( search forums )
buttstock hit
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
PuMa
July 6, 2003, 7:36 pm
Personally, I like this. Its really useful when you're trying to reload your gun, and you and just run up and smash the guy, however...

IT IS A PAIN IN THE ASS WHEN YOU ARE PLAYING A TEAM GAME!!! Ill be shooting at somebody on the other team, and one of my team mates comes and stands by me, and my guy starts trying to hit him rather than shoot the enemy.

Solution? Disable it from working on people on your own team.

R
July 6, 2003, 7:50 pm
yeah, that would help

SuperKill
July 6, 2003, 8:19 pm
[IMAGE]

no but seriusly, what the hell is buttstock hit ?

Tha Doggfather
July 6, 2003, 8:50 pm
whahaha funny pic. i dont get it either...

BManx2000
July 6, 2003, 10:22 pm
Buttstock hit: stand next to (on top of) a guy and press fire. See him whack. Simple, really. Easier on non-moving zombies, or on a teammate on a waypointless map, so they don't move. Also known as pistol whip.

morpheus
July 6, 2003, 10:46 pm
when i'm low on power and there's no power up in site, i usually go in for a kamakaze with my m79. but now that doesn't work, since i just knock the gun out of my opponents hand and have to turn around and try again.

Inzurrection
July 7, 2003, 1:28 am
sounds cool to me, but using a barret u dont usually get up close enough to whach someone in the face with your rifle.

but it would be very annoying to have that happen.

Inzurrection

PuMa
July 8, 2003, 8:47 pm
lol, kinda forgot about this topic... I didn't know what else to call it, so ya, i got buttstock hit off of the new features list for the game.

I cant believe some of you people have ever experienced it before :-S

sauron_the_deceiver
July 8, 2003, 10:00 pm
I think they know what it is in game, but the people who don't understand are foreign, and probably haven't heard it put in that way before - I hadn't until 1.1.4 and I'm England! :p.