( search forums )
Inf - Stealth is the key.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Frye
July 2, 2003, 1:59 pm
Here's my new map, with the title mentioned in the subject. (Sounds cool? Well, I can assure you that it is not.)
It's dark, It's raining, and your mission is to steal the mysterious briefcase of doom (represented by that dull black flag[:-yawn])
It works best in multiplayer, since the bots have nightvision goggles and x-ray vision[V]

Screenshots:

The whole map:
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] inf_sitk.1.JPG22.7 KB

Some random spots:
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] inf_sitk.2.JPG14.9 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] inf_sitk.3.JPG12.36 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] inf_sitk.4.JPG13.84 KB

The map:
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] inf_sitk.zip46.5 KB

Please give me your opinion, thank you.

Gordon
July 2, 2003, 4:10 pm
Looks nice, but I have to download it and test it to give an opinion, I'll tell you when I do that.

-GF

xXShavoXx
July 2, 2003, 5:29 pm
way to dark... considering the fact that you can't see the freaking ground, I suggest doing something about that. In its current state it isn't going to be put in the mappack.

Frye
July 2, 2003, 7:37 pm
Works just fine on my computer. You tried setting up the brightness and/or contrast on your screen?

xXShavoXx
July 2, 2003, 11:12 pm
It's up all the way. The sun can glare into some peoples' monitor (such as mine) which easily makes your map unplayable. Even so, I edited your map so I could see it better and there were numerous polygon snags and bugs that made me hop endlessly (to fix, don't overlap polygons near the part where a player will be walking later on during gameplay). So, fix those bugs, add a little bit more transparency to the black.bmp, and your map will do just fine.

Frye
July 3, 2003, 12:30 am
I'm on a different computer now and I can see what you mean now. I'll get that fixed. Thanks.

Kahuna-CorlanMcD
July 6, 2003, 4:05 pm
I like the concept of the map....i like it

Hitman
July 19, 2003, 10:48 pm
The whole point in the map being dark is to make it seem like its night, so that you can us stealth to sneek up on your oponents, thats why the map is called Inf - Stealth

EvilLaugh
July 20, 2003, 2:07 pm
WAY TOOOOOOO DARK.... even if it is called stealth, that would be horrible to play on, The design is there though.

Haro1121
July 20, 2003, 6:32 pm
its fine and if u guys cant see register and download the night fight interface (night vision :P)

Leits
July 20, 2003, 7:54 pm
Make it more bright and fix the polygon errors.

Chipmunk Gangsta
July 22, 2003, 10:20 am
it looks to dark,i download and see *downloading*