( search forums )
Survival mode modification in order? Your input..
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
snivlingwimp
July 1, 2003, 5:34 pm
I play as the 'Pink Smurf' and enjoy the nuances of all the different types of play. One of which is survival mode.

One shortcoming of survival mode (in my opinion) is those people who rejoin/switch teams and delay the mass respawn for those people who wait out the winner/team winners as survival mode is meant to be played
As a possible solution might I suggest a 'holding pen' for those who joined when the game was already underway?

other observations:
is there a way to when dead to activate free camera mode while dead and waiting for the outcome of survival games/??? so that I might observe the action?>

is there something I am missing with team play in survival mode in the way of telling teammates from non team mates??? while i take care not to frag teammates (where freindly fire happens)it is sometimes difficult to tell them apart from non teammmebers... some people say they tell the differnce tween team skin/uniform but I have difficulty in the heat of action and have to run my cursor over them to tell for sure.. sometimes resulting in my death from the delay if an enemy....... [i]perhaps an option exists that I am missing that gives people 'jerseys'or some such???
If not might i suggest such an option for the server operator...[/i]

TheKnightoftheMare
July 1, 2003, 5:54 pm
hey smurf

1.http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=5061 - I want to add rounds to SM
2.you can in DM but in TM you could tell your teammates where the other teams are
3.there isnt anything to turn the shirt color on or off, you should take a screenshot during teamplay, maybe someone here could help you.

IDF-RIPsta
July 2, 2003, 6:46 am
I don't know if that helps, but in the configuration file you can set the team color to be the same as the first person who joined the team.
In most cases this option only makes it worse, if everyone is wearing different shades of green for instance.

Go there and switch it off, that way all shirts will be according to the team you join (red, blue, green, yellow).
I don't know if that affects survival mode or not...
I don't tend to play it because it really has nothing special to it.
That's my humble opinion of course.