( search forums )
Spawn Protection?!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
-Phil-
July 9, 2003, 9:01 pm
Sorry if this has been brought up before.. but I just had an idea.

Well, I've been playing games like UT and RTCW: ET, and they have one pretty cool feature in them: Spawn Protection

For those who dont know what this is, it means that when you spawn, you have maybe a 5 second invincibility.

I figured, well hey, most complaints are about spawnkillers, so why not?
The way I see it, when you spawn, you'd be invincible (like flame god on DM, but without the flamer) This invinciblilty would last 3-5 seconds, or until you fired your gun, or threw a nade, whichever is first.
You wouldn't want to have the property last too long, or else you could fly halfway to their base and not get killed. And on deathmatch, you would only want it to last maybe...1-3 seconds, or not have it at all (not like much people spawnkill on DM anyway..)

This way, you would have maybe 5 seconds to jump out of the way of that chainsaw-er and kill him.

What do you think?
~Phil

(edited for spelling)

Jak0b
July 9, 2003, 9:04 pm
yea..that would be cool..the time could be about 3 secs..

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 9, 2003, 9:23 pm
its already been posted but i like it too many spawners right now argh.

TomPenny
July 9, 2003, 9:33 pm
yea maybe :)
but if u need to react fast and u cant fire?
and u have like m79 which loads fast... then your a sniper target

-Phil-
July 12, 2003, 11:24 pm
Up, I think this really would help alot.

~Phil

CbbLe
July 12, 2003, 11:50 pm
nooooo..I hate it. Just learn to avoid them.

besides 3-5 seconds is way too long...maybe 1 sec.

R
July 13, 2003, 12:05 am
yeah, in most levels all you have to do is jump as soon as you spawn and put jets on then you can shoot down at the spawnkiller. problem solved

-Phil-
July 13, 2003, 12:09 am
Yea I know, I jump and kill them a lot, but on some levels, you spawn right there next to them and saws just chew you up, Voland for example.

Plus it would stop all the whiners saying they keep getting spawnkilled etc etc [xx(] ...

~Phil

iLLskiLLs
July 13, 2003, 12:26 am
Nah, no need really. Besides You think its fair if you spawn with protection, then I shoot you but you live. Then in turn u can shoot me and I die and all you do is lose spawn protection.... pfft!!

You know if you spawn and shoot me and kill me. It's the same thing as a spawn kill right?

-Phil-
July 13, 2003, 12:45 am
LoL Illskills.. I guess it really wouldn't be fair on some maps, like ctf_viet, where you spawn right by the flag.
Person from blue team comes, takes flag. 2 people spawn at red base. Blue tries to kill them, but can't. When in-turn red kills the enemy and regains the flag.

Alot of my idea keep getting shot.........

~Phil

iLLskiLLs
July 13, 2003, 1:01 am
quote:Originally posted by -Phil-
Alot of my idea keep getting shot.........

~Phil

Well, Don't give up, improvise. I guess it would be ok If, when u spawned u had protection for 2 seconds and, you couldent shoot weapon or throw grenade. then its fair. But it must be optional. ;)

?
July 13, 2003, 2:02 am
i bet tons of ppl had this idea =) but yes that woudl rock

but why were chainsaws put in the game anyway =/

namjagerungbengi
July 13, 2003, 2:19 am
quote:[i]Originally posted by ?/i]
i bet tons of ppl had this idea =) but yes that woudl rock

but why were chainsaws put in the game anyway =/

Yeah seriously, Soldat means soldier. Never have I seen a soldier kill a guy with a chainsaw.