( search forums )
Explosive death
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Ninja287
June 29, 2003, 1:49 am
Didn't see if anyone posted this idea before, so if I'm repeating somebody, forgive me.

I liked in worms how when you die you "explode" into a gravestone. It would be sweet if when you die in Soldat, you pull the pins on your remaining grenades (with a large explosion when the timers go off!).

Frye
June 29, 2003, 2:48 am
So, everytime you kill someone you'll have to wait 'til he explodes or explode with him. Sounds kinda boring. Especially when you really want that flag just behind that soon-to-explode soldat.

IDF-RIPsta
June 29, 2003, 8:20 am
I think that would be a good idea as a secondary.
Explosive death, what do you guys think?

That means of course that you have a trigger in your hand as the secondary, and can make yourself explode while pressing on it.
Throw it away and you won't explode.
Die without pressing it, and you'll explode anyhow.

dark_skull66
June 29, 2003, 9:39 am
that only works in turn taking games this isnt a turn taking game its a kill ur apponent once then kill him again when hes dead without turns!

Misse91
June 29, 2003, 11:21 am
[:-ashamed]it's don't fun it's only booring...[:-yuck]

b00stA
June 29, 2003, 1:27 pm
Misse91 please make serious/constructive posts. You didnt help anybody.

Imagine you were just killed with a M79. You're dead. Now pull the pins out your grens. Heh.

Just imagine this being implemented in Soldat.. it would sooo NOT rule.

Ninja287
June 29, 2003, 2:41 pm
Meh, maybe not realistic bOOstA, I agree. I just think it would add to the chaos and fun :)

Duke33
June 29, 2003, 6:21 pm
Well, it would definatly add to the chaos, but not necessarily to the fun. i mean, sure, takin someone with you would be fun, but it would be hard and would change how we play (nades rolling out of dead bodies DOES that.....) Anyway, maybe as a game option it might be okay, but i still dont like it. No offesne to you Ninja287, but i dont really like it, becuase while something like that works in worms cos its turnbased, as someone said, it wouldnt work half as good here because soldat is continuosly flowing, moving, and so a feature in a turnbased game wouldnt really fit.....