( search forums )
Mappack submition- {CTF}Hurry
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
SDA
July 6, 2003, 4:19 pm
Ok.. My first map for soldat... The waypoints are screwed.. The bots get stuck 1/2 of the time.. :( But still i think its a good map...

No screenshot beacouse i want to se u ppl actualy use teh map.. not to judge it by the screenshots... ;)
The map is a small , action packed map with capture the flag... The smalest map of CTF i think..

Scrennshot UPDATED THE SECOND TIME: [IMAGE] hurry_scren.JPG22.7 KB

Download map UPDATED THE SECOND TIME: [IMAGE] ctf_hurry.zip26.93 KB

Tha Doggfather
July 6, 2003, 4:28 pm
im only dl it if there are screens

SDA
July 6, 2003, 4:51 pm
Hmm, ok ... Ill post some screns.. lol

fabmanx
July 6, 2003, 6:44 pm
hmm it dont look like the smallest map ever.....well that just might be the screenies...

Gordon
July 7, 2003, 4:57 pm
Yeah, try to make everything more smooth, take advantage of the new features 1.1.4 brings. Like it is right now, the map looks cool, but looks made for 1.0.5b.

Anyway, good job.

SDA
July 15, 2003, 5:53 pm
Ok.. I smothen the map out.. Aded 3 (!!) statinary guns (tell me if u like there locations) and atlest 1000 more polygons...

Picture: [IMAGE] hurry_scren.JPG33.7 KB

Try it.. BTW: The picture gives a [:-censored]y impresion.. u have to try it to se it..

U can download the updated map in my first post...

Hercule Poirot
July 15, 2003, 6:52 pm
yeah now it look some kinda better :)

SDA
July 15, 2003, 8:41 pm
Any advice ? Realy ned some to get this map into the official map pack ;)

xXShavoXx
July 15, 2003, 8:59 pm
It's to late for that now. We have already chosen the maps that'll be included. Spend some more time on shading, and get rid of those ledges. Those are just begging to be camped on, and they're really just cliche-ish anyways. I don't really have any other suggestions. Maybe put a little more thought into the layout, and your maps might just make Soldat MapPack 2. :)

SDA
July 15, 2003, 10:00 pm
Yea.. Ive ben considering to remove some of the ledges... Especialy for the blue team...

Shading ? Hmmm... Never thouth bout that ! Ill do my best! :) Ill send a BETA shaded map tomorow... Ill shade it.. I hope it will look good... Still like playing the map with the bots:P lol

When is Soldat map Pack 2 coming :P

TNX FOR THE SUPORT! [:D]

Hitman
July 19, 2003, 10:21 pm
Could you please include some close up screenshots.