Tha Doggfather
June 13, 2003, 5:49 am
yeah that would be a great improvement

mr_bob
June 13, 2003, 5:53 am
yeah i think so also but i dont really use it so i really dont care right now

mat
June 13, 2003, 6:44 am
what about using a same thread for one discussion???

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=4614

G2KT
June 13, 2003, 6:52 am
I like the chainsaw.?

What about makeing a place in the server option menu where you can check and uncheck which secondary weapons the server wants to be available.?

BeTeL
June 13, 2003, 10:11 am
the chainsaw is just used as a spawnkilling weapon! loose it and spare the knife

Social Poison
June 14, 2003, 1:42 am
D*ammit Dark Skull... I've read like... 12 of your posts today and none of them.. NONE of them gave even the slightest resemblence to an intelligent thought. Come on man. Try something that won't raise your post count.

"I ROXXOR WID CHAINSAW"

geez...

enjoyincubus
June 14, 2003, 1:52 am
Hey...I have an idea! How about we just shut up about "awww the chainsaw cut me!" topics and just play the damn game! This is getting out of control. If you don't like the chainsaw, then I'm sorry, but you didn't make this game. So either pick up a programming language and do your own games, leave Soldat, or get used to it. Your incessant whining gets you nowhere. The sooner you realize this, the better. Did Michal listen to your cries to put ctf_kampf or ctf_death back in? Did he listen to the 10 page stationary gun extravaganza? Did he listen to you people talking about mines or super modes? The answer (as I feel I will have to explain this) is NO. No, no, no. You are just making yourself look stupid...the only way that they will EVER EVER EVER leave is if Michal decides to get rid of them. I've already seen him say "you don't like the chainsaw? give yourself a week, and learn to shoot, and you'll get used to them." (not a direct quote, as you can tell).

Just wanted to point out that you are wasting your time and making yourself look bad with this "boo hoo hoo" [:-censored]. Grow up. Use that gun. See what happens when you pull the trigger...(or press the mouse key :P)

Enjoy

morpheus
June 14, 2003, 1:58 am
the thing that truly amazes me about this whole mess is the fact that several posts have been made for adding a chainsaw, and now, the same people who said, "yeah, great idea. add a chainsaw." are the same people who are whining about it.

personally i love the thing. not because i use it that much, but because whoever is using makes themselves an easy NON FIRING target.

G2KT
June 14, 2003, 2:20 am
I agree with enjoyincubus and morpheus. Quit bitching about the chainsaw and how its soooooooo unfair. jesus christ its only been like 2 days since the new version has been release. Some of you guy are [:-censored]ing whining cause you have to change your gameplay style just a little bit to counter the chainsaw. Omg people with chainsaws are really hard to kill. They're short range so shoot them, or carry a law and shoot them? I mean comeon is there really a reason to cry and throw a fit of something so small?

Duke33
June 14, 2003, 7:01 am
I have already voiced my opinion in the other thread on this. I do not bitch and say get rid of it, but i either think that some modifactions should be made, or since that is rather unlikely, just live with it.

Malen
June 14, 2003, 8:21 am
I agree that chainsaw users are easy pickings for an airborn shooter but there are no other weapons, not nades, not barret, not even M79 (maybe beserk minigun) that can wipe out a whole spawn point in less than a second.

My suggestion to Michael would be to change the chainsaw to something like how the flame god mode is ... make it a powerup ... not something that every noob can run around with ... the knife is lethal but you can't hold down the button and run through 6 people and be guaranteed to get them all. I think that the Ruger is a bit too lethal now too ... I like using it but you can literally stop a whole team of people with two Ruger users ... you can do it with DEagles too but not as easily ... two hits with Ruger ... dead.

I am enjoying the new stages ... tho the parachuting goes for too long on the new Inf stage.

Michael ... if you're reading this, how about changing the chainsaw into a powerup like flamegod, lower damage a bit on ruger and knife (I love what you've done with unarmed damage and "pistol whipping") remove the airborne LAW shooting bug ... any maybe put in a binoculars or head mounted vision thing (like the night sight scopes used in the Iraq war) ... gives someone the viewing of a barret when they change to 2nd weapon ... but maybe a bit further ... they will be unable to shoot so that stops them using binoculars and barret ... just suggestions.

morpheus
June 14, 2003, 8:57 am
quote:remove the airborne LAW shooting bug

read the manual

- Added possibility to go prone when running fast or off ground (stunts)

n/a
June 14, 2003, 11:33 am
i don't think it should be deleted. just the damge it causes should get put down. With the new verson we have too much "one shot - one kill-weapons" i guess. i think raising damge would make gameplay better.

(hate it: running through a bush "rrooar rrooar" - got killed)

m1nt ch3w
June 14, 2003, 11:46 am
Chainsaw is fine. It makes bot playing fun.

choco
June 14, 2003, 12:12 pm
heres an idea to stop all this frickin **** chainsaw reload 5 seconds ammo 50 lasts as long as an aug) and maybe half the damage if its still a masacre machine i think that would even out the gameplay a bit
and make ppl actualy wanna use the knife or m72 law

3rd_account
June 14, 2003, 8:49 pm
How about changing the chainsaw so it overheats after 200 rounds or whatever you call it, when it overheats it catches fire and automaticly atracts all the nuclear waste in the world and starts flying of to a distant galaxy... after 3,141592653 seconds you find yourself holding a magic dustbusters that creates tornados as primary weapon and pink blizzards as secondary... then you die.

You like?

wormdundee
June 14, 2003, 8:57 pm
interesting idea, i like!

3rd_account
June 14, 2003, 9:39 pm
No but seriously.. I consider myself as a "experienced chainsawer" so I use it more often then all the bloody primary weapons because it owns far to much.

And wait! There's a question to: Why can you select a Combat Knife? It's slower and not as powerful as the chainsaw. Someone pleeease tell me why you should chose Combat Knife instead.. it's driving me crazy and I ain't getting no sleep damit!!

BManx2000
June 14, 2003, 10:44 pm
Err... because it's quiter?

Captain_Jimbo
June 15, 2003, 12:30 am
In all honesty, I have to totally bow down to the Chainsaw and LAW additions. I can tell you right now, I freakin' hate that damn chainsaw on straitaway areas (especially the no-Jets level) but the only way they're getting me is during reloading. When a chainsawer is running at me full speed, all I've gotta do is crouch down with my gun and let fly at the sucker and he falls like a bag of bricks. It's a powerful weapon, but by no means unstoppable. It's actually made me improve my tactics against close range fighting. The only thing I would really suggest in matters of secondary is for the Combat Knife, which is being rarely used. I think it'd be cool to throw the sucker. Damage could be high, because once you throw, you'd be temporaraly unarmed. 3rd account said it perfectly, who would want to use it when it's slower and less powerful than the chainsaw?

Duke33
June 15, 2003, 12:56 am
Well, if they want to hide in a bush to assainate people, without the somwhat distintive 'rrooar rrooar, chugga chugga, rrooar rrooar' sound. But the throwing idea would be good.