( search forums )
World championship
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Outcast
May 29, 2003, 1:38 pm
Ok here's the deal...
I thought of this a long time ago and forgot about it now i remembered it again....

We can do a chamionship of countries....
It would include a national team selector which would be voted by all the ppl that want to from the certain country.....Lets say all finnish players that want vote for a selector of the Finnish team....

The selector then chooses a 5 man crew of the best players(in his opinion) of the country... He can name himself if atleast 2 he selected agree on that.

After that i dont know should it be Group style championship or pair like championship, which i would ask any1 that reads this to have his opinion on this, and everything else too....

Then we just play and get it out on the battlefield hehe...
If any1 wanna help on this msn or msg me...

EDIT : Games are 3on3 with possibility of substitutions...

white_shark87
May 29, 2003, 1:41 pm
well!
but which countries would play?
i think
sweden finland germany
which too?

Outcast
May 29, 2003, 1:42 pm
Every country that applies and has atleast 5 ppl :P

b00stA
May 29, 2003, 1:44 pm
I'm gonna be ashamed if those german kiddies vote eachother in a team but then they're gonna lose like hell.

Nice idea, but maybe it's gonna create more prejudices. I don't know. :/

white_shark87
May 29, 2003, 1:48 pm
i think it must be a vote in every country, a vote which is on the best rated page in their country.
every player has to vote.

Outcast
May 29, 2003, 1:48 pm
Well it's just a concept we can still change things since it's not even started yet lol...

ThaD
May 29, 2003, 1:59 pm
hah we were thinking about polish team (we=polish players), but, since there was no such idea like Soldat World Championship, there was no point in creating such team; now there is [:P]
But there are some problems like time zones and good servers.

Outcast
May 29, 2003, 2:05 pm
First one team hosts, then second team hosts...then scores are counted and who has most wins.....

Ta-2
May 29, 2003, 3:31 pm
Mebbe later when Soldat is more popular.
Like Finland doesnt have more than 2 or 3 good clans, but it should be enuff. I like the idea. I sure hope that the anti-lag system works fine.

SuperKill
May 29, 2003, 4:00 pm
omg i dont wanna see israel's players on this championship
i warn you dont let anyone from israel play.
they will bitch about lag on their own server
you have been worned ;D

skc.nevermore
May 29, 2003, 7:16 pm
Lag problems ?

Outcast
May 29, 2003, 7:35 pm
look at my last post before this one:P

enjoyincubus
May 29, 2003, 7:38 pm
I think what we could do is have two divisions: Western Hemisphere and Eastern Hemisphere. Then we could have the USA, Canada, Mexico, Greenland, and all of South America in one division. The other would include all of Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia. Though it would seem harder for the Eastern Hemi, really with all that competition you are getting the best overall country. The Western may not have quite as many countries, but the USA and Canada will probably go back and forth. It's still hard to win. Then, once we get a victor from each division, these two teams play on one neutral server, TBD on the location of the countries.

Shadow

Meandor
May 29, 2003, 7:40 pm
this will be hosted at soldat universal (when it'll be out and Outy is still interested in our hosting) also cuz i guess this league won't start right now

Social Poison
May 29, 2003, 7:45 pm
I like the idea, sounds like fun *evil grin*

TomPenny
May 29, 2003, 8:51 pm
well i am 150% on the thing! lets take soldat to the next step.
like quake lovers have lots off leagues we dont need just like 2 ctf leagues and some leagues which arent that popular. VISION will support this idea 100%!
the time has come! [B)]

¥Vive La Resistance¥
May 29, 2003, 9:33 pm
I like the idea a lot. How about having playoffs in each country? And more importantly are we gonna have a Northen Ireland team and if so whens the qualifier?!?!?[:P]

xXShavoXx
May 29, 2003, 10:27 pm
Sounds great, I wouldn't mind representing the US. Count me in.

SuperKill
May 29, 2003, 11:38 pm
i wanna represent the country that M (the weird one) from the forums lives at.

wormdundee
May 30, 2003, 12:22 am
wtf, why would you want to do that sk?!?! anyways........!!! this is a damn good idea, sounds cool, get it on!!!

enjoyincubus
May 30, 2003, 2:59 am
Ok...one question:

Who will pick teams for this? The USA has a bunch of really good people. Many other countries do too, but the USA is so big and everyone has a PC....so it will be stiff competition....

But if we follow through with divisions and then have the top 2 teams (or have a final four, if there are 4 divisions) in the championship fights, it will work fine. We will have to nominate captains for each country.

Shadow(hehe, yeah I nominate myself) :P

Nice guy with a gun
May 30, 2003, 10:25 am
heh, i kinda find this amusing because i had mentioned this in the ooooooooooooold forum (the grayish one that got trashed a while back) but it never really got off the ground considering everything on it got flushed down the toilet. what's even funnier is that outcast has the same concept as i did when i had made the suggestion. anyway, i'd back this championship up. doubt i'd be playing in it, but it'll be cool. that whole divisions idea sounds like it would work the best considering it will be separating the countries from each other. i think that if we go with the divisions, then it should be set up in an eliminations ladder much like a clan war...i suppose...and determine the winner from there.

my .02

Meandor
May 30, 2003, 11:47 am
uhm, just a thing.. we should merge some countries with ppl that want to play, cause some do not have enuf/ they do not hang around enough to be part of an active team partecipating in a league/ they suck too much. The guy representing should decide to do this or not. if we don't do this, stay assured the finals will be Sweden - US

white_shark87
May 30, 2003, 12:28 pm
i think its the championship must go like NBA playoffs. in different parts.
lets go :)

Outcast
May 30, 2003, 1:28 pm
Lol ng you did? Now it sounds like am copiing :/
Anyway we could do lotsa stuff including divisions and merging....
if divisions then we go Asia, America, Europe and Australia...
And i think the favourites would be Canada, USA , Finland, Sweden and ... Slovenia , yea thats right when i get HotAcid back that is.. :P
And we can do a 2ndary league for the 2nd team of the countries that have too much players.... :)

Firestorm
May 30, 2003, 4:16 pm
Woot can I play for England ;)

Evolution
May 30, 2003, 4:16 pm
hmm....
this sounds great.

but as Enjoy is right.
many places have lots of ppl
and players so its gonna be hard to decide.

¥Vive La Resistance¥
May 30, 2003, 8:57 pm
Wouldnt it be better if we had qualifiers for each team. All wouldbe country representers(nonexsistantent word i know) would have to go thru a no. of rounds and the winners are in, simple.

Outcast
May 30, 2003, 10:58 pm
viva....that would make it too complicated and long and stuff :p

Nice guy with a gun
May 31, 2003, 3:24 am
how bout each country hold a voting thingy to pick it's players

CbbLe
May 31, 2003, 12:19 pm
how about a bunch of players from the same country votes for a leader and then the leader chooses his squad instead?

Outcast
May 31, 2003, 2:30 pm
yes cbble thats what i said :P

CbbLe
May 31, 2003, 4:43 pm
oh, well..too lazy to read =P

NightCabbage
June 9, 2003, 8:09 am
Hey, cool bananas, I'm going for the position of Australian captain =D

w00tbix!

Devilman
June 9, 2003, 10:59 am
personally i think each country should have a play off.. the whole idea of voting sucks, how could you get the best 4 players by voting really>?

eyic
June 9, 2003, 11:28 am
coz i seen cabbage play and he owns me a lot! so lets say that i voted for him coz hes my friend and coz hes a good player so yeh thats how i voted :) oh and i think cabbage only guy who wanted to be elected as Australian captain

hahahahh Cabbage owns j00 :)

Outcast
June 9, 2003, 1:16 pm
You dont vote players, you vote a selector which chooses players which he thinks are the best..... next time am just gonna call you stupid :|

Xorax
June 9, 2003, 1:48 pm
lmao, outy =P so how we gonna get to know who plays for what country? =p

Zloy
June 9, 2003, 2:58 pm
Ohh.... I think that's very good idea. But something is wrong in our country.
Russia has only 10-15 Soldat teams, and we're ([N.W.D.]) tired to play with them. I think there is only 2-3 Russian Soldat teams who can correctly fly :D So there's no choice in Russia.

-==========[NEW WORLD dISORdER]==============--
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<rUSSIa>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Zloy [N.W.D.] Russia ICQ #169523345
Let's talk bout teamplays....
I'll be waiting
KNIGHTmare [N.W.D.] Russia ICQ #9064906 (if Zloy is offline)

kitten_yuna
June 9, 2003, 4:17 pm
i seriously think lag will be more of an issue than you think, especially with us 56k guys in australia. it wont matter if you take turns at the server when the host wins every round anyway.

i also guess ill give nightcabbage my vote, even though he wont select me :(

Outcast
June 9, 2003, 4:27 pm
Yea lag on lag free server's right? :)

_z1g
June 9, 2003, 5:43 pm
Zloy im think need play TFR vs [N.W.D.]what you say ?:)

enjoyincubus
June 9, 2003, 5:48 pm
Hey, it's been like 6 days, right? When are we voting? Just to let you know, I haven't seen Spike on those forums since he said he wanted to be captain....maybe, just maybe, that's a hint...

Anyway, Snappy and TFS, you are already at or near the top of players I want to get...I honestly don't think someone should be selected if he doesn't play a lot, but maybe I'm wrong on that. Maybe somehow he knows about all the underground players already. Maybe he secretly goes onto public servers and finds people...but I doubt it.

Shadow

Outcast
June 9, 2003, 6:45 pm
I will be opening poll when it gets a little bigger...

that fuking sniper
June 9, 2003, 7:22 pm
A suggestion for players would also be OmegaRagond, Spike, if he isnt captain, and Spectral...

CbbLe
June 9, 2003, 7:26 pm
Outcast...I wouldn't call these new servers lagfree....sure you might hit where you aim (which is good ;9 ) but it's still ahrd to aim when the enemy are teleporting (big problem)...anyway, get some people and start it ;)

Outcast
June 9, 2003, 8:03 pm
I played there myself, no teleporting for me........nice 150 ping and everything i hit died...well 95%....

Malen
June 10, 2003, 7:49 am
Go Cabbage ... go the aussies

Aussie Aussie Aussie .... Oi Oi Oi

Lan will be an issue for us poor aussies ... anyone want to sponsor an aussie team to come to Aus? We will bring the beer.

NightCabbage
June 10, 2003, 9:22 am
lol Mal :P

kitten -
:( y do you say that?

I will be conducting some sort of play offs and maybe some polls.

The general idea is that if you are one of the best aussie players, you should get in.

And Mal, I think you meant 'lag' ;)

lol

Malen
June 10, 2003, 1:25 pm
Yeah I know ... but hey I was at work and the keyboard there is crap

Bring on the competition, let us aussie's show you guys how we own "downunder style"

Devilman
June 11, 2003, 10:21 am
well NC has my vote as well... altho by now im sure he doesnt need it

NC maybe you should be talking to internode or another fast provider about hosting

PM me if youve considered this