( search forums )
JUST AN IDEA!!! - Implementing frag points?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
TheGrinch
July 8, 2003, 9:37 am
I think it would be kind of an interesting idea if you had some sort of a tracker that counts frags as points. These points could be used and transferred (sort of like money) to buy different equipment. (Just a rough idea... maybe a pointless thread, but still something to think about nonetheless.) Like for example, bob frags 30 people so it transfers 30 points onto his account. Bob can then go buy different and new guns or other equipment. But this is pretty much a useless idea until more guns and weapons are created. This would have it's downsides though. For example, someone could go to a n00b server and buy a bigass gun and kill everyone with one shot a piece. Eh, i'm just rambling so i'll shut up now, its 1:37 am... [xx(]

Tha Doggfather
July 8, 2003, 9:47 am
its sorta like CS then, wouldnt be soldat. something like this has been suggested before, i think people are taking this too far

IDF-RIPsta
July 8, 2003, 9:51 am
I love the idea and it is funny you mentioned it.
You live in the US, where the rich get richer; it is part of your mentality.

It is a very raw concept that could be shaped into many different and interesting things.

Before we can take this any further, registration needs to be free.
Then accounts would store various data like frags, as you mentioned.

Just as a side note, lets not reward people for frags alone, it should be Frags - Deaths = points.

CbbLe
July 8, 2003, 10:52 am
Don't like it...one of the good things with Soldat is that you can always have the weapon of your choice to fight with.

besidesw I agree that it would be too much CS if you implemented that.

Inzurrection
July 8, 2003, 1:35 pm
too much like CS and it complicates the game too much

TomPenny
July 8, 2003, 6:47 pm
yea.. if u like this play CS :)

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 8, 2003, 11:42 pm
u see, that would simply drive away the noobs... imagine this, socom vs super duper ultra raygun 3000 :) who would win???

TheGrinch
July 9, 2003, 7:52 am
Drive away the n00bs... isn't that a good thing?

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 9, 2003, 5:04 pm
noobs as in new people in the game