( search forums )
someone cheats..........
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
osirisiriso
June 20, 2003, 4:11 pm
is anti cheat doesn't worked??y i still see someone use cheat in game?
than he was kicked

Vash
June 20, 2003, 5:10 pm
I saw what appeared to be someone cheating, but I'm not sure if it was cheating or some really weird lag phenomenon. It sounded like they were firing a barret at the same speed as an AK-74. It only lasted a few seconds, and he didn't kill anyone, so I just assumed it was weird lag.

wormdundee
June 20, 2003, 5:14 pm
what the, hey Vash, how you doing! your finally here, yay/... heh, anyways, i dont really think theres cheating in soldat anymore, just weird lag tricks that make the game go a bit insane sometimes

sauron_the_deceiver
June 20, 2003, 6:21 pm
Yeah it'll be the same lag thing that happens when someone parachutes down and about 20 parachutes fall off em.

Ardaen
June 20, 2003, 7:45 pm
Heh, next thing you know someone will figure out howto make a lagcheat [:p]

that fuking sniper
June 20, 2003, 11:41 pm
The only thing I saw close to cheating in 1.1.3 is in one DM server, you would have spawned with for grenades, then pick up a pack and would have 8 nades, I tried this several times, got in and out of the server, and checked again to insure its not lag............

But it didnt really bother me as it never posed an advantage for one player that the other couldnt have....

m1nt ch3w
June 21, 2003, 11:28 am
quote:Originally posted by Ardaen

Don't give them ideas! [:P]

Antaheim
June 21, 2003, 12:43 pm
I hate it when u get accused of cheating when u havn't done anything in the first place!
I was trying to explain to someone that he always missed me. He got bored of getting killed and left the server [:D]

But i reckon he had pretty bad lag, i was behind him and he was shooting the opposite way [:-dunce]

N1nj@
June 21, 2003, 1:38 pm
most likely is lag problems since it only last for few seconds and not a long period of time.

b00stA
June 21, 2003, 1:43 pm
Huh, Antaheim.. we just played on a Infiltration server, remember? :)

back on-topic: I have never experienced something like this.. have never been kicked for "supposedly" cheating and I believe you people that you dont cheat.. seems to be some weird lag problem ..

M
June 23, 2003, 5:15 pm
Yep i can see sometimes when some one throw a cluster nade everything explodes at the same time.

M
June 23, 2003, 5:16 pm
Yep i can see sometimes when some one throw a cluster nade everything explodes at the same time.

Nice guy with a gun
June 23, 2003, 9:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ardaen

funny how you would be the person to say that, ardy [;)]

Futile
June 23, 2003, 9:32 pm
Something wierd happened to me and a friend when we connected to a yet unknown server. We could use our jetpacks in lagrange. It was only for one turn though, then it was disabled again.

DonĀ“t think one can blame lag for that...

blazer
June 24, 2003, 3:03 am
i was once acussed of a cheat but lag problem i fired the law and it reloaded instantly it mighta been a bug tho not really sure

Nohbdy
June 24, 2003, 4:24 am
i had a weird lag problem similar to vash a guy was right behind me and he shot his barret at me and it fired like 5 or six times within 3 sec maybe but it didnt kill me. lag can do some pretty weird stuff.

Ardaen
June 24, 2003, 7:35 am
Nice Guy: What? Me think about cheats? Nawww. [:-mischievous] Not like I take cheaters as a challenge to make anti-cheats and anti-cheats as a challenge to make cheats!

Everyone else: 99% of the weird stuff you see now is lag. If it happens once or twice then never again, is very inconsistant or happens when things are really lagging, guess what? Its lag! Dont go on a witch [:-witch] hunt or anything because of bugs!

If there is no lag and they start flying through walls and firing 7 grenades at a time from a shotgun, its probably a cheat.

Kamikaze_Ninja
June 24, 2003, 3:52 pm
i got kick and banned from the DSL USA Server since 1.1.3 lol because i supposedly cheated i was owning them and they couldnt kill me right their like why doesnt my bullets hit him there is after all something called lag oh well never played much inf anyway its all about ctf :-)

Psilocybin
June 24, 2003, 4:10 pm
..ummm... i havent been accused of cheating in a while.. but its mostly n00bs who marvel at my skills :D lol....LMAO!!!!.. but yea i havent seen any cheats =\

Eguna
June 27, 2003, 12:35 am
hmm well i dont enter pubs very often, and never encountered any kind of cheats, but bunches of lag funnys tho :D indeed the frag grenade thingie that they all explode at once, gives uber effects when they explode very close to a person with low hp (gibs flyyyyyyy)

Outcast
June 27, 2003, 10:02 am
Why do ppl say theyve been accused of cheating so much, when I have been accused of cheating about 3 times in my whole soldat playing time...... Is it the servers you ppl go to or what :|

morpheus
June 27, 2003, 10:46 am
earlier tonight i was playing a guy and just royally killing him. when the game was something like 17 - 0, he asked if i was cheating. i said yes. he said please turn off your cheats. i said ok. a couple of minutes later he asked if i was cheating again. i said yes. he said please turn off your cheats. i said ok. it went on like this until the game finally ended.

m1nt ch3w
June 27, 2003, 12:50 pm
lol, funny

NuZZ
June 28, 2003, 2:42 am
i have been on a server (1.1.4) were some guy had like 50 Laws on him and they actually worked, we were all in amaze and he shot em all, we were all killed, totaly awsome in the experiance run, but thats some hardcore cheating, bloody bastid ended up with 140 kills in about 20 minutes and be the way he was aiming, we figured he was a freaking uinskilled looser with a nack of being gay.(i got 80 kills on him tho, so im better than a match to him with normal soldat...)

NuZZ
June 28, 2003, 2:44 am
Oh and do u know how, when lag makes a 40mm blow up into like 80 ofem, thats really and truly annoying!

Misse91
June 29, 2003, 11:38 am
i think hes only lagging

GestapO
June 29, 2003, 1:01 pm

It's true, lag causes weird situations ... But there are also a lot of bugs in soldat that allows you to cheat (like the easy map cheat)... The bugs are reported by Michal.
Just wait for the next update and hope it's les buggier...