( search forums )
GBA Soldat Port
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
enjoyincubus
June 3, 2003, 9:14 pm
Hey,

I have been thinking about this for quite a while....

Wouldn't it be cool if Michal ported Soldat from the PC to GBA? Hey, it seems cool to me. Of course, it wouldn't be seen in most stores. You would probably have to order it online for an increased price.

I heard rumors of a GBA port for Stick Soldiers. Why not Soldat?

Hell, I'd pay $50 for a GBA port of Soldat. The controls wouldn't be that hard to switch over. I bet all the levels from Soldat right now could fit on one cartridge.

Actually, Soldat could do quite well on GBA. It would quite possibly climb on with the mainstream audience. But then Michal would have to sell out, which I don't want to see happen. Some big company would offer him $1,000,000 or some large sum, and they would take the game and change it and sell it.

So, if it was ported, we could either 1) just buy it from the Soldat website for a large amount but have the normal game, or 2) buy it for a normal price, but the game would be different....I choose number 1...

Shadow

COW_tnactim
June 4, 2003, 4:13 am
well lets see.... GBA games can hold about 10 megs.... sooo... although you WOULD be pushin it, that is still an excellent idea. I would also pay extra for the real thing. But you also have to think about the fact that only 4 people are going to be able to play at one time, with bots all over the place. I like the idea very much, and I REALLY hate to turn this down...... but I dont think it would work quite as well as people would hope for it too.

sry

dark_skull66
June 4, 2003, 5:04 am
they hold like 9-16 or somethin

TheKnightoftheMare
June 4, 2003, 6:23 am
would be pointless unless there was a real good single player.

enjoyincubus
June 4, 2003, 6:01 pm
Ermmm....why would it be pointless? You're the first person I've talked to who has said that...

Soldat wasn't made specifically for single player. It's meant to be a multiplayer game. If it was supposed to have single player, it would have been made already...Besides, single player would change the game. Then it's not Soldat...

Shadow

b00stA
June 4, 2003, 7:04 pm
It will not happen.
I'm quite sure, but let's see what the future is gonna do to us :/

NuZZ
June 7, 2003, 4:24 am
er cough cough, the biggest gba is 34 megs!!!! so , i think it might fit on a special cartige...

vinnie_boy_nl
June 20, 2003, 4:35 pm
Maybe the can make the textures some easyer so the game may bit smaller

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 20, 2003, 8:29 pm
how would u look around?

Edge
June 21, 2003, 1:05 am
The one think I don't like is that the GBA has no mouse. It'd be hard to aim. Other than that, I'd love to play it on the GameCube with that new GameCube\GBA adapter thing that let's you play GBA games on a GameCube. Think I said GBA\GameCube enough? ;)

wormdundee
June 21, 2003, 2:28 am
no not quite enough, although i dont really see how you would aim at all, unless you attached a mouse or joystick or somthin to the GBA, although i think it would still be a good game...see thats why theres no total action games on the GBA...

xXShavoXx
June 21, 2003, 4:33 am
Shoulder buttons move you left/right, d-pad aims the cursor onscreen, A-button shoots, B-Button jumps... dunno if there are any other buttons, I dont have a GBA :P

wormdundee
June 21, 2003, 5:02 am
alright, that could work but think about it, theres not nearly enough buttons on the GBA for it to be the same soldat as it is now, you need a grenade button, prone button, switch weapin buton, 2 different chat buttons, aiming buttons, etc.. and so on and so forth, i would say this would be impossible unless the game was really chopped up, and then it wouldnt be so good any more...