( search forums )
Camouflage powerup, a good idea?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
R
June 15, 2003, 6:15 pm
i just had an idea that there could be a camouflage powerup in the game where once you get it, you change colors to the color of the enemy team, you would then be able to walk freely in the enemy base for the short amount of time. This powerup would also slow your walking speed so that you couldn't just run up and kill the whole team without them knowing you were there and allowing them to kill you.
The powerup might also just allow you to use a ussocom or something smaller so that you couldn't just go over and massacre the enemy team.
it would last about 20 seconds and the main purpose of it would be to get your flag back when the enemy is hiding in his own base.
Please post your comments here about the camouflage powerup and how it might be improved or used inside the game.
-R

TheKnightoftheMare
June 15, 2003, 6:32 pm
or just call it spy powerup, TFC sucks!

R
June 16, 2003, 3:37 am
yeah i am -=K4=- R and i didnt think of using it in dm, pm, or rambo, nice point. I just thought it would be a little bit more fun than being invisible but yeah good points everyone. I would just like to fool the other team so that they can plainly see me but wont shoot me instead of them not seeing me and then i just shoot them. hehe, i guess pred mode would be sufficient but maybe this could work if i changed it somehow...

morpheus
June 16, 2003, 5:38 am
if that were implemented, and i saw a "team mate" running back to the base without a flag, i'd shoot him.

R
June 16, 2003, 6:20 am
hehe great...

Dark_Noddy
October 8, 2003, 12:46 pm
lol ! I kinda Like the Idea :D In CTF or INF.. The Predator Bonus Could be replaced by it.. Maybe.. (Just to make it simple)

qazwertred
October 8, 2003, 2:50 pm
Pred is good as it is now but flamegod... It doesnt really matter if there is 2 "change look" bonuses.
This would add a paranoid feeling 2 the game [:D]

Spitzfiya
October 8, 2003, 2:59 pm
qazwertred, Cool Avatar!

Duke33
October 8, 2003, 3:51 pm
Man, this is an OLD thread. Hell, its back when i didnt know who R was. Christ.

Anyway, its a nice idea, but predator works. Nuff said.

ReDevil
October 8, 2003, 5:00 pm
15 jun? weirdo people

xXShavoXx
October 8, 2003, 7:57 pm
How about a powerup that transforms the player into a random scenery graphic!!!!! ;)

j/k ofcourse...

CardBoardWarrior
October 8, 2003, 8:27 pm
lol thats a great idea!! seriously

"dont shoot me im just a barrel i swear, la la la la la"

BManx2000
October 8, 2003, 10:59 pm
Yeah, like those old cartoons where they sneak around in a bush ^_^