( search forums )
MSN Integration
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
dstruct2k
July 1, 2003, 12:56 am
This is for anyone using the MSN6 Preview, not sure if it works on anything else. It adds Soldat to the list of launchable apps that you can invite someone else to use with you.

NOTE -- This does not start a server or anything like that. All it does is launch Soldat on both PC's simutaniuosly, to facilitate getting everyone in at once quickly.

Coming in version 2 -- Using command line variables to start a host, and have the other person join! (Hopefully possible.... lol)

To install -- Just run the .reg file! You will ahve to exit MSN and restart it for the new App to show up.

Download the patch here. http://focalpoint.sytes.net/files/soldat.reg

If you're using Windows 95/98, or are unsure of which file to get, use this file. It is compatable with all Windows versions. http://focalpoint.sytes.net/files/soldat9x.reg

sneaky
July 1, 2003, 5:18 pm
thnx its easy now to play

DNA.styx
July 1, 2003, 7:02 pm
(made sticky)

m1nt ch3w
July 3, 2003, 11:19 am
pretty useless for me now, but once you have done the other stuff, it'll be great =D

SuperKill
July 3, 2003, 12:44 pm
hehe nice
update us on anything new

N1nj@
July 3, 2003, 4:40 pm
nicely done. this made it more convienece for clan matches and such

-------------------------------------------------

it gives me errors when i try to install the reg...

here is the error quote:Cannot import C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\soldat.reg. The specified file is not a registrt script. You can import only registry files.

dstruct2k
July 4, 2003, 1:39 am
Don't run Windows XP, 2000, or ME, do you? :p

I'll create a 9x version now...

------------------------------

There, I think I created it.... [8)]

[URL]

This file will work with XP also.

N1nj@
July 4, 2003, 2:51 am
i run on ME....

DNA.styx
July 4, 2003, 10:49 am
dstruct2k: edit your first post to add the win9x version, so that folks can find it easy.

N1nj@
July 4, 2003, 3:26 pm
thanks

---------------------------------

i m having the same problem as before....

dstruct2k
July 5, 2003, 5:56 am
Hmm.... I suppose I need to learn the proper format for a REG file for 9x again. It takes some changes :(

dstruct2k
July 5, 2003, 5:58 am
Learned it! =-D

Just use the link in the 1st and 7th posts, I've updated it.

N1nj@
July 5, 2003, 2:50 pm
i m gotta try it out right now

----------------------------

it works, great job. how do i use it now?

do you click on lanuch site? nvm, i found it. you click on that little arrow beside the block thing.

thanks and good job.

gi.joe
July 14, 2003, 8:23 am
fast learner... 2 mins flat dstruct2k... nice :)

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 14, 2003, 8:33 am
oh yeah sry bout this but couldnt find it anyway can some1 give me the link to the topic with the MSN Soldat tab i can't find it argh...

N1nj@
July 15, 2003, 3:49 pm
here is link to the MSN Soldat forum tab. Read the instructions carefully ;)

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=5241

sauron_the_deceiver
July 21, 2003, 9:06 pm
I got the full version of MSN 6 today, and tried using these files. It said that it added to the registery successfully, but it hasn't done anything. Maybe you need to update for the new version?

[EDIT] No wait, this works for the full version, I'm just a cretin :).

N1nj@
July 23, 2003, 3:05 am
lol.

NuZZ
September 12, 2003, 10:53 am
me = like, i want the host and join thing mainly tho.

dstruct2k
September 20, 2003, 5:50 am
Host and join are now in the works, I'll see if the ASE has any command line options I can use... Or maybe Michel will help me out and add command line arg's to 1.1.6!! :)

NightCabbage
September 20, 2003, 11:23 am
Keeping in mind that ASE uses command line args to join games... ;) hint hint

dstruct2k
September 20, 2003, 6:59 pm
That's why I'm trying to use ASE to figure out how to do this.... Unfortuantely, ASE never actually SHOWS me the args it uses... Anyone know a program I can replace Soldat.exe with that just echos back the args that were passed to it? That would really help! =-D

Evolution
December 26, 2003, 5:34 pm
does this work for MSN 610207?

Disciple_Slink
January 5, 2004, 2:26 am
Well, I got the XP version, it installed properly, its in the launch thingy, but when I open it, it says it needs the latest version of Windows Messenger... [:(!] Stupid Microsoft....

By the way, I have MSN version 6.1.0.203 if that helps

palloco
January 5, 2004, 8:19 am
dont use XP, it is worthless

frogboy
January 5, 2004, 8:23 am
Use XP; its more stable on higher-performance newer systems (and lower performance, if you stick to the amount of RAM and CPU speed it needs), and its less worthless than 98, thats for sure.

fritz
January 8, 2004, 7:05 pm
Lol would seem usefull if you could maybe create a server and client registry file... example one person who clicks the button first should launch C:\soldat\soldat.exe /server "Private Game(Randome Number)" /limit "2" and the person who joins could have somthing like this: c:\soldat\soldat.exe /join "Private Game(Random Number)"... of course I don't know the command line arguments to do somthing like this but im sure then is... but it is a easy as 1-2-3 way to play 1 on 1 from msn(this is how minesweeper does it)

Regards,
fritz

dstruct2k
January 30, 2004, 5:53 am
That was my goal... Now I see that you'd have to find a way to know which person has a better connection, so that they can be the host.

Still not giving up though. [:)]

palloco
January 30, 2004, 9:02 am
quote:Originally posted by frogboy
Use XP; its more stable on higher-performance newer systems (and lower performance, if you stick to the amount of RAM and CPU speed it needs), and its less worthless than 98, thats for sure.

Sure, because it is unable to run programs that ask too much to the system while win 98 can run them without crashing

dstruct2k
April 11, 2004, 8:55 pm
Alright, I've been e-mailed by a few people regarding the status of the MSN Integration... I haven't worked on it since my last post, and since Michal hasn't seen this thread yet and sent me the command-line paramaters I'd need, I guess I'll keep waiting. (Or maybe this could be added to the next version? [;)])

Hitman
April 11, 2004, 10:09 pm
michal@soldat.pl <-- Interesting thing, that..

BlackSpear
June 9, 2004, 10:39 pm
download links are dead......

Deleted User
June 9, 2004, 10:44 pm
I think its time for an unsticky and lock...?