( search forums )
1.1.4 broken everything
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Bringa
June 27, 2003, 1:39 am
I dunno why noone else seems to mention it, but ever since I installed 1.1.4 Soldat just is no more fun to play at all. I love 1.1.3. My list of complaints about 1.1.4:

1) Lose weapon bug. Doesn't only happen during startup to me, also randomly in midgame you suddenly stand there without a weapon. Happened to me and all the 4 guys I usually play with. Very frustrating.

2) Borked physics engine. I really dunno what was changed.. but I can't run in the same way I used to run anymore. The little soldier gets stuck at every blade of grass, and worse still, in realistic mode (which is the only way I play anyway), you DIE because the physics engine somehow calculated impossible velocities. Sucks a lot.

3) Chainsaw is heavily overpowered in CTF.. CTF is the funnest game mode. Hence, Chainsaw breaks what used to be the most fun.

4) New anti-lag system? I myself host games on a 10mbit connection, and from what I hear from the people playing on my server, things got worse for them. There's a guy connected on a really strong DSL connection, his pings jump randomly from ~50 to 999 and back. A guy playing on a 56k modem now generally has more lagbursts than before. I dunno what you changed, but it broke the gameplay for me.

Now am I doing something COMPLETELY wrong, am I singled out by an alien intelligence and they only attack my Soldat version or does everyone else love all the blood so much they don't care about this?

JayBDey
June 27, 2003, 3:05 am
Sadly, this is all true. We can only hope that it will be fixed eventually.