( search forums )
Soldat Pet Peev's
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Tribal
May 26, 2003, 5:49 pm
I think every single player in Soldat has a Pet Peev for this game. A moment where you can't bare to play this game (ONLY for a moment...). A moment where, you would rather kick your computer ..throw the minotor out the window..then realize how dumb that was and throw yourself out the window after it ..RIGHT after you start attacking a random jogger.

Oopsy! Well silly me haha let's not get TOO carried away.

Basically just start listing everything in Soldat that you absolutely hate. Here's mine.

People Running From Me
Oh my. This is my number 1. Why the HELL.... do people always run from me? SERIOUSLY they act like I'm going to come through their monitor and rip their head off or somthing. "OHHHH DADDY hEre comes Tribaal! LETS ALL RUN BECAUSE WE'RE MUTHER @#$%&*$ing GAAAAAYY!. Sorry ..just had to vent. Obviously you see how much I hate that.

People Stealing My Kills
This usually comes right after I've been chasing someone that's been running from me for like ..5 minutes. I FINALLY get close to them and waddya know ..some random players bullet flies into their head. Dont you just...HATE MTUEHR @#$%&(@!! like this!? It almost makes you want to ...kill..

Stubborn Players
Now, I only use the Socum in DM. I'm not being conceded but ..I normally always get in 1st in DM. So ignorant players (even intermediate good players) try and use what LITTLE (hence bolded text) logic they have and think "hm ..a guy gettin in first..with the SOCUM!?? NOOO Waay! This just ISNT normal". So then they blurt out "CHEATER!" or "Tribal sucks beacause he's...CHEAAATING!".
All I have to say is..."put a f*cking bullet in my head."

Alright! I'm all done venting now hahah! So whats your pet peev's!?

JayBDey
May 26, 2003, 6:36 pm
I get tons of kills with the pistol too. You?re not special.

I hate it when people run around with the barret like it's an assault weapon, charging around and killing people at close range.

Or when half of my team uses the barret, and cost us the game because they suck at using it. PICK A DIFFERENT GUN!

xXShavoXx
May 26, 2003, 6:52 pm
I hate it when people try to compete over the forums... ahem quote:I get tons of kills with the pistol too. You?re not special.

I mostly just hate arrogant players who try and act like it's no big deal that they are the best (atleast they can THINK that, but usually they aren't). I also dislike people who are new to the game and immediately act as if they have been here since day one. They'll sit there and tell you to do something (in a public server mind you) that has no tactical advantage whatsoever. Bleh, that about sums it up...

Baltor
May 26, 2003, 6:57 pm
i hate when people make a super-big deal out of getting a doublekill
it's so annoying [:-banghead]

Outcast
May 26, 2003, 7:03 pm
Campers as one......
They just fricking sit there and wait so you come fliing out of the corner or something then they shoot you and go "what a shot" and whats good about that? I CAN DO THAT TOO! I wont do it thought....... but if i get killed 3 times in a row by camping bitchez i go berserk and start hittinh stuff and cursing his ass so bad....Exeption of clanwars i just curse them on team talk since its not polite otherways :p

Runers as two...In 1on1 there are only few that dont run away....now when i played against mat i did an experiment... we played and it was like 16-14 or somethn for me and i was getting pissed off when he ran and waited for me to pop out so e can shoot me...... so i holded myself and did the same thing as him......it was 30-15 on the end....just so YOU PPL REALISE HOW EASIER ITS TO PLAY LIKE MOST DO heh

and as last ppl who talk [:-censored] for no apperent reason and dont stop... lets say Samjet(JEW) or somethn like that.....hes such a dumb [:-censored] and it annoys me so much and i cnat make him stop, makes me go crazy on times sigh.....

Baltor
May 26, 2003, 11:49 pm
whoa, Outcast calm down

Tribal
May 27, 2003, 1:14 am
Hahah no I feel outcast all the way.

.FF.nEcRoTik
May 27, 2003, 1:35 am
i hate when people make a super-big deal out of getting a doublekill
it's so annoying

that's so [:-censored]ing annoying.. "HEY!! I GOT A DOUBLE KILL!!" or when they just say "double kill" a few secs later "i own".. or when ppl don't know how to play CTF.. a flag drops by and they choose to TRY to kill someother guy instead of picking up the flag.. or when ff is on if u kill someone on ur team by mistake they hunt u down through the whole map just kill u cuz u killed them in the past!! ack! or when ppl call u cheater or "n00b cAnn0n usAh!".. or spawnkiller just cuz u killed them once when they were respawning.. like u just got near their base and u see someone respawning, he starts shooting at ya.. u can't fight back?! then u kill him and he calls u spawnkiller..

wormdundee
May 27, 2003, 3:17 am
yes! morons calling you a spawnkiller because you killed them out of necessity, what are you supposed to do? wait a coupla minutes for them to get organized while they're shooting at you and then go kill them? i mean seriously, cmon! this happens mostly when i've just gotten the flagm i dont wanna be killed, so i kill them as i fly again, and waddya know, SPAwNKILLAH!!!!

giff
May 27, 2003, 3:39 am
I agree big time wormdundee, that's so annoying. I've been called a "spawner" many times due to shooting them while running away with their flag.

I don't like to complain, but one thing that's annoying is when "Soldiers" on my team in non-tk CTF games take out the minigun and just spray, spray, spray, from the base as some odd form of defense. I counted three times in one day when I was returning to base with the enemy flag and an enemy hot on my trail, only to be stopped dead in my tracks by one of the "defensive minigun sprayers" shooting from our base. It doesn't happen often, but man... goobers.

Uchihajeff
May 27, 2003, 4:14 am
What I hate is when noobs call you a cheater just because you have the no-head modification on. You can't cheat except for the laser sight thing. Then, you have to explain why you aren't cheating, and then they ask you "how do you do it" and you have to explain the process.

that fuking sniper
May 27, 2003, 4:33 am
Lol, as far as I read, I'm two of the pissing off reasons, one is being a kill thief, and assaulting whith a barret.......

What I hate is people doing dumb things, such as staying to camp in their base while their flag is elsewhere, and then claim its defense, then say that they playede the game a year ago. Or ones that you continually own and they still say they rule you, thats denile isnt it?

Evolution
May 27, 2003, 4:48 am
Newbies
-------

Very annoying,
and always say you
use noob weapons
(barret, M79)

m1nt ch3w
May 27, 2003, 12:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by Outcast
Campers as one......
They just fricking sit there and wait so you come fliing out of the corner or something then they shoot you and go "what a shot" and whats good about that?

Bloody oath

NightCabbage
May 27, 2003, 12:34 pm
hmmmmm... one of the things that annoys me is when I join a server and the owner (ping==0) is playing. I have a ping of, say, 233. With a ping of 0 I really don't see how anyone could miss... ever.

Now, although I will usually win these games anway, it's annoying when the server wins and from then on thinks that they are the best Soldat player ever.

lol.

"yay! I won!"

yea, dah, you have a ping of 0! :)

Kill stealing doesn't annoy me much. I just laugh after a five minute chase when some n00b spawns and fires a stray mini bullet at my prey :) rofl

cracks me up... :) hehe

Newbies:
No, they don't annoy me, we all had to learn sometime.
However, it would be nice if some of them weren't as stupid as they are...
I know I was winning games (with 700+ ping in 105b) within hours of playing :)

Newbies in Rambomatch:
Argh! Now this one does annoy me :)
Apparently no-one knows how to play Rambomatch.
I don't know why, they just don't!
So they come in, and shoot at you when you're trying to kill rambo, then you both get killed.
And they just don't learn!

"CHEATER!!!!!!!! HACKER!!!!!!!!"
Yup, this can be annoying!!

I just say
"yes, it's called 'winning'"

and yea, "CHEATER! YOU HAVE NO HEAD!!!!!!"

lol

"SPAWN KILLER!!!!!!!!"
Sometimes this is a fair comment.
When people are actually spawn killing.

BUT some people just whine! If you are anywhere near there base and they spawn, then within 5 seconds you have killed them and "SPAWN KILLER!!!!!"

5 seconds is long enough to take out half a team! What r they on about? :)

People running away:
I just chase them :) lol
And then some n00b with a mini spawn and a stray bullet hits them and they get the kill... rofl!

"YAY! I GOT A DOULBE KIL!! SUX0RS IT DOWN B;TCHES!!!!!!!!"
haha.
was it fun? :)
then I hunt them down and try to get a multix2 out of them, :)
And then say nothing.
So they start thinking that it's not that good (which it's not)

However, I do say "MASTA KILLA!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!" when I get that ;)

Assaulting with the Barret:
Well, if they are doing well with it, then more power to them.
When the whole team is using the Barret, and BADLY, then bloody hell! change weapon! please!!!!

I like the SOCOM, but need practice (as with everything :)
lol, played Tribal a few days ago and got beaten by him and his socom! lol gj!! :)
It's bloody good tho!

oky day! see ya in the game peeps!! :)

Baltor
May 27, 2003, 4:54 pm
What I hate is when noobs call you a cheater just because you have the no-head modification on
Where can i get the no head mod?

.FF.nEcRoTik
May 27, 2003, 5:39 pm
Newbies in Rambomatch:
Argh! Now this one does annoy me :)
Apparently no-one knows how to play Rambomatch.
I don't know why, they just don't!
So they come in, and shoot at you when you're trying to kill rambo, then you both get killed.
And they just don't learn!

that's another one.. i don't get it.. is it so hard to learn how to play RamboMatch?!.. during Rambo Matches (when played with some retards) i spend most of the time killing and getting killed by these.. retards.. sometimes i even 4get about the damn bow and start killing those... retards! AHHH!!! that's so annoying :S

mat
May 27, 2003, 5:44 pm
outcast... u hate me? :D

whattta...
i just hate barret... the rest is fine... and outcast... when it was 16-14 i remember we were switching guns like crazy... it was 30-15 when we both played with m79

anyway... i was freaking out, as it was my first matches in 1on1 :D

come on guys if you're so good it doesn't matter if the other mortals are running away or stealing your kills... think of it as a new level of difficulty (have u seen bots running away???)

giff
May 27, 2003, 7:29 pm
"Assaulting with the Barret"
I have no problem with a skiled (key word) player using the barret at close range in rooms with less than 12 people. With the full Internode and Gnet rooms you just don't have enough time to reload because enemies pop up left and right. But on certain maps, especially ctf_b82 (sp?), I almost always assault with the barret. The only map I usually use it, otherwise it's always changing.

Another pet peeve is when people say they "own" you, but refuse to play anything other than, say, realistic with deagles. I know someone AMAZING at realistic DM with deagles, but any other form of play they'll get demolished. Kind of annoying, but hey, there are less "annoyances" in Soldat than any other game I've ever played, ever.

Baltor
May 27, 2003, 8:19 pm
Another thing that really gets on my nerves is BLIND SNIPING
It drives me crazy

i'll be gaurding the flag at my base and then, BANG! I get shot by a blind sniper
i hate it!

OK, so doesn't happen that often, but its still a pet peev

morpheus
May 27, 2003, 8:35 pm
about the only thing that bugs me is when someone is lagging so bad that they're flicking around all over the place and i can't get a bead on them to make a kill.

SuperKill
May 27, 2003, 10:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by Outcast
Campers as one......
They just fricking sit there and wait so you come fliing out of the corner or something then they shoot you and go "what a shot" and whats good about that? I CAN DO THAT TOO! I wont do it thought....... but if i get killed 3 times in a row by camping bitchez i go berserk and start hittinh stuff and cursing his ass so bad....Exeption of clanwars i just curse them on team talk since its not polite otherways :p

Runers as two...In 1on1 there are only few that dont run away....now when i played against mat i did an experiment... we played and it was like 16-14 or somethn for me and i was getting pissed off when he ran and waited for me to pop out so e can shoot me...... so i holded myself and did the same thing as him......it was 30-15 on the end....just so YOU PPL REALISE HOW EASIER ITS TO PLAY LIKE MOST DO heh

and as last ppl who talk [:-censored] for no apperent reason and dont stop... lets say Samjet(JEW) or somethn like that.....hes such a dumb [:-censored] and it annoys me so much and i cnat make him stop, makes me go crazy on times sigh.....

[Samnet[JEW]] 1st as always | <- thats what he always say when he comes first place (due to capping)
-----------------------------
he suck so bad man..i think thats the person that annoyed me the most ;
quote:Originally posted by wormdundee
yes! morons calling you a spawnkiller because you killed them out of necessity, what are you supposed to do? wait a coupla minutes for them to get organized while they're shooting at you and then go kill them? i mean seriously, cmon! this happens mostly when i've just gotten the flagm i dont wanna be killed, so i kill them as i fly again, and waddya know, SPAwNKILLAH!!!!

lol i hope this wont make me sound REALLY REALLY dumb, but i actually do wait for them to "orgenize" after they are spawned...then my "signal" for backfire at them is when they shoot at me. i do that because i hate spawnkillers (really annoying ones that sits around with barret and shoot everyone that spawns)

enjoyincubus
May 27, 2003, 10:33 pm
When I have a few seconds before I respawn, I look at my base (in CTF) and see how many of the other team are around. If they are all standing in one area, I grab an M79 and take my nades and spam them really quickly. If there is only one, I grab the barrett and snipe him (maybe throw a nade too), and if there is 2 or 3, I grab an auto and shoot them all...;)

That's my strategy, and that's why I think there is a lot of strategy in Soldat.

Shadow

JayBDey
May 27, 2003, 11:18 pm
The barret isn?t made for that, and shouldn?t be used in that way. It shouldn?t even be able to fire while moving.

When the whole team is using the Barret, and BADLY, then bloody hell! change weapon! please!!!!
Even worse when they think they own with it because they get a lucky shot or shoot someone all the way across the map with blind shot (ctf_run).

But I don?t play online much anymore, I only play on LAN with friends and we turn the Barret and Minigun off so I don?t have to deal with people abusing/overusing it.

giff
May 28, 2003, 1:04 am
quote:Originally posted by JayBDey
The barret isn?t made for that, and shouldn?t be used in that way. It shouldn?t even be able to fire while moving.

Well yeah, of course. The Barret M82A1 can't be shot by anyone other than a skilled shooter lying down. You can't shoot it while in crouch either, a la many other shooter games, namely CS and Delta Force games. I've seen video of a guy shooting an M82 and wasn't ready for the kickback, needed eye surgery because the scope nailed him in the face. But it's soldat, not real life. If it's in the game and legal, use it to its full advantage. (mind you I'm not trying to start an argument)

NightCabbage
May 28, 2003, 1:11 am
oooO!!!!!!!!!

I just played on Internode last night, and it remended me what my #1 pet peev is!!!

LONG BLOODY SPAWN TIMES!!!

Yes, that's right folks - long spawn times.

I'm playing CTF and I get shot - then BAM! 25 second respawn time!!!

OMG!!!!

Y?????

YYYYYYYY!?!??!?!?!

THAT, my friends, is my NUMBER ONE Soldat pet peev!!!

Evolution
May 28, 2003, 2:16 am
LOL :)
its ok NC.......

but Spawn_kill does piss me off too!

mat
May 28, 2003, 5:38 am
[:-censored] spawn killing... at least u got a chance to run... don't just stand there and wait them to kill ya... u CAN run away... sooo... it's fair...

Outcast
May 28, 2003, 6:32 am
quote:Originally posted by mat
[:-censored] spawn killing... at least u got a chance to run... don't just stand there and wait them to kill ya... u CAN run away... sooo... it's fair...

[:-censored] you do, especially in b2b right...and if you play on island gamers with 15 second spawn you sometimes cant play for 1 minute cuz of spawn killers...

NightCabbage
May 28, 2003, 8:31 am
mat - lol, do you play Soldat? hehe
If I decided to spawn kill you, you would be down permanently.

ScorpS
May 28, 2003, 9:28 am
Number 1.
Funny that nobody mentioned Team Killers in friendly fire games. The single most important reason why I hate friendly fire games. You tell them friendly is on, and they send you some bull like "Iz sh00t U Bcauz U da n00b", which in my case is false and even if it was true, it's still not a valid reason for killing your own team mates.

Number 2.
Even worse than the constant team killer, is the flag stealing team killer. You know the one that only kills the guy with the flag then caps it. "it was an accident... we still got the cap" can (maybe) only work the first time you do it.

Both of those lead to my...
Number 3.
People don't use the Vote Kick. In Rambo, in Friendly Fire games, even in CTF for that guy who deliberatly keeps grenading the flag out of the base.

EvilLaugh
May 28, 2003, 1:56 pm
Ultimate Pet Peeve?
Easy, thats people who dont STFU and play the game but instead bad mouth, or better, talk like they own the server.

JayBDey
May 28, 2003, 3:20 pm
If you shoot the barret while moving the bullet should go off in some crazy direction, not a perfect straight shot like you get now. That would fix all things bad about it.

Tha Doggfather
May 28, 2003, 4:47 pm
yes of course all the things listed here, but i have another one: dumbasses picking up all the bulletproof vests and cluster nades.
my god i hate em, i can understand picking up 2 accidently, when they are close together. but when there are like four cluster crates on the ground with enough space between em, some morons still pick em all AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH...
its a dumbass marathon...

.FF.nEcRoTik
May 28, 2003, 5:42 pm
Funny that nobody mentioned Team Killers in friendly fire games.

go to page one and look carefuly, it was mentioned :P

Social Poison
May 28, 2003, 9:05 pm
Spawn Killing
Spawn killing is a legit complaint on some maps. On say... ctf_run they're out of their minds to call you a spawn killer... I mean really... the flag is at the player respawn points. When I make maps I ususally have the spawn point inaccessable by players lower on the field (by using high walls with the slippery attribute).

But ppl who chill in the top of b2b or whatever that one is... that's just an a$$hole move.

So I guess both sides of this argument piss me off :P I hate being called a spawn killer when it's just the way the map is, and I hate being spawn killed.

Camping
Unfortunatly people get lumped into this catagory that really shouldn't. Some people are especially good at finding a nice tall set of grass, think enough to deck their character out in camo, and pick ppl off as they fly by. It's a difference in playing styles... stealth vs strength. Granted... it is EXTREMELY annoying when you get picked off by someone offscreen while you're dueling another person.

And note to idiots - Defending your flag in CtF isn't camping. So shut up. [:-irked]

Excessive team spawn
There is no good reason for having a team spawn at 25 seconds. Ok... maybe there is... but it's still very frusterating.

I think I'll go play for a bit... I'm sure I'll find something

BManx2000
May 28, 2003, 10:46 pm
My pet peeve: When people try to get the barret downgraded just because they get owned by someone who actually knows how to use their gun.

JayBDey
May 28, 2003, 10:55 pm
I think that was directed toward me.

If you are running around with the barret like it?s an assault gun then you DONT know how to use it.

BManx2000
May 28, 2003, 11:53 pm
Not really, it was more directed at people like EvilLaugh, who can't seem to make a post about barret without saying it should be downgraded.

JayBDey
May 29, 2003, 5:16 am
it should.

No crosshair unless crouched or prone.

NightCabbage
May 29, 2003, 11:00 am
Yeah, so I hate newbs who don't know how to play Rambomatch (how? why?? WHYY!!!!?!?!?) and long respawn times.

:)

JayBDey - sorry dude, but I have to disagree :S

Sometimes I run around with the Barret. Beats camping :)

EvilLaugh
May 29, 2003, 2:01 pm
it should.

No crosshair unless crouched or prone.

I slightly agree to this, since you have to look through the rifle scope anyway to see whats going on.... you couldn't use it as a standard weapon otherwise in real life
Something has to happen with this gun, something to make it less cheap :O

Baltor
May 29, 2003, 2:12 pm
I have to disagree with you EvilLaugh, sure your idea might apply in realistic mode, but the barret isn't overpowered. some people are just really good with it, just like some people are really good with deagles or any other gun...

SuperKill
May 29, 2003, 4:01 pm
there we go switching the thread's subject again ;P

Tribal
May 29, 2003, 4:53 pm
^^^ lol

Well im not sure if this was mentioned because there was a lot to read in this thread ..and well I got kinda lazy hahah. Anyways..this is what I also hate:

People that B*TCH and Argure. Of course theres times that its necessary. But most of the ones I see are something close to

"NO YUR NOOB!!"
"DUDE I KILL YOU 10 TIMES"
"SO I KILL YOU WHEN I HAD NO HP!"
"YOU WANNA DUEL I ONW YOUUU"
"OWN ME WITH LAUNCHER?? HAHA NOOOOOB"
"LAUNCHER AINT NOOOB"
"YES HUH!"
"NU-UH!"

I think you get the picture. I think these kind of people should do something more productive in their lives. Like watch paint dry. Or stare at the floor. Maybe draw stick figure comics on paper?? *shrugs*

EvilLaugh
May 29, 2003, 5:54 pm
I hate those people, i really do

enjoyincubus
May 29, 2003, 8:54 pm
I was just reminded of something I really hate while playing on my server the other day. I got a bunch of racist rednecks (rednecks are southeastern US people who think the Confederation is still alive) on the server, and they were calling me bad things that were said during the slavery era. Even though I am a white boy, it still makes me mad that they resort to racist remarks. I don't think they should say anything like that, because it's not right for anyone to say it. I hear black people say it's ok for them to call each other these things, but not for a white person to say it. Then these people I was playing said, "Oh, we are black." I said, "I don't buy that bullsh*t, man. Knock it off, or I'll kick you." They continued, I kicked, end of story. But racism and sexism are two things I can't stand, as you may have seen....look at that "grils" topic in the bash pit...

Shadow

sauron_the_deceiver
May 29, 2003, 9:34 pm
What about when people continuously ignore what ping does to your game

"NOOO I SHOT YOU A BIZZILION TIMES! YOU WERE KILLED I TELL YA!"

Dude, you have ping 677. No wonder.

And what about 'Soldier's. Hate them muchly. They download the game and play on the net straight away. Whats worse is when you tell them to leave and change their name, you then have to tell them that 'Chat' is the T button! JEEZ!

'N00b weapons'

I hate those people. 'nuff said.

And when people accuse you of chat killing. Now I don't approve when they are stood in a secluded area, coz then you know, but when they are stood in the middle of the battlefield! Come on! What did you think would happen?!
?

giff
May 29, 2003, 10:27 pm
"NO YUR NOOB!!"
"DUDE I KILL YOU 10 TIMES"
"SO I KILL YOU WHEN I HAD NO HP!"
"YOU WANNA DUEL I ONW YOUUU"
"OWN ME WITH LAUNCHER?? HAHA NOOOOOB"
"LAUNCHER AINT NOOOB"
"YES HUH!"
"NU-UH!"

hahahahahahha. I see that all too often, it's funny because it's true... actualy, it's insanely annoying.

And on the barret side-topic, I think that firing the barret should take maybe 1/8th your health away when fired not crouched or prone, because, well, it would hurt an awful lot in real life to shoot it anything besides prone.

BManx2000
May 29, 2003, 10:33 pm
Soldat isn't real life. I mean, who ever heard of jet boots or people running around with miniguns?

"No crosshair unless crouched or prone."

Then how the hell are you supposed to aim?

JayBDey
May 29, 2003, 11:20 pm
You aim when you are not moving.

While RUNNING you cant see the crosshair, but you can still run around and move normally. When you stop moving either standing still, crouching or when prone, the xhair reappears and you can shoot normally again.

If you are afraid the barret will be reduced with this, your wrong. People that already use it in the correct way wont be effected. It will only effect the people who run around using it as an assault weapon.

BManx2000
May 30, 2003, 2:11 am
And what the hell is wrong with using it as an assault weapon, may I ask?

wormdundee
May 30, 2003, 3:14 am
seriously jbd, WTF, are you insane!?!!? doing what you said would make the barret pretty much useless for me as i hardly ever camp except when i'm trying to kill a flag holder on ctf, using it properly?!!? are you an idiot!?!? i mean cmon, so what if its not an assault weapon, you seriously think michal just made the barret for long-range sniping?!!? ACK, welcome to the world of videogames my friend, ITS NOT FRICKIN REALISTIC!!! its a goddamn game, its not supposed to be realistic ok!!! you really think anything at all in that game is realistic, the whole premise of the game is weird, but it rocks!!!

well anyways, your weird and thats all i have to say, well...except for the above paragraph and all that ya know...SHEEZ...

NightCabbage
May 30, 2003, 10:10 am
Whoa, fully gone off topic now.

Either way...

erm...

Just remember, we can't communicate with a one-way brain...
No matter how you try, you just can't understand them...

uhhh...

NEway!!!

What am I on about now? hmmmmm...

Something about........

Something that annoyed me... :P

Oh bugger it, I'll edit later :P hahahah

JayBDey
May 30, 2003, 3:24 pm
ITS NOT FRICKIN REALISTIC!!!

I NEVER said it was. We have jet boots and miniguns, this is far from real ok?

But it should be fair and balanced (like FOX new :D )

If the berret is effective at both long, and short range, then why have all of the other short range guns? Most people already use the barret. Like I said, the only people bitching are the ones who dont use it as a sniper rifle. It's not hard to dominate with the barret, give your team sniper cover (from a distance) or change your gun and try and cap the flag.

EvilLaugh
May 30, 2003, 3:41 pm
Man, Jay, your my new best friend.

sauron_the_deceiver
May 30, 2003, 3:59 pm
OOOOOOOOkay I think everyone should step back and take a breather. No X hair unless crouched/prone IN REALISTIC MODE. Okay? Okay!

Here's another one. WHEN PEOPLE STAND STILL. Normally it's a Soldier, who doesn't realise that staying still is inviting death. They give no challenge. But they learn in the space of, about, an M79 reloading. Hehehe.

Evolution
May 30, 2003, 4:08 pm
LOL :)
tribal is right.

ppl do do that if they are noobs
or are just plain reatarded or somethin.

giff
May 30, 2003, 4:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by BManx2000
Soldat isn't real life. I mean, who ever heard of jet boots or people running around with miniguns?

"No crosshair unless crouched or prone."

Then how the hell are you supposed to aim?

Good point, you made me realize how stupid my barret statement was, I totally revoke that, heh.

Evolution
May 30, 2003, 4:51 pm
LOL :0

exactly.

since its 2D,
if there is no crossH
unless you prone,
that would just screw over

EvilLaugh
May 30, 2003, 5:15 pm
Did worms have an insta kill weapon that could be shot from far away?

SuperKill
May 30, 2003, 8:21 pm
lol worms had armaggedon man..its worse.
and it did have the shotgun \ super shotgun that can definetly kill someone from far far away.
oh and that magic bullet thing too.

JayBDey
May 30, 2003, 10:51 pm
Until the barret is fixed the best we can do is just remove it from the weapons selection.

BManx2000
May 30, 2003, 11:07 pm
Until the barret is fixed the best we can do is just remove it from the weapons selection.

SACRILEGE! HERESY! BURN HIM AT THE STAKE! *ahem*

Social Poison
May 30, 2003, 11:32 pm
I NEVER said it was. We have jet boots and miniguns, this is far from real ok?

SOOOOO true. The Barret is a gun that's what? 9 to 10 feet long? And a Minigun is usually something mounted on an assault vehicle (though I don't know about the one specifically in Soldat)

I think the problem with the barret has more or less been solved save for one thing.

Remember how the Barret used to be? Ppl would run around with that thing to no end because it could be fired easily while moving.

In 1.05b (I think) the Barret was altered. It became VERY difficult to fire while moving because your shot would go at a random angle foreward (I believe this is how it works). But there's a bug (sorta) regarding this fix. The reason people with Barrets are able to run in and own is because if they jump, fly, and then take their fingers off of the movement and jet pack buttons, the Barret becomes a strait shot again.

If it were made so, for instance, if your character was in the air or moving and you fired the barret (and in air regardless if you're jetting or moving) your shot would have the same angle modifier.

The Barret isn't overpowered really. I mean... the game's gotta have a sniper rifle... it's fun. But I don't think you should be able to run and gun with it (that's what the AUG is for :D )

BManx2000
May 30, 2003, 11:48 pm
Well if there's more than one guy, or if you miss your first shot, then any potential the barret may have had for "running and gunning" is gone.

JayBDey
May 31, 2003, 1:07 am
Duh! The barret isn?t a run and gun weapon. We are trying to ruin it for people who use it like that.

BManx2000
May 31, 2003, 1:14 am
We are trying to ruin it

When you say it that way, I lose all respect I may have once had for your argument.

wormdundee
May 31, 2003, 1:17 am
you actually had respect for his argument before? weird, but anyways yeh i agree with you

JayBDey
May 31, 2003, 2:34 am
Try reading the ENTIRE sentence.

BManx2000
May 31, 2003, 2:41 am
You ARE ruining the game for those who use it as an assault weapon, so STFU

NightCabbage
May 31, 2003, 2:45 am
rollin'

this thread is a crack up :)

guys, how about we just ban all the weapons? they are unbalanced! when someone is really good with them, they can actually kill me! I DEMAND FOR THEM TO BE BANNED!!!

:P

JayBDey
May 31, 2003, 2:50 am
^lol. Anyway...

If you use it as an assault weapon (I?m starting to think you do yourself bmanx) then I don?t really care if it ruins it for you. It isn?t an assault weapon.

BManx2000
May 31, 2003, 3:06 am
Oh no! If I decide to shoot the barret in combat, I am using it incorreclty because it is not an assault weapon! And even though the M79 or Deagles or whatever are much better in combat than the barret, you still seem to care if I use it...?

morpheus
May 31, 2003, 4:53 am
ok, here's what we're gonna do.

we're gonna fix it so the barret can't be used as an assualt weapon. and while we're at it, we're gonna add a vehicle to the game so all the mini gun users can use it correctly. and also, we're gonna give the m79 the 400 yard range it's rated at, and if anyone is flying while trying to use the m79, they're gonna get one helluva kick back and get knocked backwards half the screen.

problem solved.

in other words, it just ain't gonna happen.

oh, and to put this thread back on topic, here's a couple of pet peeves:

1) reading a post that has gone way off topic.
2) people who are constantly griping about the weapons.

EvilLaugh
June 1, 2003, 2:04 pm
quote:In 1.05b (I think) the Barret was altered. It became VERY difficult to fire while moving because your shot would go at a random angle foreward (I believe this is how it works). But there's a bug (sorta) regarding this fix. The reason people with Barrets are able to run in and own is because if they jump, fly, and then take their fingers off of the movement and jet pack buttons, the Barret becomes a strait shot again.

:O Holy crap I never noticed that.
FIX BUG!

NightCabbage
June 2, 2003, 2:38 am
The Barret shot will only become straight while you're not moving.

eg. If you fire when you stop mid-air (after stopping jets) then the Barret will fire perfectly again :) yay!

And it's not really random either, it's just hard to get used to :S

NightCabbage
June 3, 2003, 1:51 am
Unfortunately, merely lifting your fingers from the keys does not make your soldat stop, and so your shot will still be off.

sauron_the_deceiver
June 8, 2003, 5:07 pm
Yet I couldn't snipe in 1.0.5b....damn I sucked.

Baltor
June 9, 2003, 1:58 am
Whoa!
What happened to this topic...

NightCabbage
June 9, 2003, 3:18 am
sanity - hey dude, haven't seen ya in a while :'(
wb :)

And a very good pet peev mentioned.

n00bs with flags... ugh... *shudders*

Baltor - We are discussing the finer points of Soldat Pet Peevs, feel free to join in ;)

Stalky - ... hahahahahaahha

FS - It was fun wasn't it! :P
That said, it was hard to aim with my damn evil 700+ ping (FS and maybe a few others will remember my evil ping...) that I had while playing 1.0.5b in the early days.

Pet Peev: *points to screen* EvilLaugh's pet peevs!