( search forums )
Map Pack submission: King of the Hill
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Gilrad
July 8, 2003, 2:30 am
Didn't I tell you to expect another unique map by me? [:D]

If you don't understand what King of the Hill might entail, you pretty much start out on either side of the map, in the middle of a bunch of air, and there is only ONE platform. Anything else kills you instantly (in the most bloodiest way possible, of course.[^])

Now, the biggest problem I have with this map, is the bot support. I don't know if it's just me doing a bad job with the waypoints, or if it involves the bot's inability to detect a slightly dangerous poly, but either way, they can get very easily side-tracted by fighting other bots, so much that they run out of feul (which I did give quite a bit of) and fall helplessly to their doom.

Another thing about this map, is it's my first real experiment with scenery graphics. On my other map, Bottomless Pit, I was only getting the hang of scenery graphics... I must say, it's amazing what you can pass off as blood by simply messing with it's scale and giving it a red tint. [;)]

Anyway, as usual, any suggestions, feedback, support, or advice to keep the bots from acting like a 12-year-old with ADD would be greatly appreciated.

Overall view:
[IMAGE]

In-game view:
[IMAGE]

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] KOTH.zip5.81 KB

R
July 8, 2003, 3:30 am
where do you spawn? just wondering

Gilrad
July 8, 2003, 4:48 am
You see those two 'blood' spots on the side of the walls? somewhere around there.