( search forums )
Some ideas which would (as i see it) work
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
TomPenny
July 3, 2003, 6:12 pm
Map's should be biger and more diferent ... ctf_laos & ctf_viet are same sh*t.
If the map's are biger then there could be a stationary gun over every flag..
Maybe just put a MP5 bullets and hit, just a diferent look :)
The gun would for instance have 150 bullets and it would be slow reloading..
(u cant reload it untill all bullets are shot)
Then the respawn points could be in the air or an under ground bunker (good to hide the enemy flag in it too)
Maybe put a new weather mode in it.. (Night) and a secondary weapon night googles.
Maybe put this things only in ctf, cose the ctf matches are long... if u like a fast game go play DM or RAMBO
And here is a idea (i guess people said it before but still..)
It would be used in ctf ..
Every team would have a transmitor which would suply the team players with a mini map (optional).
The mini map would indicate the place where other team players are at that time.. and a point would color if the
player has the flag.
The transmitor could be destroyed and the mini map goes to hell...
The would be a new secondary "weapond" better tool.. a screw driver or some thing .. so u can fix it.
This is it..
what do u all think? could it work?

n/a
July 3, 2003, 6:16 pm
i like it

CbbLe
July 3, 2003, 6:21 pm
nah, dont really like it....maybe night maps would be cool though (if they arent too dark so you get camped all the time)

xav
July 3, 2003, 7:35 pm

I like night changes and minimap

TheKnightoftheMare
July 3, 2003, 8:05 pm
dont like any of it.Soldat doesnt need a minimap.

Cr4cK
July 3, 2003, 8:05 pm
hell yea!

muzzmastah
July 3, 2003, 8:09 pm
Soldat doesn't need a minimap. I don't think you would need the gun that u mentioned - just get someone on your team to defend.

I like the nighttime idea - good for Infiltration games.

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 3, 2003, 9:10 pm
I like it too, but the fact is that all these new idea would require a ton of programming, and the minimap idea is kinda useless. Night maps could be implemented, but u would need some sort of a secondary to see through the dark. (like a flashlight?)

porquilho
July 3, 2003, 9:53 pm
HI !!!
It's my frist post here!!!!
About the idea, I think it's realy nice!! but instead of modify the old traditional CTF, I think it will be better to create a new type of game. In that way the guys who liked more the old CTF still have it and the others(like me i think) who liked more the "OperationFlashpoint" type of game have it too!!! [8)] hehe

About the extra code... you bet that!!! [;)]

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 3, 2003, 11:40 pm
Welcome to the forums Porquilho yeah there shoukd be darkness but not too dark that you can barely see anything and there is really no point in putting the minimap unless you really hate campers but the predator would be rendered useless as would other strategies so I guess that's not gonna work and I do like night vision and if you go in a lighted area the screen goes bright and you can see anything for a few seconds.

R
July 4, 2003, 2:38 am
darkness would be cool, but laos and viet are pretty different and wouldnt have to be changed at all.

And i just dont see stationary guns working in soldat, they are not going to fit in and they arent going to work, i dont see how anybody else doesnt figure that.

Inzurrection
July 4, 2003, 2:57 am
the only thing i lke, and i mean ONLY, it the night fire option
u dont need goggles for it, but it would be like a stealth operation, and secondly, i think there should be at least one weapon with a silencer on it, so in nightfire mode u cood play stealthy, jus my 2 cents,

Scope

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 4, 2003, 3:09 am
although silencing would work on games like CS, in soldat, u can see the bullets as it is coming to u, so it would not help the gamer hide.

R
July 4, 2003, 3:23 am
yeah, but the silencing sound would be cool to have, even if it didnt truly silence the gun, it just made the sound. And a stealth mode would be so cool instead of an all offense game.