( search forums )
remote admins & server stats on linux server
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
neter
June 21, 2003, 5:51 pm
Hi there,

I have a dedicated linux server running 1.1.3 soldat, my problems is to get the numbers of players currently playing.

Is there any way to get that other than to get into the servers' list (Lobby I mean)? My problem is that we live in Turkey and our uplinks are damaged by the earthquake happened near Algeria (and which caused Marocco <> Italy fiberlink to drop) and still doesn't function properly; so it will be a very slow connection if I get into server list and try to get my stats parsing xml. (It will be 3 times difficult as we have dm,tdm and ctf servers established.)

And also it seems very rediculous to me to parse my servers data from another server .) Because we already have a community who plays soldat, my concern is to know who is where ?

The rest is not so difficult, log files are just made to be parsed (thnx to maker .)) so I can easily parse them ...

I put my ip on remote.txt, restarted my server, connected to the game typed /addbot Billy but nothing happened ?? Is there any extra configuration that should make ? By the way, I see that, you made a ladder system for administrating on win systems, Is there any linux version of it ?

Thanks from now ..

Michal Marcinkowski
June 23, 2003, 11:44 am
Hi,
The dedicated server for 1.1.3 is still beta. It doesn't have nearly 50% of functions it should have.
So, please wait for the full release of the server.

neter
June 23, 2003, 1:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski
Hi,
The dedicated server for 1.1.3 is still beta. It doesn't have nearly 50% of functions it should have.
So, please wait for the full release of the server.

I think you said that for my question about remote administration; so what about player numbers ? is there anyway to get that numbers locally ? (an easy and speedy way to parse data to the web I mean.)

Thanks for your care ...

PS: I just hardly wait for 1.1.4 dedicated linux server .)

neter
June 29, 2003, 5:05 pm
Ok, as no one answered my question I figured out that I should try to register to Lobby Server and get my machines data anyway.

So, I made these changes on my NETWORK tab of soldat.ini :

[NETWORK]
Port=23073
JoinPort=23073
Max_Players=12
Default_Remote_Host=soldat.ethernass.com
Game_Password=
Connection=Internet
Lobby_Register=1
ASE_Register=1
Lobby_IP=62.111.129.3
Server_Name=Ethernass Soldat [DM]
Dedicated=1
Clanmatch=0
Internet_Connection=2
Greeting_Message=Ethernass Deathmatch Soldat Server
ShowRealLag=1
Min_Ping=0
Max_Ping=1000
Filter_Players=0
Filter_Gametype=0
Filter_Dedicated=0
Filter_NoPassword=0
Filter_NoBots=0
Filter_Survival=0
Filter_Realistic=0
Filter_NoBonuses=0
Balance_Teams=1

and also I wrote 62.111.129.3 to lobby_servers.txt , then got these messages from server :

Welcome to Soldat 1.1.3
Server name changed to: X) Ethernass Soldat [DM]
Soldat Arena Two - version 2.0
Registering server @ 62.111.129.3
Time Left: 4 minutes
195.174.99.96 Requesting game...
neter has joined the game!
neter has left the game.

what I understand here that my server couldnt register to Lobby as I can't see my server name on the list ([URL]) either player neter was inside or no one inside the game ...

where is the problem ?

thnx from now ...

N1nj@
June 30, 2003, 6:17 pm
because all the peepz use 1.1.4 now, and you server is 1.1.3

neter
June 30, 2003, 6:44 pm
so do you have any idea about getting current player list ? not their name of course but I need to show my servers current positions like :

dm (3/12)
ctf (8/12)

but I couldnt find a way other than listening with tcpdump which is quite slow and hard to parse data from.