( search forums )
Need a hosted soldat server? come here
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Robob
June 7, 2003, 5:39 am
visit www.robobcentral.com to rent fast, fun, affordable game servers. I can host many games including soldat, and many others

mat
June 8, 2003, 1:06 pm
bah...

eyic
June 8, 2003, 1:17 pm
i dont need my own server whats the point?
joining somones server saves u the trouble :D
oh and i cant make servers coz people cant join

N1nj@
June 8, 2003, 5:28 pm
so...dats why you can pay someone to host some...

enjoyincubus
June 8, 2003, 10:04 pm
Yeah...but for the teenagers here, well...why would we waste the little money that most of us have on a server for a game? Sorry, I am going to waste my money on the game, not some server that I get nothing out of...

I could see that maybe if I was 25 and I didn't have a life and I had no kids or wife, then it seems reasonable...but why not just join someone elses server?

Don't know about those prices, either...they seem a little high to me (for just a SOLDAT SERVER). I know Soldat is awesome, but it's relatively easy to set up a server and maintain it...so the prices just seem a little out there...

Shadow

eyic
June 8, 2003, 11:39 pm
yeh they should only be like a couple of dollars (like $5-$6 or even less!) coz have u seen the pirces for those website hosting they're so cheap but i rnt allowed to get any lol :)

N1nj@
June 8, 2003, 11:55 pm
lol

yup, the price is really high, and some of the problem is that most of the people that play Soldat, doesn't have a credit card (at least me). So it would be hard to purchase any items.

eyic
June 9, 2003, 1:07 am
yeh and plus im just a kid!
hey robob i think it would be better if you would let people have free servers you'd make lots of friends unless u need the money of course

Robob
June 9, 2003, 5:29 am
Yes i will lower the prices, seeing how soldat is a free game, you shouldnt have to pay alot for the servers. I will think about it. or tell me what YOU think it should be (reasonably, i dont want to hear .99!! haha)

eyic
June 9, 2003, 6:25 am
lets say 20 cents a player! that reasonable or mabe 50 cents a player better than 2 dollars!

Robob
June 9, 2003, 2:43 pm
the memory used by the server and cpu cycles isnt worth, plus the bandwith .50, 1-2 dollars is a minimum

N1nj@
June 10, 2003, 9:36 pm
3 dollars total for a server with 10 poeple

additional people will be added .20

Robob
June 11, 2003, 3:12 am
I think im ganna wait for the new version, so i can make sure the admin on linux works right, ect

Spike
June 11, 2003, 3:21 am
you guys are smoking :p lol i think the price should be like 1.00 to 1.50 a player you have to think about the mb it takes to run a soldat linux server and the bandwith costs. Its linux so games can be played faster its really not that bad of a price :p what you guys are asking for like 8 bux 20 cents a player is kinda ridiculous :P lol thats like the price of a meal at jack n the box