( search forums )
just a question bout waypoints
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
Duke33
June 1, 2003, 10:48 pm
Two questions---firstly, what is the ppurpose of path 1 and 2 in DM. Second, does this work?
[IMAGE]
What i am trying to do is to make waypoints that run both ways. Does the way im doing it work? i looked at the offical maps and they dont do this, but it seems to make sense.........

Raven6
June 2, 2003, 3:50 am
wow, that's ... reaaaally confusing haha

theres a quick tutorial that comes with the mapmaker (readme file i think) try looking over it, it'll explain some stuff

wat really scares me about your screenshot is, you only have 90 frames per second in mapmaker.. thas freaky :)

Duke33
June 2, 2003, 3:58 am
soooo......does the FPS matter......beats me........anyway, yes, ive read the manual 3 times and it dunnit say much. SO, can someone answer?

enjoyincubus
June 2, 2003, 4:54 am
Only use path 1 in DM. Path 2 does nothing (in DM, that is). The bots run on a little cycle, so you only can use one cycle.

Only in CTF and INF will you even need to touch those second paths....

If anyone is interested, I may write a better tutorial for map making...

Shadow

NightCabbage
June 2, 2003, 5:05 am
lol - I get 1562 fps in the map maker :P rofl

Shadow - didn't notice that you're the new mapping moderator until now :) congrats!

Duke33
June 2, 2003, 5:42 am
yes, i get that man, i knw about path 1 and two, but the question is will the waypoints that i put above work? Like, making say one set of waypoints making the guy go one way, and then you go back over then saying the oppisite direction and it seems to make a double path. Now, does that work. And yes pleae shadow, there needs to be an advanced waypointing manual.

Raven6
June 2, 2003, 5:53 am
mmmmm ya sure bout that shadow? I think it might give alternate choices for the bots (check one michal's dm maps, they have path 2's).

enjoyincubus
June 3, 2003, 6:49 pm
I'm sure about that, man. ;)

There are waypoints for path 2, true. But this is just in case you run the map in a special way. Start a normal ctf game. Then use the command /map arena . Then you go to Arena and the game stays CTF. Though there are no flags, the bots still run using their waypoints. Why Michal spent the time doing this is beyond me. It seems worthless to me...but hey, at least he did it, and you can run it like that if you want! :P

I'm pretty sure about this....

Shadow