( search forums )
throwing knifes
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
pongo
June 21, 2003, 9:42 pm
why at a choice as the additional weapon to not make also the choice of several types of knifes: combat knife, throwing knifes and etc?

b00stA
June 21, 2003, 9:58 pm
Well throwing knifes and combat knife should be the same. You select the current combat knife as your secondary. "Fire" --> Stab and "Throw away weapon" --> Throw the knife

You should have like.. 3 knifes?

pongo
June 21, 2003, 10:21 pm
I agree. To stop it is necessary kombat knife.

How many knifes are possible to have at themselves in a reality?

SpartacuS4X
June 22, 2003, 8:09 pm
Nice idea.

After reading several of these posts, I've come to realize that if these weapons were implemented, we'd basically have a 2D Goldeneye 007 for PC. [:P]

GameKnut
June 23, 2003, 1:19 am
Is that necessarily bad? I liked Goldeneye. Now, if we could have a 2D Perfect Dark, that would own...:)

SpartacuS4X
June 23, 2003, 2:17 am
I'm not saying Goldeneye is bad. In fact, I'm quite a fan of 007 and his crazy antics.

And you're right - Soldat Perfect Dark style would own...

JayBDey
June 23, 2003, 2:22 am
Yeah, combat knife should be able to stab and throw. 3 ammo sounds good, and the knife should drop a lot.

IDF-RIPsta
June 23, 2003, 10:23 am
Excellent idea, the combat knife as it is now in its secondary weapon version is quite useless. It is close range with click to hit; instead it would be smarter to use the Chainsaw.

But I don't think you should limit the amounts of knives you can throw, just let there be a sort of cool down. And of course the throwing range has to be laughable or else people might use it as a real weapon and not as a secondary for special cases.

One hit one kill for a close combat situation, especially if someone is running at you with a chainsaw. Maybe two hit one kill would be more balanced, what do you think?

Another interesting element you could add is the throwing up of the knife and it falls to the ground and gets stuck in it. That way you can throw a knife into the air and it'll come down on an enemy soldier from above and penetrate his skull. Hard to explain but I hope you understand what I mean.

pongo
June 23, 2003, 10:52 am
It is the best way to make the separate button for a throwing of knifes. And by button Change Weapon the player simply gets a knife.

IDF-RIPsta
June 23, 2003, 11:14 am
I disagree with the second button choice.
I would prefer simply a throwing version of the knife.
Even though that would mean that you can't pick it up off the ground.

3rd_account
June 23, 2003, 9:27 pm
Well dumbass, english ain't my first language so I'd love to see you speak some swedish. So go ahead, write something...

Edge
June 23, 2003, 11:56 pm
Wow good ideas people. I have heard more ideas about throwing knives than I have about losing the chainsaw, and I think it'd be great either way. It would be my primary weapon. Finally, someone else that watches Trigun.

bert111
June 24, 2003, 5:23 am
and then if possible u could shoot the knife away from you so there wont be so much knife throwing junkies [8D]

IDF-RIPsta
June 24, 2003, 7:56 am
Wow, knife shoot off and throwing with the drop weapon button.
I would go for that one.

You could divert the knife to a different direction or on another opponent with the bullets...
How about even going all the way and making it a more tactical weapon, throw it at a wall and it will serve as a platform to hold you for about 30 seconds. Remember all those sniping spots you wished you could reach but the Jetpack never could get you there?

There has to be some sort of reload to the weapon though, you shouldn't set limits on a secondary. You don't want it to be used offensively too much, then put a long cool down on it.

JayBDey
June 25, 2003, 12:15 am
quote:Originally posted by Futile
...Yeah baby, yeah! Guns, tight rubber, guns, kick-ass femalesecretagents, guns... yeah!

were you beating off while you were writing that?

TheKnightoftheMare
June 29, 2003, 10:47 am
nah no throwing knives, just the plain combat knife is fine.

mikaelgg50
July 1, 2003, 3:36 pm
secondary attack whit the knife... or not???[:-boggled]..dhhaaa

eyic
July 8, 2003, 12:06 pm
i posted this in another topic, though i like the idea of throwing and stabbing with the knife...

Inzurrection
July 8, 2003, 1:50 pm
im not fussed, if it gets put in great, if it doesnt no biggie, but something HAS to be done about the chainsaw!!

inzurrection

N1nj@
July 8, 2003, 1:56 pm
this poeple stole this idea from me and puma! bah, who cares. lol