( search forums )
voland. whats up g?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Count Newbula
July 6, 2003, 2:34 am
ok, first off. i like voland, this isnt a hate on voland post.

but im trying to figure out why every time i play voland it turns into a deathmatch.. and not ctf.

suggestion, make the roof closed off.
theres no point in having the roof, and all people do is grab a flag, fall off the map and were screwed for 25 minutes or whatever.

also, why does the ground kill you on top? and whats the point of putting a vest up there when you go to grab it, you die touching the ground?
is that vest there to tease people? if so, fair enough.

these are just things that make no sense.

NightCabbage
July 6, 2003, 3:39 am
Yes it's definately the strangest map to enter the Soldat universe.

Well, while closing the top off would be an easy fix, there may be a better solution.

Instead of the flag dissappearing when you fall off the edge, just make it return to it's place (eg. A red person with the blue flag jumps off the edge, then the blue flag is returned to the blue base.)

Then the problem will be solved.

Personally I think that it's cool to have open levels, instead of closed off ones.

I think we should make more of a thing with it and have full on floating island maps - that would be so awesome!!

And if you fall off the edge, you DIE, but you actually die and it comes up with a selfkill notice on the top left display and you have to respawn. Whereas now if you fall off the edge you just respawn, nothing happens...

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!!

I love this idea!! lol

Bring on open Soldat maps! rah!

Count Newbula
July 6, 2003, 4:18 am
indeed man, whatever works towards a solution.

i would have said that idea of making flags just respawn, but dont know how hard it would be to code or whatnot, as opposed to just closing off the top :P

and i agree with selfkill from falling off maps.

Detonator
July 6, 2003, 8:06 am
Yeah, it wouldn't solve everything by closing off the map. One time in CTF_Run, the flag guy was blasted through the floor, and we lost the flag. It was funny to see, but not funny to play

b00stA
July 6, 2003, 2:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by Count Newbula

also, why does the ground kill you on top? and whats the point of putting a vest up there when you go to grab it, you die touching the ground?
is that vest there to tease people? if so, fair enough.

these are just things that make no sense.

As I already said in another Voland topic, Voland gives advantage to the kind of people that know how to move properly. For example the bridge: When you lose the flag above the bridge, you have to jet down there and return it, ofc without touching the ground. It's easy when you know how to. You can identify a newbie with this :)

About the roof.. yes, either make it closed or change the behaviour of the flag when moved out of the map.
And the thing with being killed on the top while trying to get the vest is VERY good. If you want extra protection, you have to risk something (btw it's so damn easy to get it, only died once.. the first time I played Voland).

Just stop complaining and making Soldat newb-proof. Finally a map where you need at least some skill do to certain things.

drezco
July 6, 2003, 5:34 pm
making it newb proof is not a solution. soldat is for everyone. if you like ctf games that turns into team dm, well i guess it's just fine for you...

but i'm okay for just a fix on the game to bring back the flag automatically.

arC
July 6, 2003, 5:57 pm
yeah voland is great, especially how ur health slowly regenerates at your base, that should be in all maps, or maybe a seperate platform from the flag so people cant camp infront of the flag and keep healing and never die, jsut like voland :)