Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Anubis U.A.
July 3, 2003, 9:59 pm
Hello all, this is my first post...
And this is my first map,
TDM Paratroopers

Alpha starts on the ground, few bunkers, lots of heavy vegetation
Bravo starts on the ground, lots of bunkers, little vegetation
Charlie starts in the air, in a plane, has to parachute down to alpha/bravo location, about 20-30 secs of freefall before reaching ground
Delta starts in the air, out of a plane, it can go down to the ground or jetpack (there is tons of fuel) to charlies plane, and storm it.
large map...initial waypoints are in place and will be updated as i work on the map.

in the zip for my map, you'll also find some of my Tactical Bots, it's up to you if you want to use them. Place the map in the soldat "Maps" directory, and the bots in the soldat "Bots" directory.
I'm running a server with the map right now, 4:20 eastern time, and will do so for another 20-30 mins.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] para1.jpg21.7 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] para2.jpg38.18 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Paratroopers.zip69.45 KB

enjoy!
EDIT: btw, do the links work for other people, or just not for me? did I do anything wrong? I just clicked on insert a file, browsed, then uploaded...closed the window with the text

sauron_the_deceiver
July 3, 2003, 10:38 pm
Yeah, can't see the pictures, and I don't think I'll even bother trying to get the mod yet.

Phazon
July 4, 2003, 2:50 am
i deleted the . after the A and it worked....

Uhh sounds interesting... but it should like the para time is too long.

R
July 4, 2003, 3:25 am
it sounds cool, but the screens arent working

R
July 4, 2003, 11:08 pm
what is the thing in the first screen? is that supposed to be a plane? just wondering, i'll probably download it later, those 20-30 seconds of freefall would be fun (i think)

karli
July 5, 2003, 10:49 am
75 seconds of freefall. i have a stopper. i think its too much.

AnubisUberAlles
July 5, 2003, 4:24 pm
yeah it's the plane...1 person thinks it's too much....if more people think the same, I'll lower the the amount of time.
By the way, i got the bots fixed, for soldat, i'll upload them soon.
also, i'm working to diversify the terrain a bit too.

AnubisUberAlles
July 5, 2003, 4:30 pm
here's tactitcal bots V.1.01
the bots are more realistic, and later i'll post explanations to them, but they're pretty straight forward.
just coppy into soldat bots directory, extract them out of their folder though..