( search forums )
SOLDAT 1.1.4 RELEASED!
Soldat Forums - Official Announcements - Official News
Michal Marcinkowski
June 12, 2003, 11:07 pm
It took some time but it's finally here. Soldat 1.1.4 has lots of new cool futures and lots of bug fixes. Hope you enjoy it. The file is waiting for you in the download section (http://www.soldat.prv.pl)...
So go forth and kick ass soldier!

List of changes from version 1.1.3 to 1.1.4:
- Added new anti-lag system
- Added parachutes (when respawn is high)
- Added new maps: ctf_Voland, inf_Fortress
- Added new interface: Storm
- Added time and number of players displayed in players menu
- Added new secret player animation
- Added player raises weapon above teammate when crouching
- Added modifiable weapon names in 'txt\weaponnames.txt'
- Added option to choose secondary weapon
- Added new secondary weapon: Combat Knife
- Added new secondary weapon: Chainsaw
- Added new secondary weapon: M72 LAW
- Added /kill and /brutalkill commands for client
- Added flames effect when scored in Infiltration
- Added buttstock hit in close combat
- Added "points to leader" displayed in players status
- Added button (default Tab) to open/close weapons menu while dead
- Added server web page link or admins e-mail displayed in servers lobby page
- Added possibility to go prone when running fast or off ground (stunts)
- Added clients can join servers behind firewall forwarded through lobby
- Added servers list displays server system (Linux or Windows)
- Added flag capture info in console
- Fixed "no flag" not displayed in Infiltration
- Fixed some wrong map version
- Fixed banned for cheating issues
- Fixed wrong spawning when out of map bounds
- Fixed rolling with fists
- Fixed flames from flamer not showing on client
- Fixed flamer bonus cheat
- Fixed "scenery modified" bug when file not present
- Fixed team chat button disabled in non-team games
- Fixed flag stays with player when changing teams
- Fixed bullets and grenades duplicating on client
- Fixed jet fuel bug on map change
- Fixed Spas-12 could not be fired while reloading
- Fixed "Time left" in console minutes count
- Fixed "2 minutes" warning freeze
- Improved network gameplay
- Improved visuals and playability on some maps
- Changed Ruger 77 is now faster
- Changed long fall kills in realistic mode
- Changed map voting starts when first map vote starts
- Changed console text timings and length
- Changed points and team score doesn't decrease from self kills
- Changed and fixed flag capture messages

Some notes:
Anti-Lag system - now works only on pings 0-333ms. Show Real Lag (F4) is turned on for default and works only with bullets. Should work well now with the anti-lag system.
M72 LAW - can be fired only from crouch position

Please post any bugs in the proper forums.
If you've got a question about the new version just ask here.

F@NTOM
June 12, 2003, 11:27 pm
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! :)))))))))

Nebby
June 12, 2003, 11:29 pm
Fastest way to clear a server in under 10 seconds:

Tell them 1.1.4 has been released.

ada89
June 12, 2003, 11:34 pm
WOw....i am speachless...anyway....it is absolutely amazing....i should add knife at my short anim :) *hint*

Good job!!!

N1nj@
June 12, 2003, 11:36 pm
whats

- Added new secret player animation

and

- Added buttstock hit in close combat

i been trying to find those out for the last hour, lol!

F@NTOM
June 12, 2003, 11:37 pm
the map maker is still compatible with thw new version..right? :)

Nebby
June 12, 2003, 11:39 pm
Woah, that new Voland map looks quite... pathetica actually... no offence.

PuMa
June 12, 2003, 11:48 pm
OMG ITS CHRISTMAS ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!

SERIAL KILLeR
June 13, 2003, 12:32 am
Does anyone has problems with the map mr. snowman ?

Duke33
June 13, 2003, 12:34 am
Okay. I am in orgasm right now. I kid you not.Also, is it just me, but i go to http://www.soldat.prv.pl/ and for some reason the download for vr. 1.1.4 isnt there. is this just me?

EKPassassin
June 13, 2003, 12:59 am
yea i cant find it neither :<

mat
June 13, 2003, 1:01 am
duke33: added to ftp://ftp.rdsor.ro/pub/Games/Soldat , both patch and new version...

mat's CTF back onlain :)

N1nj@
June 13, 2003, 1:06 am
Duke33 and EKPassassin: go to http://www.soldat.prv.pl/ and then press ctrl + F5 then it will refresh it for you and you will see it.

Social Poison
June 13, 2003, 1:21 am
Fastest way to clear a server in under 10 seconds:

Tell them 1.1.4 has been released.

LOL

I'm stuck at work and can't play yet :( *cries*

Maybe I'll go home download it and bring it here >:D

Aw man I can't wait!! This is like being told "You're getting a PS2, but you can't play it until you get home" My work quality is going to suck big time hahah

wormdundee
June 13, 2003, 1:22 am
actuqlly ninja you can just hit f5 itself and it will refresh, no need for the ctrl...

Social Poison
June 13, 2003, 1:26 am
Anti-Lag system - now works only on pings 0-333ms. Show Real Lag (F4) is turned on for default and works only with bullets. Should work well now with the anti-lag system.

So wait.. how does this system work?

BManx2000
June 13, 2003, 1:30 am
Yay! New version of soldat! More secondaries! so much stuff... can't... breathe...

AND BEST OF ALL, THE ACCESS VIOLATION ERROR IS GONE! To put it in the delicate terms of nightcabbage:
W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX! W00TBIX!

Nebby
June 13, 2003, 1:36 am
Michal,

The chainsaw is WAAYY too powerful. i've been owning servers using JUST the chainsaw.
it'd be better with a) more screen shake and b)less power. to even it out a bit.

Baltor
June 13, 2003, 2:22 am
Sweeeeeet!
Downloading now...

mr_bob
June 13, 2003, 2:25 am
hell yeah youll i think its kick ass just cuz im allowed to play again so im happy and i love the new ctf map its kick ass

BHedL
June 13, 2003, 2:43 am
This is so awesome. SO awesome.

Zaphod_Beeblebrox_666
June 13, 2003, 2:49 am
[:D] OH WOW YEAH !!!!!!!!
new version of soldat yesssss!!! (woop woop)
[:-weepn] Shame my gfx cards busted so no game for me just blank screen (feel free to laugh at me here)
looks realy good though
:)hope it is

------
------

Blast
June 13, 2003, 2:56 am
Well, I do have one problem with the new version-- when i installed the patch, it reset ALL of my profiles to the default soldier (colors and everything).

enjoyincubus
June 13, 2003, 2:57 am
I'm glad to see many of you like it. However, I've found a bug, and hopefully a quick fix can be made....there is a missing texture...

Michal, great work once again. But there is a problem with the mrsnowman mountain. When I reworked it, I used a different texture...I.E. different name, and I thought you knew this. So now people will have a problem with this map...this is what happened to a few people on my server. I hope there is an easy way to fix this, without a new version being released.

Other than that, I think it's great. Don't listen to the complainers. You've made a frickin awesome game. This is better than CS, and better than HL also. (i'm a little made at half life; couldnt beat the last level. yes i know, i suck :P)

Enjoy

N1nj@
June 13, 2003, 3:10 am
wormdundee: the ctrl will update the cache

Blast
June 13, 2003, 3:13 am
I agree with Nebby. There is no way that someone could use a chainsaw on you for less than a second while running past and do more damage than an assault rifle spraying you for several seconds. It is way overpowered.

N1nj@
June 13, 2003, 3:26 am
In my opinion, this is different from CS or HL. You can't compare to them both.

Blast
June 13, 2003, 3:27 am
And with the volcano map if you grab the enemy flag, go to the top, and fly up until you get ported back to your spawn, instead of respawning, the flag stays missing i also tried this with abel, and it dissapeared there too. i grabbed the minigun and searched completely around the map, and never saw it.

koil
June 13, 2003, 4:22 am
well micahl, the creator of soldat, our god, 1.1.4 kicks ass BUT the chainsaw must go off.
you can camp on your flag and just start the chainsaw and anyone who will try to take the flag
will be dead.
besides that, it's very good game

Tha Doggfather
June 13, 2003, 4:39 am
omg even sooner than i expected. YAY

but im having exams these two weeks, itll cost me my year!!!

oh well...

THX MICHAL

Lemyk
June 13, 2003, 4:49 am
im like....WOW. cant wait to get it...but...
2 ppl above sed they couldnt see the new link, like it hadnt refreshed or something,
same here. <='O...delete all temp int files or soemthing. WHEE IM SO HAPPY!

Duke33
June 13, 2003, 5:04 am
K, well, i got the game from a friend over MSN, and it is SO cool. As for the chainsaw, dont bitch about it, a chainsawer is really easy to take out. It is, after all, a close up weapon. ANywy, it is a wonderful gme Michal. HOnestly, it is better than most store bought games and better than ALL freeware games/shareware games. I dunno why, but it is SWEET.

Ya, same wth me doggfatha, i have exmas tommorow and on mon and tues. Ill just have to control myself.............

Blast
June 13, 2003, 5:22 am
The chainsaw really has to go. Already every game you go into, no matter what type, half the people are using saws. Yeah, you can dodge them in open space, but i play CTF, and people with saws are spawning the crap outta everyone. All they have to do is run back and forth and they wipe out the whole team. Where is the skill in that? I also heard several people suggest that it be taken out as a secondary weapon, and put in as a powerup. That would cut down the usage alot, but still keep it in the game for those people who like it. Also, many times people spawn without weapons. I know im picking at ya, but these bugs have to be fixed. The saw is unbalancing the game.

EvilLaugh
June 13, 2003, 5:38 am
bout time

koil
June 13, 2003, 6:11 am
question for michal and for all of you:
why would someone use the knife (one stab=kill - but takes some time between evry stab)
if he can use chainsaw ( 0.5 second on the other player and he's dead - as long as you click on fire the chainsaw cant stop)?
well one of them got to go off and my vote is chainsaw.
btw great game michal:)

mat
June 13, 2003, 6:28 am
maybe chainsaw shouldn't go, as u can make it overheat for example, and not use it for a few seconds till it cools down. and duke is right it's powerfull, but it's a closeup weapon. it is balanced.

the m72 takes toooo much reload... and u should see a larger part of the screen when u fire it (as with the barret, but I think more distant because of the slow reload time and the arc of it) so u can really learn to use it fully

M
June 13, 2003, 7:44 am
[Freakmode=On] MAN YEA MAN COOL MAN I CAN"T BELLEAVE IT MAN MAN MAN THIS IS COOL MAN ITS GREAT MEN COOL COOOL COOOOOOOOOL [Freakmode=off]
Great work Michal.

m1nt ch3w
June 13, 2003, 8:10 am
i had a heart attack just reading the fixes/updates.

ThaD
June 13, 2003, 9:28 am
nice

Michal Marcinkowski
June 13, 2003, 9:45 am
If Mr_Snowman map won't work, here is the missing texture: ananas2.bmp (http://soldat.cyberion.pl/ananas2.bmp - right click/save as..). Download it and place it in the Soldat\Textures folder.

Chainsaw too powerfull?: we'll see in a week or so, if it will be so easy to kill with it

LyCx
June 13, 2003, 10:25 am
WHat does the LAW do?

TheKnightoftheMare
June 13, 2003, 10:51 am
the LAW fires a missile

koil
June 13, 2003, 12:14 pm
the LAW gives you flowers and say good bye when you quit soldat...
THE LAW KILLS! (you need to crouch/prone to shoot the missle)

TheKnightoftheMare
June 13, 2003, 1:46 pm
when will the linux port be out?because there no good servers to play on for 1.14

Michal Marcinkowski
June 13, 2003, 2:32 pm
The linux server will be soon, if there will be no bigger problems with ver.1.1.4

Nebby
June 13, 2003, 3:12 pm
Apart from my complaining (which i didn't mean to do really) this game is a big improvement.

Chainsaw: bonus for it is a good idea, and overheating is also good idea.
Spawning without weapons: not a really biggie, but could get annoying.

But everything else is dandy doodle.

snappy10
June 13, 2003, 7:11 pm
i dont think chainsaw needs to bre takin out i just think it needs a long reload time so ppl can just hold the butten down and it never stops!

kevith
June 13, 2003, 7:35 pm
if somebody is guarding the flag with a chainsaw... i think that's a good time to use your gun.... :)

Blast
June 13, 2003, 8:20 pm
Sure you can dodge saw in open air, but in small spaces with lots of turns, like tunnels, or maps with little or no jet fuel, like Lagrange, chainsaw owns. The point of a secondary is to be a backup weapon, like the USSOCOM. Not to be the most powerful weapon in the game. If you don't believe me, make a deathmatch, especially in Lagrange (or a map with lots of tunnels), with several bots, including the Boogie Man. These were my results after a few minutes: Boogie Man-69 Blain-34 Billy-27 Admiral-14 As to the defending the flag thing, in Laos, there are colored triangles that hide players. Every time you want to go through the enemy one, you have to stand on the side and shoot in for a while to make sure there are no chain saws. It is extremely hard to capture if you have to hang around base for a while before grabbing flag. I have seen up to 3 saws in 1 triangle before, and sometimes they were hiding in our triangle. If you don't think this makes it hard to play for the rest of us, then either you havn't tried it for long or the other team sucked.

BManx2000
June 14, 2003, 1:11 am
Well for me, it's not so much the power of the saw as it is the fact that it is better in every way than the knife. Maybe it should be that it would take a second of chainsawing to kill an opponent with full health.

N1nj@
June 14, 2003, 2:03 am
chainsaw is fine the way it is, it just a little fun to the game and it is easily dodge as long as you stay in the air or stay far from the chainsawers

Evolution
June 14, 2003, 2:18 am
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but i cant play it cause my card dont support 3D....... :(

kevith
June 14, 2003, 3:04 am
the other players cant' truly "hide" in your triangle (in Laos). You can see them if you know what you're looking for. I have generally found the guys with chainsaws pretty easy to kill. The only thing that I think the chainsaw sucks for is when u have people who insist on spawn killing with it. As far as the map comment goes, you can change your 2nd weapon by pressing tab when you're dead and picking a different one. If the map works well for it, use it.

dittyman
June 14, 2003, 4:36 am
im finding it hard to play with so much chainsawers around, man make it a powerup or something like flamegod, way to powerful, more powerful than barret omg, but fists are more powerful now thts good but but a lil bit too powerful they more powerful than some guns 3/4 life gone in 2 hits and with berserk its 99% life gone in one hit. hmmm donthink so mate 3 punches wouldnt kill anyone. but chainsawing is way to powerful and its getting hard to avoid em cause of their consistant running into u. U try be good in 1.1.3 and u always run past someone, try be good in 1.1.4 andu dead if u run past em. CHAINSAW HAS TO BE A POWERUP!!!. umm oh yeah parachute...great idea but how u sposed to play if u spawn and u cant fly away from stuff and people have plenty of time to shoot at u... ffs your a slow easy ovin target.

m1nt ch3w
June 14, 2003, 10:45 am
evo, soldat is 2D, not 3D.

PuMa
June 14, 2003, 11:23 am
The chainsaw should not be an instant kill. Should take a about like 1 second, or 1.5 seconds of holding it over the person.

That way pepole just cant run back and forth.

mat
June 14, 2003, 11:33 am
a good idea would be if u can "catch" somebody with the shainsaw just for a very short period of time and u could see his limbs moving while the chainsaw is in the stomach... and run around with your capture :)))))

PuMa
June 14, 2003, 4:17 pm
LoL

Dont know if that would work w/a chainsaw... mebbe a spear...

N1nj@
June 14, 2003, 6:09 pm
Evolution: i thought you cant play soldat because you have dial-up connection. Now you said you have a video card problem?

Also, soldat is not 3d is 2d like m1nt ch3w had said. It just use direct 3d. make sure you have your latest driver updates and the latest direct 3d.

Captain_Jimbo
June 15, 2003, 1:01 am

Hey, cool, it's Jsmith, ha ha. The LAW is a delicous little addition that fires out a rocket round. You have to crouch, then fire it. Truth be told, I didn't know what the hell it was at first either. Since it didn't fire standing up, and all the other weapons (besides SOCOM) were close range weapons, I thought it was a battering ram and was trying to run into people with it, ha ha ha. Good times.

Tha Doggfather
June 15, 2003, 1:25 am
LOL @ Jimbo

whahahaha a battering ram

Blast
June 15, 2003, 2:52 am
heh i thought it was some sort of police axe or something cause i would do some wierd upward chop when holding down trig and running past people

SERIAL KILLeR
June 15, 2003, 11:41 am
U can bash some1 to death and/or kick his weapon out of his hands with all your primary weapons when u are close enough.

N1nj@
June 15, 2003, 2:07 pm
i dont think you can....

BManx2000
June 15, 2003, 2:46 pm
Actually, you can bash somebody to death with all weapons except the knife and the chainsaw (which would be kinda pointless :P). I've tested this on zombies.

b00stA
June 15, 2003, 2:53 pm
Yepp, confirmed.. tested it on the bot "Dummy" that doesn't move :P

Evolution
June 16, 2003, 3:52 pm
really?
cool!

the new soldat has awesome options!

N1nj@
June 16, 2003, 10:06 pm
didn't you say it doesn't work for you, Evolution?

Ardaen
June 17, 2003, 2:12 am
Hmmm, after playing for a few days I'd have to say I dont find the chainsaw to be such a bad thing. People just have to learn howto deal with it. [:)] My only problem with the chainsaw is why does it recoil when fired in realistic mode?* If it was gonna recoil shouldnt it be more up and down instead of the usual just up?

The other big thing I've noticed about the new version, and other people seem to agree with me, is that it has a problem with lag spikes. It seems like the game is sending even more data and losing even more (the only server I havent run into this on is DNAGames But thats only one server). These lag spikes become increadibly annoying (for most servers they seem to occure when 5+ people are connected) players freeze, objects such as bullets and grenades dissapear, and antilag disables. Try aiming when you have antilag randomly 50% of the time! Do I lead my shot or not?

*Speaking of that, why do bullets push what they hit harder than they push the person who fires? How does it make sense that a guy with a machinegun can fly forward firing and push others back who fly forward with the same force?

NuZZ
June 17, 2003, 7:22 am
mmmm,yeah.... had it 4 a day... Its very nice , didn't add stationary, im disappointed about that but, overall, it took the rest of the requests down... good work mich

muzzmastah
June 17, 2003, 7:35 pm
I don't get how you guys thought the LAW was a police axe, etc. Maybe just because I already knew what LAW stands for (Light Anti-tank Weapon). It didn't strike you that it might be some sort of bazooka?

By the way, boogie man's usually just cannon fodder for me. Maybe that's because I play on realistic....?

1.1.4 is maaaaad cool.

N1nj@
June 18, 2003, 4:45 pm
they were just joking around. or they are not so intelligent like you muzzmastah

Ardaen
June 20, 2003, 2:21 pm
Its all good [^]
The antilag isnt perfect but what is [:D] atleast we got it now!
And remember, if I shoot you do this: [:)][:-bigeyes2][:-bigeyes][:-scared][:-timebm][:-bulb][:-skull]

(Chainsaw: fair in DM ban from CTF!)

coolsi
June 23, 2003, 10:38 am
Actually, the antilag sucks. Me and a number of other people have found the game much worse and laggier since the new patch has been introduced with the so called antilag system...

Vylan
June 24, 2003, 9:56 pm
Very nice version !
How incredible to use the Law !!!

But I've a problem, my computer boot randomly during the game with this error :
"Unhandle exeption c0000005
At adress 100016b8"

Arrgh !

DNA.styx
June 24, 2003, 11:30 pm
Vylan, see the bugs forum for possible fixes for this problem. Post there is you still have problems

Vylan
June 25, 2003, 7:40 am
Oops, sorry ! :p

Omenalimonadi-
July 1, 2003, 1:23 pm
Barret is still too powerful.

N1nj@
July 1, 2003, 4:13 pm
no is not, is the same thing as 1.1.3 dude.

Cr4cK
July 2, 2003, 8:42 am
it kills

Omenalimonadi-
July 5, 2003, 10:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@
no is not, is the same thing as 1.1.3 dude.

Yeh, i know. And it was too powerful in that time too.

mikaelgg50
July 8, 2003, 2:15 pm
its a [:-censored]ing sniper it kills on one shot like in all other games... daaa

BManx2000
July 8, 2003, 5:09 pm
I smell a flame war coming...

N1nj@
July 8, 2003, 5:18 pm
Omenalimonadi-, no is not. ffs is not too powerful.

Omenalimonadi-
July 9, 2003, 3:48 pm
Omenalimonadi-, no is not. ffs is not too powerful.

I prefer fds.

N1nj@
July 9, 2003, 3:59 pm
whats fds?

Omenalimonadi-
July 9, 2003, 4:07 pm
whats fds?

For Ducks Sake!

SpecialK
September 13, 2003, 3:55 pm
Good job , Michal

TIR_Blade
September 13, 2003, 3:57 pm
a bit late there dude this post is long dead.