( search forums )
Posting cheats...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
sqweek
July 2, 2003, 6:33 pm
OK, so DNA.styx has made it pretty clear lately that we aren't supposed to post cheats here (and funnily enough it's also a forum rule ;)).
Sooo, if we work out a cheat and wish to report it, how should we do so?

b00stA
July 2, 2003, 6:49 pm
Send an email to Michal.
michalm@poczta.fm

exact descripton on how to re-produce the bug so Michal can actually see this bug himself.

DNA.styx
July 2, 2003, 8:11 pm
(made sticky)

Evolution
July 7, 2003, 4:57 pm
yah, sometimes even Michal doesn't notice
some cheats/bugs, so we gotta help him :)

?
July 11, 2003, 1:38 am
how about ppl jsut don't firgure out cheats...

BManx2000
July 11, 2003, 3:53 am
Haha like that'll ever happen.

bornacorn
July 16, 2003, 8:08 am
when people find they cant do a game, the look high and low for cheats.
Then they finish the game in under 30 mins and say they are heroes.
It sickens me.

Aquillion
July 17, 2003, 5:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by ?
Well, we want Michal to figure out cheats, and we want people to find cheats and send them to him. If you want to make the game cheat-free, then the best thing to do is start up single-player mode and look for cheats, exploits and the like, then send them to Michal for fixing. And never tell anyone else about them or use them again after you've confirmed their existance and figured out how to reproduce them, of course.

It'd be nice if nobody cheated, but it would be even nicer if the game was just cheat-free, and since Michal can't test it all himself we're the only way it's going to get there.

EdwinDLT
August 9, 2003, 5:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by ?

That would mean people would have to get good at the game [:O]

Kamikaze_Ninja
August 9, 2003, 5:20 pm
"That would mean people would have to get good at the game" ROFL isn't that the point of games getting better?!??!

sqweek
August 9, 2003, 5:51 pm
That's Edwin's point, Kamikaze_Ninja.

BeatMeUp
August 21, 2003, 6:30 am
a week or so ago I was playing on one of the ramdom cft server and I saw this guy that wrap acroes the map. u can see him at one spot and he disapear in another spot. he run to the other side of the map before I get out of spawn. His moving speed are like 10 times faster then normal player. He got a blank name so no one really know who he is but a few days after that i saw this guy again and his name was oOOsunnyOOo. I got a screen shot of his blank name if anyone want to see.

Camping_Carl
August 21, 2003, 9:55 am
Just another sticky added to the board soon this whole board is going to be full of useless stickys that get old and we already know what they say. If someone wants to put time into making a cheat Wow good for them sooner are later he is going to give it to his friends and they will post it here because thats the way people are then you can report it to michal.

NightCabbage
August 21, 2003, 11:27 am
Always so cynical :P

Well, as long as we know about the cheat, it can be fixed.

You can either email Michal, who may be on holiday, and have 10,000 emails, and so may take some time to read them all.

Or you can tell me and I will make sure he knows about it.

Or you can buy a plane ticket and fly over to Poland and knock on Michal's door and hand him a CD with the data reguarding the cheat on it, however you must then make sure that the KGB don't intercept your flight and take the CD into custody, as they could use it to bring the world to it's knees. Which would be bad. But then! just as the KGB board the plane, a US government agent jumps out of his chair! Grabs the CD from your hand, and jumps out the window! The the KGB take you in for questioning... you leave with a few less teeth than you came in with, but other than that - you're fine! So the next morning you wake up and this big black dude is sitting in a chair next to your bed looking at you. You scream like a little girl and he grabs you and says he's a good guy but you're in danger... So now there's this terrorist group that wants the information you had, which kinda sux since they can extract if from ur brain after you're dead and all... So you go with the big dude and he takes you to a secret underground bunker. w00tbix. It's like got all these cool robot going around, reminds you of a Star Wars scene. You walk around - it's almost surreal - you feel like ur dreaming! You find out that this terrorist group is operating out of Yemen. 'Yemen?!' you think to yourself. But hey, anything can happen :)

To be continued in another random thread...

DNA.styx
August 21, 2003, 1:14 pm
BeatMeUp: we are aware of that cheat, and Michal has been notified.

I may just lock this topic since it;s just meant as a warning to folks about posting cheats.

NightCabbage
August 21, 2003, 1:58 pm
yup, lock it before it goes over to 2 pages

muzzmastah
August 21, 2003, 3:43 pm
noooo styx PLEASE dont lock this topic... its funny.
NC: Sorry, dude, but I dont think the KGB exisist anymore.

DNA.styx
August 21, 2003, 7:21 pm
(locked)
(muzz - have a wee look at the forum rules regarding signature images/text)