( search forums )
Ok...what the %&$@!? (Setup's fooked, as is play)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Tiehnerhaf
July 2, 2003, 3:11 pm
Ok, I was playing Soldat a few weeks ago, great fun. But I lost insterest and uninstalled it. So, now I try again, no changes on the computer other than adding a DVD drive since them (^^). Now, first, it would get the error initializing 3d hardware and it says you don't have Direct X 8. And gameplay is black, and the logo is black, but I can see the menus. So, I follow the FAQ and did everything there, and followed the forum link.

DxDiag says I have Direct X 7, 8, and 9 and that they all work fine. Still no go with Soldat. So, yesterday I try turning off nearly all settings such as dithering, anti aliasing, etc. Lo and behold, it works! So I play last night, and it works fine.

Well guess what? Today, I try loading it up, it gives the error initializing hardware AGAIN and then it says try turning off settings such as dithering and anti aliasing and closes out. I already did that! So, I try loading up the Setup, and when I find everything is unchecked in terms of effects, I click save and exit, and it says something along the lines of "These settings are not compatible with your computer." When they were "compatible with my computer" just last night! And I think these specs are good enough:

Amd Athlon XP 2000+ 1.6 GHZ
Radeon 9100 128 MB
Abit NF7
512 megs of DDR 266 RAM
Windows 98SE

All of which have up to date drivers, and nothing is working. >_< I can't even go into setup anymore because whenever I try saving it says the settings aren't even compatible with the computer!

EDIT:
Ok, just for the heck of it I turned ALL settings down/off, no sound, no file logging, etc. It STILL says the "settings are not compatible with your hardware or system."

Any help?

SKJFALSEIUFAWLSFKJSDIUJ
I run DxDiag just for the heck of it again, and now when I wanna test Direct X, IT SAYS NOT AVAILABLE! Gah! Soldat is breaking my computer. ;_; DxDiag ran fine before... DKLSJDFLSIXCELSIXIJR

And why is it that when I open DxDiag my floppy drive runs wild?