( search forums )
4 Servers Max in lobby list?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
Snor
May 23, 2003, 4:46 am
I set up my 5th dedicated server on the same linux box and I've noticed that the lobby list will only display 4 of them. It seems to alternate between listing Rambo and CTF 2... any idea why this is?

Is there a limit to 4 per IP or something?

If this is so, does anyone know how to tell the server to use a different IP? The server they are on has 5 IPs...

mr_bob
May 23, 2003, 6:19 am
it might be the port number

DNA.styx
May 23, 2003, 10:03 am
This is a question for TRSSam.

TRSSam
May 23, 2003, 12:20 pm
I will incerase register limit to 6 per IP in next week. The limit was set to prevent 'fake server registering' (but as yet I haven't seen anyone trying do this)

Snor you can set up more servers than I could prevent [:)]

Snor
May 23, 2003, 1:12 pm
Ah, thanks man.. that's gonna suck when I try setting up my 7th though :)

I was still planning on adding an infiltration and possibly a DM in realmode..

If you don't think it's a good idea increasing the limit to more than 6, I guess I'll just have to leave it at that.. I can always take down DM 2 and CTF 2.. they don't usually get all that full but then the first 2 are usually very full so it's nice to have some for overflow.

Don't suppose anyone can answer the second question? Getting the server to use a different IP address from the server's IP address pool. I am guessing that is something written in the code that just gets the computers IP and that's that... maybe an alternate address feature could be added in future :)