( search forums )
Ah well
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
Edge
May 25, 2003, 10:55 pm
I apologize for any misconceptions my thread caused, but since it was locked I have to say this here. First of all, delete that one and lock this for all I care. I just want people to know the truth. Hacking is seen as "cracking" a game to edit yourself and make it so you can't die or never reload. No, me and this guy just want to change the damn weapon names in the menu. As you may not understand, hacking can be as simple as changing/making bots. Have you made/edited bots? If yes to that, then you are a hacker. In game terms, at least. I will not flame anyone, since I asked your honest opinions, and thank you for giving me such. I was only asking for the sake of my friend, as his ways have caused him trouble before. Once again, I apologize for not typing right. I will say this, and only this: Hacking is like the force. It has a dark side, a light side, and anyone can use it if they know how. Besides, about taking hax online, wouldn't that kinda of ruin the point? What's so special about not being able to lose? Especially when you consider the person in question's ability to even play, after the hacking causes the game to break down. And last but not least: My friend is registered, and I would be but i'm broker than a homeless meat-packer. I do, in all ways, fully support Michael's game and it's functioning, and in no way meant to change/edit anything to better myself. I thought if the words could be changed, it would help everyone out. And that's that. So there! :P

-Edge

DNA.styx
May 25, 2003, 11:52 pm
Changing the weapon names is not an option that Michal has given us.

Edge
May 26, 2003, 5:21 pm
I know. That's why this discussion began in the first place. =) Kind of a big deal over one idea. =)

Edge
June 16, 2003, 7:18 pm
Ok, why don't you people understand?!?!? You're in this forum, right? If it's for help, or to show something off, then you're a hacker! You're all hackers! I've heard people complain about me voicing my opinion until I think I could just die! Hacking is not a crime. Hacking depends on the person hacking! This said, I'm sure half of you people mod, or more. Hacking is modding, and vice versa. I'm not gonna sit here and say it's all good, but all modding isn't good, now is it? Now, when you think you're actually smart enough to realize I'm not doing anything wrong, that you're limiting your view of a word, then you can comment on me and my ideas. I'm sorry if this p*sses you off, but it seems everyone's p*ssed off at me anyway, so why not? If you still don't understand, then I can't help you. You should have gone to school. And for those disbelievers, if I was going to cheat and make the game worse for others, why would I say what I was going to do? Maybe you should think about the stereotype you've put me in, eh?

Abortion
June 26, 2003, 4:04 am
Youre right, it is by definition to write or refine computer programs ... but it also means "To use one's skill in computer programming to gain illegal or unauthorized access to a file or network", and thats mostly how people see it.