( search forums )
Snappy's Inf. Server
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
giff
May 21, 2003, 4:34 pm
Just a quick question. I really really liked playing that server (weapon selection is PERFECT for infiltration, in my opinion at least), but recently I haven't seen it. Anyone know what happened to it? Maybe he just took it down for a few days.

Another somewhat newbie question... I've noticed that sometimes when I "Refresh Servers List" I'll only get 15 or so rooms, then I'll immediately click it again and get 30. Kind of odd, and annoying when I'm trying to play a specific server and it won't show up. I'm on dsl if that helps, thanks.

Snor
May 21, 2003, 4:52 pm
Well I dunno why this is but I would suggest that if there are specific servers you want to play on, save their IPs somewhere on your computer.

b00stA
May 21, 2003, 5:07 pm
If you want to access specific server with a static IP (or using a DNS-Service), put the IP/Host into "fav_servers.txt" in your Soldat directory, so you can select it from a list in Soldat.
Otherwise, I can't help you.

giff
May 22, 2003, 3:07 pm
Thanks for the advice b00stA, I'll put Internode and Snappy's on my list.

giff
May 22, 2003, 3:07 pm
Ah, sorry for the double post!

N1nj@
May 22, 2003, 11:07 pm
snappy told it down and renamed it to something else

he is doing training

NightCabbage
May 25, 2003, 2:05 am
Snor!!!!!!

Dude you have some great servers! :)

hahaha! I haven't seen a rambo game in ages! Quite fun sometimes :)

Keep 'em running! They're usually full!!

Nice ping for me too :)

Do they have the anti-lag system running or something?
Either way, it's good how I can actually shoot AT the person, instead of in front of them :) lol

Good job!!!

And on the matter of fav_servers list:

It would be great if there was an "add to fav_servers list" button in Soldat!!! :)

Question: I have never used the fav_servers list...
So does it store the IP and the port? or just the IP (hopefully the port...)
In that case, do I just put in the IP then a space then the port (1 per line)?

N1nj@
May 25, 2003, 9:38 pm
no he dont

snappy10
May 25, 2003, 10:20 pm
ya im the host of snappys dedicated inf and no i didn't rename it i took it down cuz i needed to do some training on other servers then my own

wormdundee
May 26, 2003, 1:22 am
snor's server rock, there's almost no lag, there is one thing though, i just played and i have to say the skill level is kinda low see for yourself below:

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] massivewin.jpg23.69 KB
ok thats hard to see but thats a 280 for me and the next person is a 57 i think, so yeh

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] massivewin2.jpg20.49 KB
in this one i have over 200 again, and the next guy on my team has 176 or something, then some guy with points in the 60's-80's

and lonewolf that ass, kept calling me a cheater, hilarious stuff

Social Poison
May 26, 2003, 3:25 am
Hehe... well... I think that can happen on any server :) . But it is true that the Snor servers are awsome... I mean if ppl from Seattle, BC, AUS, and Europe can get good pings, it's got my vote :D