( search forums )
What do you think of the chainsaw?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
blan
June 13, 2003, 4:45 am
Give me your opinion on this new little gem. Seems to be the talk of the town now!

Azasel
June 13, 2003, 4:55 am
Easy, too strongt, but with m79 maybe you can do something against

sniper also.

It's my opinion

mr_bob
June 13, 2003, 5:37 am
well i just ran a server for about 30mins and all they were saying is that they should get rid of the chain saw and stuff like that

Tha Doggfather
June 13, 2003, 5:48 am
yeah everyone is using it, it sucks... i mean i can avoid one n00b with a chainsaw but not a whole team! its wayy too powerful. id say let the chainsaw people run twice as slow as the rest, that would be fair, or make it a powerup like the flamegod.

i think one thing is obvious: i cant go on like this!

Social Poison
June 13, 2003, 5:53 am
I've seen the same as Bob. I just spent some time in a server and not to many ppl were happy with it. Though I see the point that Duke made... the problem it's WAY too easy to rape tons of ppl with. I've never gotten a masta killa with anything but nades (except in Zombie kill/Realistic servers). I did it in my first run with the chainsaw. And Ill said it best, "I feel like a n00b."

I think it should be turned into a "Chainsaw Massacre" powerup. Kinda like flame god... except turn the imortality thing back on (hasn't worked in a while).

The combat knife takes a little more skill but it still 1 hit 1 kill (I think). So pull the chainsaw leave the knife and we're all set.

xXShavoXx
June 13, 2003, 6:07 am
Yeah, you know that there is something wrong when people are using this as thier primary weapon. Like Dogg said, it's hardly a big deal when there is one using it, but when you have a whole army off uber l337 chainsawers, it's a totally different story. Besides that, the sounds are awfully annoying (when there are lots of them that is). Either turn it into a powerup, decrease the speed of the player equipped with it, maybe make it to where they aren't allowed to jump with it equipped, or just get rid of it all together.

Also, we really need to do something about this anti-lag, it's starting to depress the hell out of me..

mat
June 13, 2003, 6:38 am
decrease the speed of the player? really? and what about the minigun? u should be crawling with it.

powerup? nah... u got the flame god there... it's ok...

aren't allowed to jump with it? come on... u jump with the sniper and shoot from air... still unconvinced...

---

and... really guys... u cannot kill a chainsawer? damn easy... I would say that the chainsaw is the no.1 anti-n00b weapon [:D]

eventually a good ideea would be to make it overheat after 5 or 7 seconds, and wait till it's overheated... about 3 or 5sec max...

TheOnion
June 13, 2003, 10:41 am
Think mat has the most logical idea of all.
Hell, even Ash didn't have it running constanly... and it was strapped to his arm

TheKnightoftheMare
June 13, 2003, 10:55 am
its alot easier to kill with the chainsaw then with the knife, so whats the point of having both if they do the same?besides the 'cool' factor.

F@NTOM
June 13, 2003, 12:34 pm
I don't understand why people complain about the chainsaw, it is powerful as it should be but it is still a closerange weapon.

TheKnightoftheMare
June 13, 2003, 12:49 pm
I think people are complaing because of gangs of chainsaws, and after 2weeks only new people will be doing this cause after the chainsaw people start getting owned bad they will switch back to guns.the chainsaw is just another element to the game.its fine the way it is, no point of nerfing it.If michal is going to change it , lets hope he doesnt make it useless.

Xorax
June 13, 2003, 1:19 pm
Lmao, chainsaw is best thing added to soldat yet =p

Just cause you guys dont like it, doesn't mean Michal have to get rid of it... Just join server without chainsaw's :)

CHAINSAW!! >:)

Tribal
June 13, 2003, 3:46 pm
Well I just think it completely defeats the purpose of using the combat knife. In my opinion the chainsaw should be deleted. Yea sure its funny and entertaining ..but it just isnt necessary. The combat knife should deffinately stay.
Also, not only does ONE chainsaw sound annoying...but the sound of 5 people using it makes my ears bleed :\.

Peelo
June 13, 2003, 4:09 pm
chainsaw suck i want it out of the whole game because all are running with that hand all the time hate it

GermanME
June 13, 2003, 4:10 pm
The Chainsaw is fun, but the sound realy goes on my nerves.

b00stA
June 13, 2003, 5:52 pm
Where's the skill? Gone?

We tried to tolerate Minigun spammers, nade spammers, base campers, spawn campers etc.

but the Chainsaw either should LEAVE, weakened AND/OR with a over-heating time.

TheKnightoftheMare
June 13, 2003, 6:24 pm
all those things you said boosta can be countered.Why is it when someone doesnt like a strat they bitch and moan till it gets removed?

b00stA
June 13, 2003, 6:34 pm
Ok, keep it like it is, but it'll be hard finding nice servers.

Have fun.

ada89
June 13, 2003, 6:35 pm
how about....something like this:

U need to do something to unlock the chainsaw

U need to get double kill to unlock it

after u use it x10, u need to reapeat the method as above

or need to kill 5 people and u will unlock it for 1/2 round then repeat the method

and michal will add another cool weapon like nuclear if u get masta killa.....or killl 100 people in a round...lol...

b00stA
June 13, 2003, 6:37 pm
ada89, sounds nice to me.

TheKnightoftheMare
June 13, 2003, 6:39 pm
I have yet to get owned by a chainsaw, its just too damn easy to kill the morons running around with them.Why is everyone bitching?

enjoyincubus
June 13, 2003, 7:05 pm
Same with me. I've been killed once by them...how hard is it to stay away from someone? Or better yet, take that gun in your hand and put it to use....problem is solved...

Why is everyone complaining? The minigun is a better weapon than the chainsaw. When the chainsaw grows to be 20 feet long, then I'll be worried. But there's no problem now...

Enjoy

-RaveN`tP-
June 13, 2003, 7:14 pm
Yeah, Chainsaw is evil, but why should it be removed?
I don't use it, coz i prefer guns, but i think its kinda nice.
And the Sound is very impoertant, otherwise you could very easily camp in the high grass without being noticed

My Opinion: Leave it like that, learn to boost away those little lumberjacks :D

kevith
June 13, 2003, 7:32 pm
the lack of sound is the big difference between the combat knife and the chainsaw. The knife makes no sound...it'd be a great weapon for a predator. It is a little harder to hit somebody with though.

ada89
June 13, 2003, 7:35 pm
Yeah, we all know that.....but it will not make the secondary weapon balance :( .....sad knife

Retribution
June 13, 2003, 9:56 pm
I have yet to be killed by a noob Chainsaw.I just use my favorite weapon (m79) jump when I spawn and kick their asses ^^ simple as that 1 good hit and no more noober ^^

ada89
June 13, 2003, 10:18 pm
no more noober.....???...bleh

SERIAL KILLeR
June 13, 2003, 11:34 pm
An other difference is that if u pass some1 with an chainsaw u are dead.
But this isnt with the knife so the knife is pretty useless in comparison to the chainsaw.
And Did u know that u can even use ur primary weapon for close combat.
U can bash to death and/or kick his weapon out of his hands with the primary weapons if u are standing close.

dark_skull66
June 14, 2003, 1:18 am
I have already mastered this new weapon same with LAW and Knife! NO ONE CAN STOP ME!

CHAIN SAW OWNZ UR ASS!!!!!!!

Social Poison
June 14, 2003, 1:21 am
The more and more I play the new version the less and less the chainsaw is some "overwhelming factor" in the fight. I just pop up and unload a couple of spas shots.

I admit it... it's a fun weapon to use... and you really don't get killed by it THAT often... I'm still getting reamed by Barrets :P (new reload time for them, I noticed).

So eh... I really don't care all that much... just part of the game. It does however defeat the purpose of a combat knife. I'm tellin' ya... throwing knifes... it'd be great.

EvilLaugh
June 14, 2003, 1:42 am
quote:Originally posted by TheKnightoftheMare
I have yet to get owned by a chainsaw, its just too damn easy to kill the morons running around with them.Why is everyone bitching?

Yeah but it's been proven that you only ever play with n00bs.

Social Poison
June 14, 2003, 2:28 am
Score one EvilLaugh!

TheKnightoftheMare
June 14, 2003, 3:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by EvilLaugh

if your go great, how about you duel me?

xXShavoXx
June 14, 2003, 5:28 pm
Yeah I recently tried using the knife against people using a chainsaw on Enjoyincubus' dedicated server. Everytime I met up with a chainsawer, I was quickly disposed of. Not a big deal really, I usually just go with the SOCOMs anyways. [:P]

Shiv
June 14, 2003, 7:56 pm
Well, after 8 hours straight of playin.. err.. testing the new Soldat patch.. I quite simply have to say that I hate the chainsaw. It's not the sound that bothers me, it's the instakill factor. And I find it funny that none of you are taking into consideration that they have ANOTHER weapon, so they're not stupidly running around if they know what they're doing. Have you SEEN a skilled person with a chainsaw and a barret? If you think barrets are nasty, just wait til you run into one of these people.

I personally really like the converting it to a powerup idea. I mean, what do we have so far? Health, grenades, cluster grenades, armor, predator, and flame god. Flame god is.. um.. near useless, in my opinion, but the others are all nice. Chainsaw Massacre, as someone suggested earlier, would be a great addition to this group. Maybe instead of invulnerability you get 2 points per kill instead of 1. And 3x for every consecutive kill (DK, MK , MKx2, etc)? That might be overdoing it. But I think 2x points using the chainsaw would be great, might have to increase the character's movement, but everyone seems to do just fine ripping things to shreads as it is.

As far as LAW vs Chainsaw goes, the Chainsaw wins, hands down. Zero reload time, easier to target (how hard is it to miss when they're inches away from you?), ability to roam, etc. The LAW just seems clunky.

Okay. Now to check the other thread. No, I have no life.

Duke33
June 15, 2003, 12:31 am
Yeah......thank you there doggfatha.....christ man, why the hell did you have to say that? No point....anyway, i think that now, after playing a whole bunch this morning, i have changed my opinion. chainsaw actualy sucks. Ya, if ur dumb enough to go right beside a guy with one, then ull die, but just jump over him and shoot him with a barret or m79 and thats that. Honestly, it is fine. I thought it was overpowered, and the powerup idea is good, but it should not be thrown away. It is acutally fine. So, i go with my idea e)

Inzurrection
June 15, 2003, 8:19 am
quote:Originally posted by xXShavoXx

When was the last time a soldier became invincible as he wielded a flamethrower? Or when was the last time he spat out blood from every pour in his body giving him super-strength as rocketed towards the sky with his jet boots dueling another soldier with invisiblity and a giant minigun? I think you get my point...

yer yer i get what you mean, but apart from the minigun which is obviously unrealistic, and jet boots, technically are kinda realistic, we do have Jet packs these days, (i forget the name of them), they are al bonues powerups, all the other weapons exist in modern warfare,

what i mean, apart from minigun once again, is that u DO NOT take a chainsaw to war and use it as ur weapon, unles u were a lumberjack, going to war against the nearest village,[:D]

this topic will always be divided and probably remain unchanged, but i would still like to see the chainsaw removed, or at the least nerfed a bit,

Scope

TheKnightoftheMare
June 15, 2003, 2:02 pm
lol evil laught didnt answer....

Tribal
June 16, 2003, 3:05 pm
Ok listen boys. One thing I've learned in life is that COMPRIMISING can get you through ANY kind of disagreement. So based on what you've all mentioned in this thread I've come to this conclusion

Chainsaw:
It's simple, it needs to be changed. Some people like using it, others hate watching people use it. So what we have to do is KEEP the chainsaw, but adding a disadvantage other than its short range. For instance ..reload time, or non-instant kill, or changed to power-up only (etc). We all need to be winners on what the outcome of the chainsaw is. There's a handfull of ways that we can keep the chainsaw yet balance its abilities so that everyone is happy.

End Note: The Combat Knife is next to useless compared to the chainsaw. I suggest adding a quality for exmaple:
Throwing the knife (as an attack) a very short distance rather than it being dropped when you hit "F" key.

marabu
June 16, 2003, 3:13 pm
Especially nice is to find someone with predator AND chain :(

Tribal
June 16, 2003, 4:18 pm
^^^ lol.

SpecialK
June 16, 2003, 5:56 pm
How smaller the maps...(like Ctf_voland, Ctf_viet...) the more you will be involved in close combats...
Yes, the weapon is to strong for close combats, but with some more 'fighting-space' your opponent will look very "noobish" when you use a long distance weapon or the obtained room...

Try by example a 1 vs 1 fight between a chainsaw-soldier and a fist-soldier ... you'll soon notice how important space is ... (especially with the 'Jet-option')...

b00stA
June 16, 2003, 6:49 pm
Thanks Tribal, I'm glad you summarized everything.. I hope Michal gets to see this.
You might email this to Michal. dunno

Tribal
June 16, 2003, 9:38 pm
Fo sho bOOstA! :).

Duke33
June 17, 2003, 12:50 am
I agree. I think that a 5 second reload should be made. Keep the instant kill, and then just make the reload time. Anyway, as it is now, chainsawers are quite easy to defeat. As someone said, just get a barret, and shoot them. Simple. They cant do much about it, except try to get closer, which they cant do if they're dead.

Anyway, hey tribal, you havent been on tons lately. Or is it just me?

Tribal
June 17, 2003, 4:06 am
^^^ Did you mean in the Forums or in Soldat?? lol. If you meant the forums then yea I havent really been on since the past few months. I was really busy with school but I graduated so now Im back in the forums lol.

ZeroWingZero
June 17, 2003, 11:47 pm
How powerfull can a chainsaw be? I mean, unless you are really bad at moving or just staying still, how are you leting them close in?
I bet that in any 1v1, a gun would beat a chainsawer anyday, how hard is it to leap, fly and keep shooting at the guy who can't shoot back?

ada89
June 18, 2003, 12:24 am
^^^^if u play with a good player that also use chainsaw, he will probably use weapon like m79, barret and such...first, then, when he get closer to u, he change his wepoan to chainsaw and just run past u...and ur head gone...chainsaw is really powerFULL for a SECONDARY weapon...REALLY....Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Powerfull....heh..

ZeroWingZero
June 18, 2003, 4:58 am
If anything, the most it needs is a wind up time, like the mini, because reading these posts, the average soldat player can't seem to deal with it. I find it fine to dodge, and easy to use, perhaps too easy for new players...

EvilLaugh
June 18, 2003, 5:34 am
Its a real f*ckin shame that so many of you people need too complain about the chainsaw. It's as cheap as the barret in my opinion, so dont complain about it and not the barret too.
As for the knife. Do what tribal said.

EvilLaugh
June 18, 2003, 5:38 am
quote:Originally posted by EvilLaugh

if your go great, how about you duel me?

I suxor at the dueling, I'm better in a grouped DM rather than one on one anyway.

TheKnightoftheMare
June 18, 2003, 4:30 pm
hahahaha, as I thought.

Tribal
June 19, 2003, 12:47 am
^^^ Oh look at you boys! Tee hee!!

EvilLaugh
June 19, 2003, 5:47 am
What would you do anyway Knight, mid air shoot me with your barret skillz?!

JayBDey
June 19, 2003, 6:45 am
Barret should be like the LAW, only firing when crouched or prone.

As for the chainsaw, it should be a power up.

EvilLaugh
June 19, 2003, 12:15 pm
The LAW is so much fun to use. Its just a shame about its reload time.

sqweek
June 19, 2003, 4:13 pm
The problem I have with the chainsaw is the lack of skill involved... Well, that's not entirely accurate. It takes a certain amount of skill to get close enough to kill someone with the chainsaw, but compare that with the combat knife, where you actually have to time your strike.
I'm in favour of having a reload time (and possibly reducing the ammo?) on the chainsaw, or reducing the speed of the player while they're spinning it or... just something so you can't simply hold down the fire button and run around and expect to get any decent amount of kills.
(OTOH, stabbing a chainsawer with the combat knife. THAT's satisfying :p)

TheKnightoftheMare
June 19, 2003, 5:40 pm
never use barret, but I would own you with the knife.

EvilLaugh
June 19, 2003, 9:54 pm
You bring your knife, I bring my cardboard tube mod

GluLm
June 19, 2003, 11:12 pm
The chainsaw is way TOO powerful in my opinion! >_<

Tribal
June 20, 2003, 12:41 am
I'm just wondering KnightOfTheMare ....why you put your Snorland score in your signature. As if that score is "leet" or somthing?

TheKnightoftheMare
June 20, 2003, 8:29 pm
because before it crashed I was doing to keep track of it.

Mad Frog
June 21, 2003, 10:34 am
Chainsaw is too powerful!!
Ban it!!

mMm... thinking about using it as first weapon...

Knuckles
June 21, 2003, 10:36 am
It's easy and bloody, but if you are running with the chainsaw, trying to kill one player and he shot you :P

Tribal
June 21, 2003, 2:46 pm
LOL!
Tai, what in the WORLD ...are you talking about? That guy was simply expressing his opinion about the chainsaw. He thinks "it sucks". How the HELL does that make him immature? You can't be immature for having an opinion Tai. I think it's you who is being a bit immature by calling him a "crybaby" and putting him down for having an opinion. Aaaanyways...

Doesn't anyone find the chainsaw a bit....Corny? Tacky? Panzy? I mean..I do haha. That's one of the reasons I don't like it, it makes the game feel more...hm.."childish" I suppose. The weapon its self feels like more of a "joke" kind of a thing...you know what mean? Anyone feel me?? Meh ..oh well I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore, I'm just gunna go now :( lol.

z4o
June 21, 2003, 2:46 pm
Yea, last time I checked soldiers didnt carry around chainsaws, and from what I can see, Soldat is based on soldiers...[V]

BManx2000
June 21, 2003, 4:51 pm
... with jetboots and miniguns [:p]

Liam
June 21, 2003, 8:10 pm
I would have to agree with Tribal. I was sort of disappointed to see something as blatant and 'cartoonish' as a chainsaw make its way into an otherwise grim and semi-realistic setting. If another secondary weapon was needed, why not just add a different type of pistol to complement the other one? Oh, well ... for now, my LAN mates and I just totally ignore its existence (we tried to change it into a stun baton to maintain realism, but I've never seen a self-defense weapon turn someone into a fine, edible paste so quickly).

mak89gt
June 21, 2003, 9:17 pm
man, in version 1.0.5b, they talk was about nades, miniguns, etc. we got used to it. you guys will get used to it soon.
make a server without chainsaw if you want.

b00stA
June 21, 2003, 9:57 pm
mak89gt: Server without a chainsaw is not possible right now.. you could disable all secondary weapons, but that'd suck :/ or just warn (kick) everybody that uses them inappropiate (spawn-killing..).

Mad Frog
June 22, 2003, 7:33 pm
I was joking asking chainsaw's ban, i like it!! :D

SpartacuS4X
June 22, 2003, 7:48 pm
Finally a weapon to counter the one-shot-kill M79 and Barret. The chainsaw is a nice addition to Soldat 1.1.4. As others have noted, you have to be right next to the person in order to kill them, unlike the M79 or long-range Barret. There's one point many of you are missing in all this - you can use the chainsaw too! There's nothing preventing you from using it, so go right ahead.

redwyng
June 22, 2003, 11:38 pm
It's the simple matter that the chainsaw is MUCH better than the combat knife that is the problem. Sure, the chainsaw is not particularly overpowered (except for spawn killing), but it is better than the combat knife on every level (continuous fire and you can AIM with it). If it had a reload time and didn't insta-kill (though it should take less than a second to kill someone) it would probably be reasonably balanced with the knife.

Tai
June 23, 2003, 1:06 am
quote:Originally posted by SpartacuS4X
Finally a weapon to counter the one-shot-kill M79 and Barret. The chainsaw is a nice addition to Soldat 1.1.4. As others have noted, you have to be right next to the person in order to kill them, unlike the M79 or long-range Barret. There's one point many of you are missing in all this - you can use the chainsaw too! There's nothing preventing you from using it, so go right ahead.

You moron, it takes skill to use the M79 or Barret! SKILLZ! SKILLZ!

GameKnut
June 23, 2003, 1:41 am
What Tai and redwyng said.

For those of you that use the 'You can hear it a mile away' argument, you can't, often, for the simple reason that there are guns being fired, grenades exploding, and gibs flying, making it hard to hear the quiet (in comparison) chainsaw waiting to get close to someone...

Lower the 'clip' on the chainsaw to 50 or 100, and give it an actual reload time. Maybe weaken it to half damage per hit.

SpartacuS4X
June 23, 2003, 2:40 am
quote:You moron, it takes skill to use the M79 or Barret! SKILLZ! SKILLZ!

First off, I'm not a moron.

Secondly, I beg to differ with regards to the M79. If you use any of the MGs in Soldat, you have to precisely hit the person multiple times in order to kill them. If you are using the M79 all you need to kill someone is a single shot in the general vicinity of the person. Honestly, what "SKILLZ" does that require?

sqweek
June 23, 2003, 3:41 pm
The MG bullets all have a higher velocity than the M79 though. And if there's any flying going on (there should be :P) you need to hit them directly with the M79, or wait until they land (in the meantime getting shot)

BManx2000
June 23, 2003, 6:43 pm

Secondly, I beg to differ with regards to the M79. If you use any of the MGs in Soldat, you have to precisely hit the person multiple times in order to kill them. If you are using the M79 all you need to kill someone is a single shot in the general vicinity of the person. Honestly, what "SKILLZ" does that require?

Maybe your argument would be valid if the M79 grenade traveled in a straight line, but it doesn't. It also doesn't kill in one hit a person with full health unless it directly hits them - the splash damage is NOT a one-hit kill. Hitting a moving target directly with a bullet that arcs and travels somewhat slowly is the hardest thing in soldat. Honestly, have you ever actually used it?

Beatuatgames
June 25, 2003, 4:05 am
Cainsaw suxs but once i got a multi x4 whith it

Tai
June 25, 2003, 5:09 am

Just STFU. You're post just shows you have absolutely NO understanding of the M79 whatsoever. You are obviously one of those retarded-looking morons who just stand in one place, as people fly over them and blow them to about..a zillion pieces. I second BManx2000's last sentence in his latest port, which asked if you ever actually used M79. I don't think you did, since people might have been blowing you up with it approxmatitely a trillion times. Then you just thought it was a noob's weapon. But you know what? You've just been encountering people who are way better than you and actually have the SKILL to use the m79. Dude..that's just sad. Actually post again when you've tried the m79 OR gained some skill!

SpartacuS4X
June 25, 2003, 7:25 pm
BManx2000 - I understand what you are saying and agree with your statements, but I still dislike the M79 for my own personal reasons.

Tai - First off, you really need to calm down. We're talking about a gun in a freakin game here. My post does not show my lack of knowledge about how to use the M79. I am not "one of those retarded looking morons who just stands in one place as people fly over them and blow them to..." blah blah blah whatever you said. You are incorrect in thinking that I have never used the M79. I have used it on a number of occasions. I have been playing Soldat for quite some time now and am quite skillful.

Since you seem to be so good at reading information into people's posts that does not exist, I'll give it a try at your post.

First, you are all talk. I've read several of your posts in this forum and you seem to whine on a frequent basis. Second, how long have you been playing Soldat? I'd guess about a ZILLION years, yes? Third and finally, you are insecure about your lack of ability to succeed at playing Soldat (in case you didn't get that, that means you're not very good).

Oh and uh dude...your just sad.

BManx2000
June 25, 2003, 10:25 pm
Notice how he tries to cover his butt with insults, but does not make an actual argument regarding the M79 itself...
The only reason I can think of that somebody would hate a weapon in soldat is because they cannot use it and are frustrated by the people who own them with it. Or maybe you think of it as unbalanced because it is a one-shot kill, in which case you can take it up with Michal. He has been carefully balancing the weapons since the beginning of soldat, and I doubt your puny opinion will matter much to him. If it is neither of these reasons, then perhaps you will tell us these "personal reasons".

SpartacuS4X
June 25, 2003, 10:59 pm
I'm trying to cover my butt with insults?! I think you are mistaking me with Tai. I've stayed calm throughout this "battle of the wits." And yes, perhaps I am slightly upset over the people who "own" me with the M79 round after round after round after round. That would make anyone a little frustrated, especially when you are emptying clip after clip into the guy and he doesn't die, he fires one shot and your dead. In my opinion the M79 is just a cheap way to get a kill...there, happy? And maybe, if I'm so motivated, will take it up with Michal...why should you be so concerned since my opinion is so puny? And fyi, your opinion is as puny as mine buddy.

ARagerCool
June 25, 2003, 11:40 pm
Wow, good for you guys that can own with guns that have one shot kills. Well, try owning with a steyr aug, cuz i can. I think it takes more skill to have to hit an opponent a number of times rather than just once. SO for those of you that use the m79 or are one of those lazy snipers, you guys are, in the words of Strong Bad, TOTAL LOSERS. That is all.

BManx2000
June 26, 2003, 12:08 am
I can see this is going nowhere, so I'm not going to waste any more brain cells on you. But, you can read this post by Starscream66 if you want...

The M79 has more handicaps than any other weapon in Soldat.
1) Very short range.
2) Very high arc.
3) extremly hard to aim at mid to "long" range.
4) Way slow reload time eclipsed only by the Barret and Minigun.
5) only has one shot before said long ass reload.
6) VERY suseptible to lag issues. (the now classic no damage shot to the face)
7) Only weapon besides grenades that can be self inflicted. (kill yourself)
8) Looked down apon as a Noob weapon by people who are getting fragged by it.
9) Chances of a so called "spawn kill" greatly increased due to the fact that it must be loaded after spawn. (barret as well)
10) Not always the best choice on small maps or really full servers because of the whole "spawn kill" factor.

SpartacuS4X
June 26, 2003, 1:16 am
Apparently you had a momentary memory lapse of some kind and forgot how to read. All of those quotes of mine that you were so kind to repeat were in response to your rather rude remarks towards me. Perhaps in the future you could avoid arguments such as this by choosing your words more wisely.

And whoop diddly doo for your Desert Eagles skills.

I read BManx2000's quote, as you suggested, and I'm not admitting I am wrong because I'm flatout not wrong. How could a person's own feelings be wrong?

That is yet another reason why I'm with BManx200's idea: drop it already. I have better things to do than bicker over a gun in some game.

signless
June 29, 2003, 9:56 am
Yeah, I just caught ZeroWingZero above, a start up time would be good, make them pull-start it before it goes.

Tai
June 29, 2003, 1:50 pm
I don't like 3(in your suggestions of importance) OR problem number 4 (apart from the fact they're the same thing). If you really want realistic, that's how it is in real life. There's a reason kids (like me, 13) shouldn't be around the mower of a lawn mower or something that can cut you up like the chainsaw. They can KILL you quite QUICKLY if you're too close to them!! Then you're poor parents would probably have a big mess to clean up. So what if a soldat can take a shotgun blast in the face? A chainsaw can MAULER his face!!! Lol. Chainsaw should stay a one-hit kill. I'm not sure if a chainsaw really does reloading or not in real life (since I haven't tried one), and I don't know if it uses "gas", but I suppose putting a reload is good.

sneaky
June 29, 2003, 3:09 pm
I like the chainsaw a lot.I always have it as secundary weapon.Primairy mostly the Barret

CM.Hawkins
June 29, 2003, 3:37 pm
I HATE IT!

I DONT HAVE ANYTHING ELSE 2 SAY!

N1nj@
June 29, 2003, 3:54 pm
CM.Hawkins: stop writing in CAPS! Both your 1st and 2nd post are all writen in CAPS.

mikaelgg50
June 30, 2003, 2:35 pm
the chainsaw is made for spawnkillers(LOSERS) and that SUCKS!!!

mikaelgg50
June 30, 2003, 2:37 pm
the chainsaw is made for spawnkillers(LOSERS) and that SUCKS!!!

3rd_account
June 30, 2003, 3:38 pm
If all players were invincible for a few seconds after spawning then spawnkilling with chainsaw would be less effective.

Tai
June 30, 2003, 4:26 pm
they are. only for one second. :)

mikaelgg50
July 1, 2003, 5:05 pm
swe är bäst... elr hur...

ClanKwH
July 8, 2003, 12:25 pm
CHAINSAW IS GOD! its funny then people get angry because you spawn kill them :P