( search forums )
Survior Mode Suggestions
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Darkhand
June 13, 2003, 1:42 am
When I'm dead in survivor mode I only want to view the living people. Not corpses lying around :) Can this please be added in the next version? :)

Also when you win a round of survivor your whole team should get points. I think that would be really awesome.

Thanks!

Darkhand
June 14, 2003, 6:50 am
quote:Originally posted by b00stA
Well actually it's good seeing the the corpses, so you know who is dead, eh?

Keep this.

What good does knowing who is dead do when you are dead? Also think of the majority of FPS games (Quake 3, Unreal, Half-Life,CS). When you die you spectate living people or respawn. There is "click here to watch the body rot" option. Why you ask? Because it's about as interesting as watching paint dry.

xXShavoXx
June 14, 2003, 7:35 am
People play survivor mode?! Woah...

Darkhand
June 14, 2003, 8:40 am
quote:Originally posted by xXShavoXx
People play survivor mode?! Woah...

I play with realism mode on too!

When I play with Survivor and Realism it reminds me of Action Quake except 2d, so it's a lot of fun :)

turkey1234
June 14, 2003, 1:41 pm
survivor mode and realism rocks! It makes the game alot funner

b00stA
June 14, 2003, 2:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by Darkhand
quote:Originally posted by b00stA
Well actually it's good seeing the the corpses, so you know who is dead, eh?

Keep this.

What good does knowing who is dead do when you are dead? Also think of the majority of FPS games (Quake 3, Unreal, Half-Life,CS). When you die you spectate living people or respawn. There is "click here to watch the body rot" option. Why you ask? Because it's about as interesting as watching paint dry.

Shall we copy more than we actually need?

I think it's nice how it is right now, especially in team games because you know WHO will spawn with you and you can see the people around the corpses so you know where your enemy is.

xXShavoXx
June 14, 2003, 6:02 pm
I dunno, I always though Soldat was a little to fast-paced for Survival mode... I guess I'll check it out and see what I have been missing after work. [:p]

gi.joe
June 15, 2003, 8:02 am
good point..... yes watchin the corpses rot is about as helpful as sticking you finger up your ass.. it provides you with no real useful info and noone would like to waste their time when they cud be viewin the action out on the battlefield.

Angel O Death
June 15, 2003, 10:11 am
Agreed. I hate having to click though all those dead bodies just to see the action!

b00stA
June 15, 2003, 11:48 am
I have a compromise: Make a setting where you can decide wether to jump/ignore corpses or not.
This is for all game modes (because I think it's useful for CTF/Inf.).

Otherwise, sorry, because I didn't really think of the survival aspect [:-sly]

so what do you think.. implement this option/setting?