( search forums )
Matrix mod for soldat
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
x-sane
July 8, 2003, 6:36 am
Ok I don't know how they'd do it or anything but how good would it be to have a matrix mod for soldat? you could have your little guy with Neo's glasses and coat and backgrounds could be different and stuff, tell me what you think, and yes i realize that i don't have any stars and probably don't know what i'm talking about, but, hey give me a break i just joined [:-devil]

Duke33
July 8, 2003, 6:41 am
No worries man, stars dont make a difference, at least to me and most people. Its content that matters. Anyway, um, it would be a major mod. Right now, and forgive me if im wrong and correct me modding people, but right now pretty much all you can do is change to names and icons of guns, and then change sounds. ANd i think thats pretty much it. So, it would be impossible to make glasses and jakcets and stuff. As for background, right now you can only do colors. But what do you mean by different backgrounds. Explain.

R
July 8, 2003, 7:01 am
the background could be like a cityscape or something. so that it has towers as the back

Inzurrection
July 8, 2003, 8:49 am
so far as i know of, this is what you can change

1. Weapon skins and weapon menu skins

2. weapon names

3. you can add some thinks like sunnies and stuff, (look at paintball mod 1.4, it has a face mask thingy on it) so i dont think a matrix coat would be a problembut that isnt part of the face, so i dont know

4. You can change the bullet trail colors, and i think you can alter them all together

5. Interfaces and Cursors can be changed

6. SFX can be changed

that all i can think of now, i could be wrong on somethings
but i think most of it is correct... but im not sure,

mabye one of the veterans could correct me if anything is wrong, other wise thats about it ^_^, but like i said, i am probably wrong on some things...

Inzurection

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 8, 2003, 6:16 pm
you can change the weather effects too cant you you can make it like the matrix with all the diff symbols and stuff falling down instead of rain or sand lol that would be hard to play in tho :-p

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 8, 2003, 11:39 pm
but what would make it different in terms of game play other then the appearence? maybe u can make soldat jump incredablely high, can walk on vertical surfaces ( in exchange for jet fuel ) and any other powers could use up jet fuel also. and make an animation that has the character go prone in air, but facing upwards (Matrix Reloaded thingy with trianty)

Duke33
July 9, 2003, 4:05 am
Yeah, i wouldnt like it tons, i must admit. For christ sake, if that much was changed then it would have to be called Soldat: Revoulution. Anyway, i wouldnt like it,as i said, but thats just me. Again, free right of speech and i aint stopping you, but i dunno if it would be made.

LOL, xsane, sorry about that. Its just a term of speech, as you know im sure. Anyway, ill make sure i dont do that anymore....anyway, your one of the few females here, so feel special...

choco
July 9, 2003, 9:33 am
if you are totaly serious about this im willing to help with weapon design.......dunno bout sound man ive got so many sound fx of an m16 firing that sound different..........i have an idea for a mod how about a soldat world war 2 changeover can anyone say mp 40 and thompson..........well either way im willing to work on your idea or my own when yours is finished or doesnt get started

bert111
July 9, 2003, 10:04 pm
why is this at the ideas\suggestions? shouldnt it be moved?

Cr4cK
July 9, 2003, 10:41 pm
Matrix mod? nah...

x-sane
July 10, 2003, 2:06 am
lol thanx duke and i will feel special from now on!
hey choco you can go 4 it if you want i don't really know much about game design just computers themselves, so yeah if you want to acually do it then feel free.

choco
July 11, 2003, 12:05 am
lol i got no idea about the sunglasses i can just do guns n sounds lol i hate being so limited

NuZZ
July 12, 2003, 8:31 am
well youy guys! ihave created a little Matri-reloaded map and mod for myself, if u want it well, A S K !

?
July 13, 2003, 2:16 am
pretty cool idea at least i know i am not the only nerd that plays soldat now =)

T.J.FoRd
July 13, 2003, 5:19 am
hey theyve already made a sunglasss mod get it here
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=5317
its near d bottom of d page
Its not that great but oh well

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 13, 2003, 5:36 am
....................never ending loop..................(by Ford lol)

NuZZ
July 13, 2003, 5:55 am
wtf u saying bout this nerd [:-censored], u calling me a nerd dude, u betta not ever think dat [:-censored] ok? thats just evil, u can stay a nerd and just go play leiro or warheads se(whse is kinda allright tho, pretty neat little game... C O U G H !)O K!