( search forums )
Actual Realistic Mode?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
muzzmastah
July 2, 2003, 8:22 pm
Okay, a lot of you will probably think that this is lame, but I have an idea. Maybe there could be another mode of play ("Tactical"?) (or it could just replace realistic mode) that turned Soldat into a realistic game. What I'm saying is that your Soldat only can see in his line of sight(not who's behind him)and most weapons make one- or two-shot kills. This might add more need for strategy, teamwork, and even stealth in some maps like Fortress. I know that a lot of the current maps aren't really good for this mode of play, but if there were some maps made that had small passages (like Cambodia), it might work.

muzzmastah
July 2, 2003, 8:35 pm
It would also need some weapon changes/removals to balance it out... no barret delay between shots might add something.

TheKnightoftheMare
July 2, 2003, 9:08 pm
1 shot kill for every weapon is bad, not seeing behind you is a nice idea.

muzzmastah
July 2, 2003, 9:12 pm
Yeah, you could have a sort of "visual arc".

IDF-RIPsta
July 3, 2003, 6:55 am
How about not being able to walk through players?

R
July 3, 2003, 7:03 am
something else that could happen is to add weight to the guns. like if a person is using the minigun, they should walk slower and not have as much jet as if you had a smaller gun. because i mean in real life that thing would way a heck of a lot.

BManx2000
July 3, 2003, 3:47 pm
I think the minigun is crappy enough already, don't you?

R
July 3, 2003, 5:08 pm
thats ture, hehe, but it would be nice to see them walking slower and getting the crap beaten out of them, and then maybe it would teach them not to use it anymore. lol, just a thought

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 3, 2003, 5:52 pm
I use the minigun to help me land :)

wormdundee
July 3, 2003, 6:12 pm
alright now, is it just me or does realistic mode already not let you see behind you? and i dont really think this would be a good idea, realistic mode already has vey few players and changing a few things isnt gonna make more people come i believe

muzzmastah
July 3, 2003, 7:57 pm
Really? I don't play online (seriously, I only do botmatches and I have a ton of fun), so I wouldn't know. I love realistic mode (i play realistic only). I think it still lets you see behind you.

TheKnightoftheMare
July 3, 2003, 8:28 pm
not seeing behind you would make it harder, maybe add level settings for real.mode?