( search forums )
Gordon Maps - CTF-Rocks v1.2
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Gordon
July 5, 2003, 6:25 am
Hello there, this is one of my old Soldat 1.0.5b maps, one of the best I've made. Some of the old ones may remember it. This version was done using the old Map Maker, and I only converted it for 1.1.4 and changed its textures. I'm planning on making another version, with more detail, but I wanted to release this one and get some feedback. Just remember it was done for the old version.

It has waypoints, and so far they didn't produce much errors. Inside the zip I've included both .PMP and .PMS formats so no one can complain about it. I hope you enjoy it, and please send feedback on how to improve it. Constructive critics please, a "It's ugly" doesn't help me to improve it.

As many of my Soldat maps, I started messing around with polygons, and things started to look nice, I got the idea of the map, finished it and here it is.

Download: [URL]

Overview:
[IMAGE]

Screenshots:
[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Well, as I said before, hope you enjoy it, and please be nice [:D]

-GF

xXShavoXx
July 5, 2003, 6:58 am
Look pretty interesting gameplay-wise. But, please, please change the background color. That is blinding! Plus you can hardly see the tracers from gunfire...

eyic
July 5, 2003, 7:09 am
cool map man, seriously i wish i could do things like that but i cant :(

Baltor
July 5, 2003, 2:01 pm
Kinda reminds me of CTF Death for some reason...
Good map but without my shades I couldn't play it.[:D]

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 5, 2003, 5:57 pm
I kno what you mean its probably cause of the symmetry and color coded bases plus you have to go along the bottom area to reach the other flag gj on the map :-)

Gordon
July 5, 2003, 6:14 pm
I'll be changing the sky, but I'm tired of all the maps having the same skycolor. Anyway, if you have something else to tell me, on how to improve it, I'll be very thankfull.

For the 2.0 version I'll remake every polygon to make it more smooth and detailed, I'll add lots of scenery, and probably more routes to each flag.

-GF

Gordon
July 5, 2003, 6:45 pm
Well, there It is, I uploaded a modified version, with a greenish sky, hope you all like it. Also if you search throught the directory of the file, you'll find previous and ulgy betas of this map [:D].

PS: Use the same link above to download it.

-GF

n/a
July 5, 2003, 10:05 pm

Nice... This map rocks ;)