003, 6:01 pm
The map comes with the Mod, so just download the mod, take the map, and toss the rest.

eyic
July 4, 2003, 1:42 pm
nice mod and map, hey do u know any really good army good looking mod I can download? I been lookign for new looks for m ySoldat but nothing seems to work with me :( (remember i mnot registered to Sodlat)