( search forums )
banned names?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
TheKnightoftheMare
July 2, 2003, 4:59 pm
anyone way to ban names from joining my server (not dedicated) when I host, so if I want to ban all people with the name "bill" from joining.

DNA.styx
July 2, 2003, 8:07 pm
nope.

moved to suggestions forum

Tha Doggfather
July 2, 2003, 9:57 pm
yes this should be implemented, then i can prevent people with names like "your penis", "your mom", "your parents", "yourself", ...
from joining. i hate those idiots

IDF-RIPsta
July 3, 2003, 6:36 am
People with the name 'Soldier'?

morpheus
July 3, 2003, 7:03 am
i'm all for this. i keep killing "your penis" but it keeps coming back. it would be nice to be able to get rid of it.

R
July 4, 2003, 3:39 am
that would be a good idea, i dont like people with names like, "your mom" where it shows up, You killed your mom

enjoyincubus
July 4, 2003, 3:55 am
Hell, I dun care about people like that. I'm tired of these damn Soldiers and clan clowns coming on and getting one kill and screaming "WOOT PWNED NOOB LOOZER BWAHAHA IM KING BOW TO ME BIATCH!" It cracks me up at first, but they yell it over and over, and I want to just have a filter on them, that stops all people with the clan name as the prefix, so it would say "I'm sorry. Enjoyincubus doesn't like your crap, so you cannot play on his great server. Have a good day." Well, besides that last part, I think it could all be done. ;)

Enjoy

R
July 4, 2003, 5:03 am
it would be cool to be able to make a sarcastic ban message like that dnjoy, when you ban someone for having a lameass name, i'd almost pay to see the expression on their face when they read a customized ban message. ^_^

that fuking sniper
July 4, 2003, 6:08 am
Hey Soldiers are cool, better than most dumbasses that hang around the servers enyway, Soldiers are discreet and never brag, which is great, unlike in some servers where you come in, and there are 2 players, one of them is AFK, and the other is going back and fourth capping like cazy and in the end he sais to me: "OOOH IM JUST TOO GOOD"! well ya dumbass you beat an idle guy.........[:-censored] I mean the Soldat community's intelegence level gets worse by the patch :S

Enyway, I think these should be implemented but I think that they will be abused, I wont like this idea if half the people wouldnt join eny servers enymore because of their name..........

mr_bob
July 4, 2003, 6:47 am
like i said there should be a free reg where u get an id number and then u can play cuz what happens if a guys name is bill

so u ban all bills right what happens if someone with the name mr bill comes in will it ban him

thats why i think an id system needs to be set up cuz then u could just block their id and it would ban them for life u know what i mean

and i just lost a friend cuz of a fight and dont mean to tell youll this but i forgot what i was going to say so there was more but im not sure what it was sorry

IDF-RIPsta
July 4, 2003, 9:33 am
Yeah, just make the game totally free.
Let us register.
Whoever wants to pay for this game already did so, and if someone failed to do so until now, he never will.

mr_bob
July 4, 2003, 10:50 am
no thats not what im saying have 2 kinds of reg one u get a it free like u do now but its comes with an id and the second kind pay the 9 bucks and u get the add. features

but it will help out with banning
enable a buddy list system
enable to locate cheater easier
and about of other things i cant think of