( search forums )
new map!! <DeathPit > //map pack submission//
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
eilsoe
July 4, 2003, 3:26 pm
hey!

I just finished my newest map! I took me forever to fix all the poly errors, and jumpy spots etc... hope some of you like it.. it's a "small" map designed only for DM and Rambow, things get hot if there's more than 5 players ;)

[update with suggestions from evillaugh]

I fixed the minor shading boo-boo's, cleaned it a little, and added small bridges over each pit, much more playable now :) one can still drop into the pit tho, so be careful ;)

here's some screens:

entire map:

[IMAGE]

screener 1:

[IMAGE]

screener 2:

[IMAGE]

download map:

[URL]

eilsoe
July 4, 2003, 4:11 pm
will do :)

Guil
July 5, 2003, 4:20 am
Look very nice! I'll try it right now dude. :)

enjoyincubus
July 5, 2003, 4:25 am
*looks around, sees a new map to add to the map pack*

Yeah, that's a really nice level, even though I dun really like all the hanging ropes and stuff. But other than that, it's a really good DM map, which we are lacking badly.

Does it have bot waypoints? I can't play it right now, as I'm at my friends house, and he doesnt have Soldat and won't download it, but I'll try it later...Oh, I would change the lame name...with the name "Jungle3", it won't make it. Just make sure the waypoints work. DM maps are the simplest to waypoint of all. I hope you have no problem. Just make it so that they can get around the map in a half-assed way. ;)

Enjoy

eilsoe
July 5, 2003, 10:50 am
oh it has waypoints :) I suck at 'em, but they work... on some level... :P don't worry, I got creamed when I put 5 bots on it with me, complete destruction... :)

oh, any suggestions for a name? I'll post a name if I can think of any...

[EDIT]

"PitsOfDoom"...?

anyone....?

*crawls back into his hole*

eilsoe
July 10, 2003, 1:11 pm
any1 wanna try their luck at waypoints on this map?

it has some, they're just not the best... but they work... sorta...

Flecko
July 15, 2003, 6:37 am
Whoa, that's really nice - definitely one of the best looking I've seen. I hope this one gets in the map pack, I'd like to play it online.

sauron_the_deceiver
July 17, 2003, 10:21 am
.....Y....You said that was your SECOND map? Sweet crap! Can't wait for your booth at the convention ;).

I will not sleep until that map is in the map pack. Along with mine :P.

Hitman
July 17, 2003, 4:42 pm
Looks really nice, what are the bot waypoints like if you have any do they work well?

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 17, 2003, 4:53 pm
he already said that "oh it has waypoints :) I suck at 'em, but they work... on some level... :P don't worry, I got creamed when I put 5 bots on it with me, complete destruction... :)"

eilsoe
July 20, 2003, 7:48 pm
ahh :P

I need some inspiration for some new maps... glad ppl like this one :)

juice _ box
July 21, 2003, 1:21 am
names possibly, congo or amazon. ive always wanted to play a giant ice cave map.

eilsoe
July 21, 2003, 1:41 pm
lol :P

"CongoClash" or something like that :)

Ice cavern eh...? hmm...

enjoyincubus
July 21, 2003, 2:57 pm
Deathpit is what I was thinking...:D

eilsoe
July 21, 2003, 3:08 pm
Hehe, well, since we haven't agreed on a name for it, I'll just let the mpa-pack mod's handle it :)

On second thought, deathpit is a good name :) Let's go with that :)

Chipmunk Gangsta
July 21, 2003, 3:16 pm
deathpit sound cool, me like :DK

eilsoe
July 28, 2003, 7:19 am
any updates on the mappack? :-\

Electro_cyc
August 3, 2003, 12:22 am
Looks awsome! I'm going to try it out. Great job!